Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I think I have seen more complaining about this game than any other game I've played. The game's fun, and most people seem to think it's fun, and then I see people making a huge deal out of practically everything that bothers them.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that people shouldn't complain or that the complaints aren't valid. I'm just amazed at how much time people spend focusing on the negative aspects of the game as opposed to the positive aspects.

It's just inevitable hype backlash. As much as people joke about it being God's Gift , it's not a perfect game. Of course, none of our games are -- we should acknowledge that -- but Xrd had a rather sizable hype train behind it, and ArcSys hasn't handled the game as well as we'd hoped in two important departments (PS3 port, release week netplay). The negativity will die down as we get used to how things really are as compared to what we expected, and also as the netplay gets patched to playability.

It's just inevitable hype backlash. As much as people joke about it being God's Gift , it's not a perfect game. Of course, none of our games are -- we should acknowledge that -- but Xrd had a rather sizable hype train behind it, and ArcSys hasn't handled the game as well as we'd hoped in two important departments (PS3 port, release week netplay). The negativity will die down as we get used to how things really are as compared to what we expected, and also as the netplay gets patched to playability.

That's why I always say this: Calm down, hype only becomes frustration.

Does The game needs PSN working to play offline? ¬¬

My game is freezing in first loading...

No I had the same problem yesterday. It'll hang up sometime on the initial loading screen and its just the game looking for a connection WHEN it is connected to a router etc as best as I can tell. I've just let it sit there about a minute and it continues on to the title screen eventually.

Also...

I unplugged my Ethernet, and it works now. I guess it hangs waiting for a PSN response

The patch broke more than it did good for me. 2-3f turned into 4-5f, more spikes than ever before (had matches with the delay jumping from 3f to 19f all of a sudden). Anyone else experiencing these rather weird developments?

I have the JP PS3 version. I only played a little today in the Northern European and German rooms, but my matches felt more stable than before. I was even surprised to see 1f delay with a 4 bar Swedish player, because I used to get locked to 4f delay even with Finnish or Swedish 3-4 bar players. I played some guy (Don't remember where he's from) who had a stable connection, but the delay jumped to around 4-7 frames. That happened only once. I think I played some 2 bar player in a German lobby and it still felt stable - around 3f. So far, my 1st impression of the 1.03 patch is good.

The patch broke more than it did good for me. 2-3f turned into 4-5f, more spikes than ever before (had matches with the delay jumping from 3f to 19f all of a sudden). Anyone else experiencing these rather weird developments?

The 2f you were getting was actually a lie, you were desynced while your opponent was getting 12f.

No one probably cares with all the netcode arguments but Xrd won best looking game of the year from Giant Bomb :)

It's astounding to get these graphics from UE, one of the worst graphics engines there is.

No one probably cares with all the netcode arguments but Xrd won best looking game of the year from Giant Bomb :)

Yeah, well maybe the netcode could be better if ASW didn't spend all the time on the graphics! /jk

Glad to see it getting the recognition it deserves.

I think I have seen more complaining about this game than any other game I've played. The game's fun, and most people seem to think it's fun, and then I see people making a huge deal out of practically everything that bothers them.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that people shouldn't complain or that the complaints aren't valid. I'm just amazed at how much time people spend focusing on the negative aspects of the game as opposed to the positive aspects.

I noticed this seems to be the case as well. I agree that it is totally fair for people to complain, but it was kind of a bummer when the game finally came out and the News and Gameplay threads was chiefly talk about the netcode and such. I was hoping to see some interesting discoveries or more general talk of 'this game is fantastic'.

So have any of us Canadians gotten the LE yet? I hear VGP shipped out earlier this week, but being right on the border in ON it's possible their shipment comes direct from the US. Future Shop / Best Buy still have my order showing as "In Progress".

I noticed this seems to be the case as well. I agree that it is totally fair for people to complain, but it was kind of a bummer when the game finally came out and the News and Gameplay threads was chiefly talk about the netcode and such. I was hoping to see some interesting discoveries or more general talk of 'this game is fantastic'.

Not to mention, bad for the population of the game too. If someone were to browse through some forums and look at things to see if they should get the game...Some vocal individuals can easily sway people to just not buy the game. 

Awesome.  I'm actually kinda disappointed that when I look at some of the more "public voting" centered awards, GG isn't even being nominated for categories like "Best aesthetic", "Best comeback of an old franchise", and "Best Music".  It doesn't have to win, but you have to give games like this enough credit to let people actually vote on them!

Awesome.  I'm actually kinda disappointed that when I look at some of the more "public voting" centered awards, GG isn't even being nominated for categories like "Best aesthetic", "Best comeback of an old franchise", and "Best Music".  It doesn't have to win, but you have to give games like this enough credit to let people actually vote on them!

Best music? Meh. The soundtrack does it's job but isn't that amazing. UNIB's is leagues better.

No update on the Hong Kong DLC? My waifu needs to be distinguished :toot:

Dang still!? I knew I shouldn't have bought the HK digital version :(

Can I just say, May's victory with April and the whole Jelly Fish Pirates is one of the cutest things ever?

"Boys drool

Girls are cool

Pirates forever

Jellyfish rules!"

Can I just say, May's victory with April and the whole Jelly Fish Pirates is one of the cutest things ever?

"Boys drool

Girls are cool

Pirates forever

Jellyfish rules!"

While I am not fond of the translation of it when in English, the quote as originally written is awesome, yes. :D