Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poultrygeist

Vs Elphelt

Unlike our DV seals, her grenades do not go away when you hit her, because we are not an attractive anime girl.  Please remember this Holiday season that waifu privilege is a very real and dangerous thing.

DV seals actually don't go away when you get hit.  It's a Bedman myth!  Just like the seals being able to absorb hits even though attacks pass through them unaffected like a knife through delicious creamy butter.  

edit: well the attacks from the seals do go away if you get hit, just not the seals themselves

There's been some research done in the Elphelt forums - blitz shielding the grenade toss makes the unblockable either fail or be pretty low-reward (you spend 25%, get 12.5% back).  Can delay super shot to bait blitz shield, but there's not much reward off delayed shot.  If she does toss without YRC you can backdash or jump the sniper shot, you risk getting caught in recovery though if she delays shot.

every time the stupid grenade eats task A
every time the stupid grenade hits me out of task C
every time the stupid grenade kills my stupid seals

every time

every time

FINALLY found a video of this god forsaken matchup: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25150111 (begins at 11:31).

It's not lookin' pretty dudes...granted it's possible this player may have done the MU incorrectly, after all this appears to be random netplay?  It seems like rocket launcher is pretty damn fast because I saw it straight up shit on Task A/Prime attempt.  It seems like her screen control is just too strong for us, we're very big and our shit takes time to set up.  I'll probably try to dissect this later, I'm super tired right now.  I'm just praying that this was a fluke/the player didn't understand El's game.  :(

I know that we can walk under her 5HS for this MU... other than that, I've only faught like one that knew what they needed to do. I've just seen them do 5HS and sniper all day long. I think sniper is punishable if you forward dash through it though.

If you're quick you can 6HS (or f.S if you don't want to take risks) bridal expression on reaction.  I don't know if raw bridal express is even such a good idea, but there it is.

If you catch them trying her reversal super you can very quickly mash out a dash and be safe, but if you know it's coming it's probably better to just block and then 6P, especially since dash can be finnicky online.

Crawl does NOT go under rocket launcher for some god forsaken reason.  This move is also extremely fast so IDK what to do except jump it.  Funny enough Bedman's idle animation where he falls backwards?  THIS goes under the move.

And all this is just silly week 1 Elph stuff.  I really feel like this is gonna be a rough one guys.  It's too early in her existence to say whether or not she's Bedman's lousiest MU, but it's definitely confusing, so any and all information is welcome IMO.

All and all, my thoughts on this MU are https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o19CaOSuD8

I know that we can walk under her 5HS for this MU... other than that, I've only faught like one that knew what they needed to do. I've just seen them do 5HS and sniper all day long. I think sniper is punishable if you forward dash through it though.

sniper is very punishable, and our odd jump seems to mess with a lot of elphets- I'm not sure I've ever been hit by it while airborn.

One of the hardest matchups, definetely. If she managed to lock you in the corner you are probably dead. However, she doesn't have good defensive options without 50 tension and even with that it's easy to bait, so if we managed to lock her in the corner we win. But her neutral game is much, MUCH better. I prefer to play zoning in this MU, and if she starts to use sniper rifle you can always use 3H or even try to dash in shot active frames to teleport (but it's really hard).

Also keep in mind that it's pretty hard to land 236k oki on elphelt because of her stupid wake up time, so don't really rely on it in this MU.

This matchup is beyond stupid for Bedman, but at least her grenade throw is slow enough that you can easily dash into it and teleport through. Great for if she's trying to zone with rifle. You can also teleport off of the grenade explosion, but the timing is extremely tight and usually not worth it.

Who are you guys fighting when it comes to this MU? Cuz while I hardly see her in ranked (damn sea full of Ky), I havnt lost to her there. I really enjoy just staying on the ground since our walk animation goes under her 5HS (though obviously not the biggest threat).

My best friend/main sparring opponent mains her and plays only her, so that's who I mostly see. Really if she's 5HSing recklessly you should be able to just dash through it.

This matchup is very hard i try to save my burst as long as possible. Its winnable but you have to try way harder than her. I try to super jump and task b so i can get some got damn space to throw out a task a. But damn Elf sit on my face.

I don't see what is so hard about this matchup to be honest. I haven't run into any Elphelts online (low or high ranked) that would suggest it was a bad matchup. I didn't get a chance to fight Bananaken's though.

If you aren't instant blocking bridal express, I guess I can see why you might be having trouble. Grenades can be dash parried with ease. What exactly does she have that is a bad matchup for him?

I just registered but have lurked here for awhile. I think this match is tough depending on the skill level of the Elphelt player. I live in Houston so I play offline against Kid Viper so I can say firsthand that the match-up sucks. Lol Elphelt has really good movement but not many players are utilizing her mobility like they could. In the corner, it's really bad so I try to move around so I can fight her effectively. If anything, you can't get impatient against a good Elphelt because you might make a critical mistake and get destroyed.

I just registered but have lurked here for awhile. I think this match is tough depending on the skill level of the Elphelt player. I live in Houston so I play offline against Kid Viper so I can say firsthand that the match-up sucks. Lol Elphelt has really good movement but not many players are utilizing her mobility like they could. In the corner, it's really bad so I try to move around so I can fight her effectively. If anything, you can't get impatient against a good Elphelt because you might make a critical mistake and get destroyed.

But what exactly makes this a hard matchup? Her mobility?

Grenade, options at neutral at a lot of ranges, strong pressure/rtsd/oki, grenade, hella good damage off stuff in corner which isn't an uncommon situation for Bedman to be in, also grenade. Also good alfs aren't going to be throwing out 5hs randomly, they're going to use it to limit where you can stick your shit out, keep you from getting air futbol out at a certain range, etc. I'm not going to say this is a bad matchup, but it's definitely a rough one and you really have to be constantly on point during neutral.

But what exactly makes this a hard matchup? Her mobility?

Mobility and her range on normals along with priority make it tough for me. Close S can make it tough to approach via air. If you get caught in a corner carry combo, then she can make it hard for you to get out of the corner. The unblockable can be set up or shotgun pressure can keep you in the corner. His big body doesn't help him in this situation either, imo. Elph always seems to have meter so that's a problem in itself. Lol

Grenade shouldn't be an issue at all...it's basically a free teleport parry. Yeah, the player might be waiting for the teleport but the teleport is not actually punishable. At worst, they will continue to pressure you but atleast the grenade won't be there locking you down.