Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psyken

Millia x I-No: Knockdown City

This matchup will primarily consist of you trying to get the first knockdown on I-No just like the rest of the cast but it is very important that you stay near her as much as possible because I-No has very little options. 

Antidepressant Scale (Music Note): Be wary of this and learn where they start when I-no performs this move, it will usually indicate where the note is going. She will try and use this to lock you down and scare you into blocking a mixup. The longer it travels the more hits it gets, up to 5. So jumping out of this or running under isn't bad.. I don't think blocking it fullscreen is that much of an issue but she will definitely be closer if you just sit there and eat it on block/hit. 

Some options that you can use against antidepressent scale is jumping a low note, if she presses forward you can throw your hairpin and may even begin to start your own pressure. If you jump the low note and you don't have a dagger, be wary of her Sterilization Method if she makes the right read she will snatch you and begin a combo. IAD j.p isn't a bad choice either. 

High notes you can run under and she jump try to stick to 5P/5K/J.P.. these are great normals when dashing in because you might even catch her recover or hit her before she gets a button out. If you make the right read and you're in her face when she's performing Anti, you'll at worst trade. 

Chemical Love Vertical: We hate this move, and let me tell you why. It can cross you up if you let I-no fly over your head. It stuff low hits. She can YRC this and get a combo off of it. She has great vertical range with it. The hell with this move lol. Because of this move alone you have to think twice about your buttons and spacing. 5P/5K will smack her out of this but if you try 5S and she's a bit too high.. whiff. If you dash in and get to close.. let's say you try a 2D. Oops. 2K? Oops. 

Chemical Love Horizontal: We can dig this move.. I like it. Millia has a "tiny" hit box when dashing. Millia be right below I-No CLH when dashing towards I-No. This will WHIFF on Millia. Unless... You stand up. So if you see CLH don't do that. 2K, 2S, 2D, are great normals for CLH. Naturally you can also be in the air when she does CLH  off the ground but if she does it in the air at your level, block of course. There is not hitbox very close to I-no if she does this in your face for whatever reason. I'm talking grab range but thought it was interesting to note. Don't be scared of CLH, embrace it, then punish I-No if abusing it.

Longing Desperation: Super "Frame 1~13 Strike Invul. Starts 2 frames after the flash so it's possible to reversal throw it right before it goes active if used at neutral (it's not throw invul)" LD is best used on wakeup which causes a problem. You can't throw her and she forces you to block. I-no is also + on block by 1 frame. You can jump this super buuuut, we Millia's know what we really want after knockdown ;D Just keep an eye out on her meter. 

Sultry Performance: General rule in GG is, if its in the air block high. So if she dives on you block high. Trades with 5P given the angle. 6P is an option but its usually hard to react to because Millia's 6P has a longer start up. SP can also be Charged. From personal experience, blocking this lets me throw out swift normals so.. I'm assuming its negative on block. It depends on where she hits you with it on block. If it is above Millia's waist its a free punish. If it is close to the ground, you're plus but harder to punish. 

Stroke the Big Tree (Spike): It low profiles so you'll have to 2K/2D this one. This move have a long start up though. Wiki says 20 Frames for S version and 28 frames for H version. 0 on block and +3 respectively. You have to look out for this move during neutral because if you go in and you're trying to hit CLV with that standing normal, you'll definitely get hit. This has gone under Millia's 5HS > 214K - HS follow up on block. 

6P (AA): "
1-11 frames invul above the knees." 21 recovery frames on whiff -10 on block. This AA is really good for I-no. You can't just jump in and go crazy. You have to respect this AA but there are ways you can help yourself via jumping in. Dagger, and turbo fall. Dagger will alter your jump and projectile at the same time while turbo fall will.. make you fall faster but can still be hit. She can use this to beat out pokes with the right read. 

Oki: You have a right to be scared of her oki and by gawd is I-no's oki good. Should you unfortunately get knocked down, Dead Angle, BURST, Winger (2141236+H) are pretty much the only options you have if you have to press buttons on wake up. If you don't have meter or burst though be prepared to block. She can attack with 2 overheads, 1 then go go low etc. Its hard to react to some of that shiz especially on empty dash into low. If you decide to Winger I-No can make the right read by not pressing buttons and punish you. I-No's dash can act as a safejump. J.D is hard to see and when you throw in BS, can be dashed out of, make it look like its going to hit and drop to the ground for the low and idfhsoighoighoi'ahsg MIXUPS. DONT GET KNOCKED DOWN. D:<  oh... and throws... 

This match can be stressful but with the right reads and knockdowns you'll secure the victory. Your 5P will be good on I-no's dash in and I-no's 2S is NOT a low. Millia can 6K I-No 2S, 2D and other low moves. Fullscreen, using garden isn't a bad idea every now and then but careful of Antidepressant. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I come up with more stuff I'll add to this post. Sorry if this isn't detailed enough or if I'm missing a bunch of information. Will gladly add to it at later times. 

My local I-No player sometimes likes to "poke" with HCL and I found Roll > Digitalis to be pretty good against it. Will lose to STBT though so still need to be careful with it.

Millia's 6P helps me a lot during this matchup if you time it right and read your opponent well. 

Millia's 6P helps me a lot during this matchup if you time it right and read your opponent well. 

Yep, it's good in those situations where there's no note on screen and I-No is hoverdashing from mid distance. But if she's already very close it won't come out in time to stop her from doing her hi/low mixups.