Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I don't think its inaccurate at all. Just after the patch its gotten way more inconsistent and more delay. Feels that way to me. Someone who ive played with since vanilla sf4 now feels much worse

Well I had way better games at 12 frames delay then at 4 so I'd tend to agree with the person before you.

Whether it's accurate or not one thing is certain - the patch fucked up online even more instead of fixing anything.

I actually think it's better now, because the delay is constant and not variable, hopefully they can get the delay a little lower with future patches though.

5f that never changes is better to me than 3-6f changing throughout the match.

Regarding online play (PS4 to PS4): Blind criticism should stop. Getting 3-5 frames in this game or 100ms in another game or most of your cases does not mean bad netcode. The only, truly, bad thing about XRD and +R's net play is no/useless invites. People complain about +R and praise GGPO? I have been playing +R for a year now with my friend and executing everything I want to and defending (harder with lag) without any problem. But 3rd Strike is a laggy mess with that same person. Same case when I visited japan carrying my PS3, but 3rd strike wasn't usually lagging there. But I cannot say GGPO is generally better in any case or worse. to my specific case +R almost runs like offline. 

Look at it objectively, in order to compare netcodes somewhat fairly you at least have to check the pure ping between you and your opponent first. You should blame/investigate Internet Service Provider's data routing. Blame/know other guy's/girl's connection (I cannot count the times I played against friends with lag in different games, only to have them admit later that they were squeezing the limit out of their connection while playing). Check for ISP's fluctuations in connection speed. If all is good, only then you can blame the game's code.

I understand people are frustrated but It is a fighting game. It needs super fast connection to operate without lag. +R and XRD are perfectly functional for people with fast connections (with each other, not generally), blaming net code should be put to rest.

Regarding online play (PS4 to PS4): Blind criticism should stop. Getting 3-5 frames in this game or 100ms in another game or most of your cases does not mean bad netcode. The only, truly, bad thing about XRD and +R's net play is no/useless invites. People complain about +R and praise GGPO? I have been playing +R for a year now with my friend and executing everything I want to and defending (harder with lag) without any problem. But 3rd Strike is a laggy mess with that same person. Same case when I visited japan carrying my PS3, but 3rd strike wasn't usually lagging there. But I cannot say GGPO is generally better in any case or worse. to my specific case +R almost runs like offline. 

Look at it objectively, in order to compare netcodes somewhat fairly you at least have to check the pure ping between you and your opponent first. You should blame/investigate Internet Service Provider's data routing. Blame/know other guy's/girl's connection (I cannot count the times I played against friends with lag in different games, only to have them admit later that they were squeezing the limit out of their connection while playing). Check for ISP's fluctuations in connection speed. If all is good, only then you can blame the game's code.

I understand people are frustrated but It is a fighting game. It needs super fast connection to operate without lag. +R and XRD are perfectly functional for people with fast connections (with each other, not generally), blaming net code should be put to rest.

Before the patch I had a constant 2F delay ( it feels offline-ish) with a friend. This is the same friend I play +R with and it is perfect.

Pre patch had a 2F delay and it was okay untill today I played with him Xrd and it had a constant 3F delay but it also feels worse than that. Not sure what went wrong.

Well, with all this delay talk...

I played with the same friend, around the same time the last two nights. First night, we both had 4-6f delay. Next night he had 9f and I had 2f. He's west coast and I'm east, both on ps3s etc.  I'll see what happens when we next play

You can buy DLC off of the Japanese PSN and it'll still work with your Hong Kong copy.

Yea but different currency. I still have leftover HKD from purchasing Xrd.

Sucks  :(

@maverick, are you just talking about for the colors? Leo and the system voices are in the HK Store.

I pre-ordered online from Best Buy and my credit card still hasn't been charged. The order status is shown as "in progress" just as it has been for weeks; no shipping notification, nothing. EBGames.ca did have the option to pre-order the game online, and I think you could request to have it shipped to your location of choice. Too late for that now, anyway.

Still on the fence about whether or not to pull the trigger on the download tonight and just return the physical copy whenever it arrives. No wonder retail discs are going the way of the dodo.

Just to follow up on what I said in the old thread, the "out of stock" message finally changed to "in stock" today, despite having pre-ordered well in advance. The estimated delivery date to Toronto is... December 29th. Are these people for real? Has anyone in Canada managed to buy a physical copy of the game or is Best Buy the only chain to botch the release this badly?

@maverick, are you just talking about for the colors? Leo and the system voices are in the HK Store.

Yea pretty much the only thing that I want

Well guys, looks like the US LE's are being out in the wild earlier than expected by some people, one on the PS3, and an unboxing on the PS4.

The Backyard book reminds me of the SC V LE with the book thing as well. :kitty:

Amazon updated my delivery estimate to Christmas Eve, following two earlier estimates of the 26th and between the 30th and 15th.

Does anyone else think the frame delay counter on online is a lie? I played a lot of ggpo, and this feels way heavier. Maybe when they say 4frame delay it is like, x5 for the real amount?

I bought the color pack for all characters and it's missing Ky's colors, wtf with this game.

Yeah me too, and if you go into PSN and select to only download Ky's colours it downloads the whole pack again, without Ky.

Ggpo is objectively better for high level play. 

If you want high level play, you play offline.

So we figured out the cause of the 12f delay, it's from PS3 to PS4.

The PS3 user will get 12f, while the PS4 user will get like 2f.

Funny because for me it's the other way around. I have 12f as a PS4 user, while PS3 users i play with have 2f.

So we figured out the cause of the 12f delay, it's from PS3 to PS4.

The PS3 user will get 12f, while the PS4 user will get like 2f.

Nope. PS4-PS4 still 12F.