Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magaki

[Xrd] Elphelt - General Thread

RULES:

First rule: You can pretty much consider this thread to be the "Elphelt Non-gameplay related thread."
You can talk about anything concerning Elphelt here. The point however is that the main subject is and should always be Elphelt. If you believe that a thought you bear doesn't belong to the gameplay section, you can share it here.

Second Rule: Going off-topic a little bit is more or less allowed.
If there is a debate, at some point, there will be a need to mention subjects not directly related to her in order to bring new arguments. It happens quite often in debates and generally, improve its quality. Not allowing it would be a shame but it HAS to be moderated and I'll be here to tell you when you have been off-topic for too long.

Third Rule: Story and fanart related subjects belong to the Zepp Museum. Not here.
Like the second rule mentioned however, there can be some cases where you will need to mention that in a debate. In that case, I'll allow it as long as the main subject is still Elphelt and I'll tell you when you should stop.
It's in your best interest to talk about it in the Zepp Museum however as you will be able to share your thoughts and opinions with more people.

Fourth rule: Dramas, insults or anything displaying bad manners or immaturity will be sanctioned.
If you have poor social skills, don't know how to properly behave or have no common sense, don't post anything in this thread. This rule is your first and last warning. You will be sanctioned right afterwards if you don't respect it.

Final rule: If any of the above rules gets ignored several times, this thread will be locked.
Whether it's the same individual who keeps behaving this way several times, members ignore my authority or any big dramas happening, this thread will be locked definetely and gameplay will be the only subject the Elphelt forum will be allowed to talk about. The thread won't be deleted and will be used as a future example to make people understand what happened the last time the Elphelt forum as been given a chance. You have been warned.

If you can respect the rules I've set, you're welcome to post here and have fun !

【Ogawa's XRD Top 6】 Zato > Millia > Ramlethal > Faust/I-No/Elphelt

【OGAWA XRD TIER LIST】

S: Zato > Millia
A+: Ramlethal > Elphelt > Faust
A: I-no=Venom=Sol=Ky
B+: Rest

"Elphelt is really strong all around and has more chances to setup unblockable that Zato. I think she beats every char below Faust." -Ogawa

Based on tweets translated by Jiyuna.

Considering how tier discussions tend to fluctuate quite a lot, I would prefer that you talk about it here.

As for me, I agree with Elphelt being high tier but disagree with his opinion about her beating every character below Faust. Some matchups like Ky and Chipp are particularly tough.
Also doesn't look like he knows how to deal with Elphelt's unblockables while it's much harder and rewarding for Zato considering he can also do jS safe jump with it.

Wow, thought it was just me. I totally agree with you about chipp and ky. Ky seems to just destroy me in neutral. No matter what I try to do, his normals are just better. He has a good dp, a good anti air, good everything. So your basically forced on the defensive, waiting for him to make a mistake. Which can suck against a good one. As far as chipp hes so fast, with so many tools that my grenade is useless, because he just teleports and hits me, and he's in my face hitting me before I can even setup footsies, and elphelts defense is terrible. Btw ramlethal is a bad match up as well. Her best neutral poke, is 9 frames. Ours is 9 as well, which just causes a clash.  If you want to beat her poke at the start you have to do 2s, which actually whiffs, and she recovers faster and then your already screwed. IAD backwards? screwed. All your doing is giving her time to setup. Your best option is to rush her down. But she has ways to stop you quite easily. Overall ramlethal is a broken piece of shit.

To me the problems characters regardless of tier are:

Faust

Chipp

Ramlethal

Ky

Bedman(i fought a really good one yesterday, and couldn't do anything. Elphelts grenade just becomes a way to teleport behind her)

I want to also say Zato simply because we have no way to get out of his pressure once the rape train has started.

as far as I know, this character is simply dumb, why does she crank the R.I.S.K. up soo high?  get that it's probably interruptable, but god damn, after ONE such blockstring, the guard is flashing meaning CH city, meaning the commnd throw is a serious problem from then on. smh.

/Rant (goes to practice Zato-1)

Haha, real talk, 2H is pretty funny on block. That said, you can't complain when you play fucking Eddie. Get outta here.

I'll probably write down every updates I do here now instead of the gameplay section.

-Updated the wiki with the new notes and fixed some mistakes in it. I recommend everyone to read it as most moves pretty much were updated.
-Added now an okizeme section with the current unblockable loop we are doing and every links required to understand perform it. For more details, this page will be used now to list everything in order to keep the okizeme section clean. Like you could guess, it was written using the datas transcribed by Rikir (great work by the way). I will take care of the known counters another day.

Obviously, big thanks to Alioune who found all those setups and shared them to us.

About the ninja nerf rumors:
Like you probably guessed, whether it concerns Elphelt's shotgun stance, her unblockable loops or anything else, it's still the same. This is exactly the same character so it's obviously not true at all.

Also, once I'm done writing the counters that were mentionned before, I'll work again on the combo thread and will finish it this time. (Unless new techs are found and I'll have to update the wiki to explain everything once more.)

If you're having trouble figuring out neutral, you might not be playing safe enough.

Elphelt is not so broken that she can run at people and press buttons fast, nor can she easily just space out her normals and win stand offs.

what i would suggest is playing around with our ultimate neutral game tool. The grenade, keep them guessing when and how you're gonna throw it.

will you throw it before you approach? will you approach with it ticking in your hand and throw it as you get near? how about throwing it during a blockstring.

playing around with tools and learning stagger pressure with shotgun can really help your game