Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I can't wait for J.Wong to sign up and get DQ'd like in KiT for not showing up for his pools.

This'll be great.

That happened? Sucks. I thought it was only CDjr who did that.

That said, they both pre-regged for Apex GG. We'll see....

I said e-sports movement, not people.  And I actually love that the game is popular.  But e-sports is basically putting censors on a lot of things in the scene that some players find highly annoying, especially when it only appears to happen at/around the time of EVO.  

Ah, the E-lluminati, right.

Uh, you'll need to elaborate.

i guess i wont be partying for at least one night. im not saying 8 am is too early, but i always considered my "drink/party til 3am and get up two hours later" phase to be over, lol. 

I said e-sports movement, not people.  And I actually love that the game is popular.  But e-sports is basically putting censors on a lot of things in the scene that some players find highly annoying, especially when it only appears to happen at/around the time of EVO.  

Once again, thank you for your obviously insightful input, sir or madam.

I honestly doubt it.  As Destin and some other folks said in ther tier thread it's not really likely that GG is gonna blow up and become a major esports game.  I understand your concern but it hasn't really been an issue for many games outside of maybe Smash and SF.  

Ugh.  That means we have to deal with the "e-sports" movement

lmao

"What's the use of having respect and legitimacy if we can't act like dipshits all the time?"

How many years has it been since GG was a main game.

5 or 6 years ?

One of those guys in the stream said 4 years.

I just looked it up.  It was missing in 2007 or 2008 or something, but the last one I'm seeing was 2009.  By 2010 Evo was hosting BB.  That's 5 years worth of events that didn't have GG on the main stage.

Cautious win is when you win with a particular normal, usually a 2P. Like, the opponent only has a sliver of health left and you just jab them out of something to win the round. Makes sense.

The announcer also says what sounds like 'hell yeah!' during some victories. Not sure what the criteria is, maybe Hellfire win?

I used to believe that Cautious Win was caused by winning with a low level attack, but since getting the game, I've gotten Cautious Win with really massive Overdrives and such in M.O.M. Mode. I suspect those instances might have been through the chip damage of the Overdrive, in which case it might be caused by winning with a raw hit that either barely kills the opponent off or deals a very low percentage of the opponent's total life.

So what are some good techniques for teching in the air? I really dislike mashing tech games (as opposed to holding down the button) and I'd like to know some way to get teching more consistent but also not come out swinging afterwards.

I tech with faultless defense at the moment, but it doesn't let me tech forward (since you need to be holding back). What else can I be doing?

Hope you boys are ready for S tier Bedman.

edit- I can't read a lick of JPN but I see 2/5-2/8. Guessing loketests begin February 5th?

Pretty typical to rebalance here, follows their recent formula with BB.

It doesn't. That was a console update , not an arcade update. And it smelt a heck of a lot like an update for console that they did specifically because they screwed the pooch with kokonoe. (AND to support EVO, I thought)

This seems to be an arcade update... and who knows when it'll hit consoles... But we do know it'll be in arcades for a while first, I think.

It doesn't. That was a console update , not an arcade update. And it smelt a heck of a lot like an update for console that they did specifically because they screwed the pooch with kokonoe.

This seems to be an arcade update... and who knows when it'll hit consoles... But we do know it'll be in arcades for a while first, I think.

BBCP 1.1 was in arcades like a good 2 months before it came to console...