Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimsley-San

[Xrd] Faust vs. Ramlethal

Alright so I played this match up for the very first time yesterday and it's pretty rough, I really feel that knowing exactly how her sword trajectory works and knowing when to run in while shes on cool down is vital to winning this match.

When she bursts it put you at full screen and in bad position because the swords come out immediately to keep you in place. Normally as Faust players we tend to want to throw and item and press forward to get at 5S range for pressure but the issue is once you move forward the horizontal sword will catch you and if you try to jump you'll get hit by her air sword which tracks you. This is a HUGE problem, this is where I feel the game gets really complicated for this match up because you get the hit on Ram but she gets the free out with burst and the free pressure, so in a way it kind of benefits Ram when you hit her because they just want to get the knock down and pressure free from the burst. 

I found that 2P when you stuck in the corner negates her rush ins ONCE SWORDS ARE ON COOL DOWN. 

I can not stress once your in you have to do the damage because this dumbass character will not let you have another,

So a couple of things I was testing is using his 214 (P/K/S) into YRC to get out of pressure was a good way to get out. If you have no meter use at your own risk,

Knowing Ramlethals strings is key also because she can do block strings into overheads and its hard to see at times because you got sword animations overlapping. I found myself using my meter to dead angle but again pushing Ramlethal away plays to her advantage more. 

She gets to swords YRC into a free get away.

If anyone else has any knowledge and experience please share up.

I'd go as far as to say that using a door is worth it even if it gets you punished, as it gets you out of the sword setup. However, good Ramlethals just don't give you the chance to use it, combining sword pressure with Ram's strings, so you should be more concerned about not letting her get in, maybe even going for some early pressure, yourself. 

Also, drill-canceling is extremely important in this match-up, as you can move around both swords more freely and still block them despite our long air-dash animation. And hey, maybe you can even stuff a scalpel into Ram's face as she tries to approach you in the process.

Try to stay on the ground for the most part and react to IAD JP with K or 6P, and if she tries to jump back summon try to catch her with JH. If Ramlethal is forced to fight you on the ground, you will have a much easier time playing neutral.