Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Not really a gameplay-related question. I have multiple user accounts on my ps4, and as we all know you can only play online on ps4 if you have ps+.

The official statement from Sony is, that all users on a ps4 can play online, as long as there's at least one user who is a ps+ member, and the console for this user is set as the "primary ps4".

But then again, I read that it depends on the game in particular, whether a non-ps+ member has full access to the game's online multiplayer. At least this seemed the case with Destiny, where some missions were locked out to ps+ members only.

Did anyone of you with multiple accounts try that out with Xrd? Do you have full access to the online features via a non-ps+ account?

IIRC FD jump does cancel the very last frame of jump startup in previous games. There was in fact a detailed tutorial regarding it with frame-by-frame comparison. As far as whether or not it's still in Xrd, no way to tell without something similar. Air FD does typically seem to make your hitbox smaller, so it is likely still beneficial to use it.

This^. For instance, off the top of my head, Sol 2s-6h can only be FD high jumped out of. 

Clay: Are you saying that FD jump removes the dual air/ground frame and considers you totally airborne? 

So... Has anybody in the US gotten their Limited Edition version yet?  The GS where I pre-ordered mine still has the LE listed as "in transit" even though they were supposed to get them in on the 23rd.

Are you in Canada? I got mine today.

Not really a gameplay-related question. I have multiple user accounts on my ps4, and as we all know you can only play online on ps4 if you have ps+.

The official statement from Sony is, that all users on a ps4 can play online, as long as there's at least one user who is a ps+ member, and the console for this user is set as the "primary ps4".

But then again, I read that it depends on the game in particular, whether a non-ps+ member has full access to the game's online multiplayer. At least this seemed the case with Destiny, where some missions were locked out to ps+ members only.

Did anyone of you with multiple accounts try that out with Xrd? Do you have full access to the online features via a non-ps+ account?

It works. I have multiple accounts on my ps4 and I bought it with my Japanese ps4 account which has no ps+ and I can play with that account or my American ps+ one which is my main account.

That means you picked the wrong one, but the game is just fucking with you for extra lols. Funny, I always thought that only the purple death did that.

I'm under the impression that when you're in Hell Fire that the other player can't win the guessing game or something along those lines. Not certain though.

It's just random  it seems. It happens when the opponent picks the angel at full health (tested via shuffling no cups) and it doesn't always happen in hellfire (for either player) either. It may possibly have a higher rate of happening when in Hellfire, but i'm too lazy to test.

Is anyone else finding it hard as hell to land low air dash j.s/j.h on crouching characters in this game? With Sol and Ky in particular. 

Is anyone else finding it hard as hell to land low air dash j.s/j.h on crouching characters in this game? With Sol and Ky in particular. 

Some moves are just narrow on the horizontal plane, it depends what kind of attack you're using to do this in the end though, you need to use the downward-hitting moves rather than the horizontal ones which are intended for air-to-air usage.

Hey Everyone,

For those of you that ordered the US LE, did you think it was worth it? I'm asking because mine came damaged from best buy, and I need to re-order from somewhere else as they are sold out and I wonder if I should even bother. Maybe wait on a mook? downloaded the Japanese version already, but I really wanted that codex....thanks.

Some moves are just narrow on the horizontal plane, it depends what kind of attack you're using to do this in the end though, you need to use the downward-hitting moves rather than the horizontal ones which are intended for air-to-air usage.

I specifically mentioned j. S & j. H which are buttons that traditionally have a downward hitbox in the series. For the characters mentioned in particular. 

Hey Everyone,

For those of you that ordered the US LE, did you think it was worth it? I'm asking because mine came damaged from best buy, and I need to re-order from somewhere else as they are sold out and I wonder if I should even bother. Maybe wait on a mook? downloaded the Japanese version already, but I really wanted that codex....thanks.

If you're interesed in the story and character profiles is definitely worth of it, it's not that big of a deal but there are a couple of things that are only explained in the Codex, and I added some new information on the GG wiki about it yesterday.

I specifically mentioned j. S & j. H which are buttons that traditionally have a downward hitbox in the series. For the characters mentioned in particular. 

I remember this issue with the combo challenges with both.  IIRC, I usually neutral jumped, descended a bit and then air dashed.

Yes, both versions have audio of both languages, as well as the text of them (even though I haven't tried this one but that seems to be the case according to other people).

Don't forget that Faust in the video has low life, the game failsafes to prevent Faust from suiciding with the move.

Nope! The move doesn't do that much damage to Faust to begin with, and I've actually gotten the KO with a correct guess against a friend playing Faust. (I was 4 for 6, git rekt Jetm.)

Nope! The move doesn't do that much damage to Faust to begin with, and I've actually gotten the KO with a correct guess against a friend playing Faust. (I was 4 for 6, git rekt Jetm.)

....okay how the hell does that work?!

I'm actually rather fucking curious now!

Are you sure about that?  I even tried training mode with Faust set to absolute lowest life and still couldn't get it to kill.  That's weird.

I unno what just happened, but I hit X to go into a lobby match and now I've been stuck on the "Please Wait" screen for like 5 minutes. It booted me out to the waiting area, but I'm still in the lobby. Anyone else get this? Google returns zip.