Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I unno what just happened, but I hit X to go into a lobby match and now I've been stuck on the "Please Wait" screen for like 5 minutes. It booted me out to the waiting area, but I'm still in the lobby. Anyone else get this? Google returns zip.

You wanna press the ps button, sign out of psn, then sign back onto psn and rejoin the room you were in.

Are you sure about that?  I even tried training mode with Faust set to absolute lowest life and still couldn't get it to kill.  That's weird.

It kills even in training. It really is just random.

Weekly reminder that the DLC colors are still not available on the HK store.

Still got remaining HK points, really wish they would get in on this. HK did get the online adjustment patch US got though right? I remember downloading some sort of patch, but I can't remember what it was.

Weekly reminder that the DLC colors are still not available on the HK store.

Honestly I get the feeling that the HK store isn't going to get it.

Seriously what is taking so long? :mad:

Honestly I get the feeling that the HK store isn't going to get it.

Seriously what is taking so long? :mad:

I am guessing they don't know there was a problem with them while they were being made available in the store, because according to the user below, they are listed if you access the store through the Network menu in the game.

Still no colors for Hong Kong. If you try going to the PlayStation Store via Network menu in game it actually has Colors listed as a category, but where its preview image should be it just says "Missing Image" and if you select it it just takes you to a store page with no items. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

Hey so I'm a brand spanking new GG player, I'm one of those "I always play the grappler" type people so I was gonna play potemkin no matter how good he was. However, one of my friends recommended that since I'm still learning GG, I should pick up someone easier, learn the games systems and such, before moving on to playing potemkin full time. It sounded like it made sense, however other than Sol and Chipp, I'm not sure what characters are considered "easy". The other characters I was interested in(but had no intention of playing till much later) are, Ram, I-No, and Elph, do any of those qualify because if they do I can just kill two birds with one stone.

From the little I know though, Ram and I-No don't look easy to learn, but maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, that's my conundrum, figured I'd ask to see what others thought. 

Hey so I'm a brand spanking new GG player, I'm one of those "I always play the grappler" type people so I was gonna play potemkin no matter how good he was. However, one of my friends recommended that since I'm still learning GG, I should pick up someone easier, learn the games systems and such, before moving on to playing potemkin full time. It sounded like it made sense, however other than Sol and Chipp, I'm not sure what characters are considered "easy". The other characters I was interested in(but had no intention of playing till much later) are, Ram, I-No, and Elph, do any of those qualify because if they do I can just kill two birds with one stone.

From the little I know though, Ram and I-No don't look easy to learn, but maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, that's my conundrum, figured I'd ask to see what others thought. 

Ky and Sin are the other easy characters you didn't mention.

Just play Potemkin if it's what you want to do anyway.

Wow playing GG with an arcade stick feels weird.  Perhaps maybe because of Guilty Gear's strange button layout.  This will take some time to get used to.

Wow playing GG with an arcade stick feels weird.  Perhaps maybe because of Guilty Gear's strange button layout.  This will take some time to get used to.

Glad I'm not the only one who think this. I'm so used to playing AC on a pad that transitioning over from Persona on a stick was really weird. I've been trying weird combinations of button settings but nothing feels really natural as of yet.

I find the default button configuration works great on Hori layouts. It's something like this:

P   S     D

K   HS   R

The arcade layout feels strange to me.

That is pretty much how I had my buttons configured since GGX. That zig-zag pattern worked for the Vampire/Darkstalkers series, and it works for GG.

I'm a stickler for using the default arcade layout, but I've always been super confused about why they made 3 of the 5 buttons transfer seamlessly, but swapped P and K. They even made their icons the color of the buttons they're assigned to on a Dual Shock! It took me a solid week before I got used to it, and I'm still a little shaky. Challenge mode was one of the first things I tried to do, and I mixed up P and K EVERY TIME. I can switch back an forth between stick and pad in BB on the fly, but the PK thing makes it too disorienting in GG. That's what I get for having 10+ years of on and off single player casual GG pad play experience.

I'm so used to my heavy attack being where dust is that for the first few days I'd always overhead whenever I wanted to heavy. I'm getting better though, cleaning up my habits and such.

To people who have been playing Xrd more seriously than I / people who have followed videos since the Japanese release: does this sort of thing happen often in danger time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXmR4Mu5Q-0

Because I don't quite know how to feel about it. On one hand, it's hilarious...on the other, shouldn't projectile freeze when danger times activates? Seems like an oversight. Apologies if I'm beating a dead horse, because I honestly didn't follow the game at all until the console release.

To people who have been playing Xrd more seriously than I / people who have followed videos since the Japanese release: does this sort of thing happen often in danger time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXmR4Mu5Q-0

Something wacky always seems to happen during DT.  Luckily, it hardly ever happens.  I've been playing the game somewhat regularly for more than a week now, and I still haven't gotten the trophy for activating DT.

Anyone know how much the dlc colors cost on the JP ps3 psn store?

Im starting to lose hope on HK store updating.

I read somewhere on gamefaqs that its actually Arcsys's problem and not the PS store.

Anyone know how much the dlc colors cost on the JP ps3 psn store?

Im starting to lose hope on HK store updating.

I read somewhere on gamefaqs that its actually Arcsys's problem and not the PS store.

It's 100 Yen a pop, IIRC. I've got an HK version, as well, and luckily, I still had around 700 Yen in my wallet since buying BB DLC.

Use the standard layout, you will thank me years in the future.  Guilty gear has the best layout of any fighting game, because you have one button for each finger in the place than you fingers would most naturally lay.