Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

This is hilarious. Console hasn't even been out two months. The ArcSys cycle is so real.

It's probably unrelated, but it's doubly hilarious that it was just a day or two after the EVO announcements, too.

It's probably unrelated, but it's doubly hilarious that it was just a day or two after the EVO announcements, too.

Yeah, I doubt this announcement is any bit related to EVO, though EVO might influence their plans with regards to console release of the new version.

BBCP 1.1 was in arcades like a good 2 months before it came to console...

Really? RIP. Not how I remembered it at all.

Just noticed something about the title screen music theme. The arcade version used a MIDI rendition with obviously fake guitars, but the console version has it with real instruments. I guess they hadn't had time to record it yet, and the finished version will be added with the arcade update.

Oh goodie, rebalanced Xrd.

I just love having steady stream of high level footage from a game that may or may not be released somewhere in the near future.

Isn't it cool that we can now waste time playing a game that will be outdated in a month, when we only had it for two?

I especially enjoy how there's still no EU release dateso you can only netplay with a hundred people or so.

Laugh all you want. I know expecting anything else by this point was just me being silly and naive, but ffs I really had hoped that at least with Xrd there will either be instant balance update for both arcades and consoles, or a long time without anything of sorts.

Oh goodie, rebalanced Xrd.

I just love having steady stream of high level footage from a game that may or may not be released somewhere in the near future.

Isn't it cool that we can now waste time playing a game that will be outdated in a month, when we only had it for two?

I especially enjoy how there's still no EU release dateso you can only netplay with a hundred people or so.

Laugh all you want. I know expecting anything else by this point was just me being silly and naive, but ffs I really had hoped that at least with Xrd there will either be instant balance update for both arcades and consoles, or a long time without anything of sorts.

さすがアークシステムワークス

Really, this is par for the course by now. Expect to see a lot of "waiting for Xrd 1.1" and "Xrd had a good run" jokes coming.

Though I'm personally curious to see how the revival of GG weathers the "ArcSys cycle." Even if it wasn't the game I wanted people to stick with, it'd be pleasing to see the community at large stick with something.

If it's a thorough update, that's sort of disappointing. I felt that it was already a reasonably balanced and generally good first installment of a new series with more room to grow. Brand new fighting games don't usually turn out like that. Besides, I paid for this shit a month ago and they're already about to tell me that what I bought is on the verge of becoming obsolete. Maybe fighting game developers still don't know how it feels to be stuck with something the top players elsewhere in the world are already done with, especially when that feeling kicks in so soon after ponying up the cash.

In reference to some posts above, I think it'd be a miracle if ArcSys even know what Evo is. They've always been out of touch with their Western fanbase and I doubt they're going to coordinate their plans perfectly. If the difference between versions is significant and some top Japanese players opt out of going to Evo, that'll be a tragedy.

they threw 30k into the pot last year, they know what EVO is.

The differences I'm thinking may or may not have existed, because my memory is not so good on this apparently

BB:

0. BB chosen for EVO

1. Everyone is pissed about Kokonoe

2. EVO announces ban of koko

3. Arc announces balance changes.

4. Was there a date before it even hit, or was announced that it would hit arcades?

5. Wasn't it 4-5 months between console and 1.1?

GG:

1. GG chosen at XRD

2. By the way, new version for arcade, loketest next week

3. 2 months between console and arcade update?

done

It's not really a matter of whether or not the game is already balanced enough, this is simply business.

Arcades are customers of Arcsys as well, if they release the same game as the console version then there is no real point for players to play the game on arcades anymore, and arcades themselves get screwed.

Actually every new console release for such games is pretty much bad news for arcades, so they can't afford to have the console version being more up to date than the arcade one for too long.

So yeah, this cycle may seem stupid, but actually it makes sense if you look at how the Japanese market is and what the local player's habits are.

Considering the fact that the arcade version has been out for over a year already, it was bound to get an update sometime soon. It's not like the 1.1 version will come out tomorrow. They're just starting loctests and loctests tend to last a month or two at least.

Also, in the case of CP1.1, the changes weren't that big for a lot of the cast (with some very notable exceptions) so you may not have to "relearn everything" as I see some people implying.

Nobody knows just how excessive the changes will be but I don't expect it to be major enough so as to make playing Xrd right now a "waste of time" or anything of the sort. You can still work on the GG-fundamentals that will obviously never change all that much right now so do that.

(also, I pray they fix/remove/pretend they never added Danger Time in this update lol...a man can dream, no?)

I was kind of wondering if they'd let the average amount of damage that is generated slide.  Got the answer to that one.  Hell they might even work out this whole YRC thing that some players seem to hate.

I would not be surprised if they start regulating YRC windows by either shortening them on certain moves or just removing them entirely. Not to FRC levels where you need 2-3 frame timing, but short enough to prevent certain crazy things like command grab YRC OS. If your timing is too late, then you get a PRC.

More interested/concerned about the character rebalance. Usually they do a good job about this, but I like Sol the way he is now, hopefully they won't nerf him (or if they do, not too much).

People mashing and getting counterhit by the HS followup to dandy S which leads to tons of damage does not make Slayer a good character. Everyone can do this much damage of damage off of a similarly-unlikely starter if not more. I don't understand why we're even having this discussion. It's an unlikely starter. You don't judge chars based on their damage ceiling. If you did Sin would be SSSSSSSSS tier.

Wrong thread buddy

I think everyone should keep in mind that the game has been out for a full year. Granted the game for the US has only been here for a month. Personally a year worth of playing time before any kind of re-balancing is perfectly reasonable. As for the re-balancing of the cast I don't see them having to do to much. My personal opinion is never nerf a top tier character but instead buff the characters that are low. GG has always been a series where every character is insane and I hope that trend stays with Xrd.

Again I would say before anyone starts tweeting hate about a balance patch. Please remember the game has been out for a year.

How long it's been out isn't the problem. That it's been announced not even two months after the console release, that we don't know if said console release will be updated long enough before Evo, that there are other (read: better) things they could've done before this, those are the problems. This just reeks of ASW believing that games have to be updated around a year after their release (well, them or their investors; remember, investors are always a problem), without regards to whether or not that's actually for the best.

The patch is ok, the real question is if it is going to be released before or after EVO. After all, if they released it before EVO, they need to make it happen in both consoles and arcades. But it is possible that they make some loktest in this 5 months and release it after EVO's done since it seems there isn't a immediate Kokocase. Even though I do think that the upper ones need to be nerfed kind of hard, they have a lot of tools and a lot of damage.

I can see this being done since they'll want to put the console exclusive into the arcade.

Hopefully Elphelt's grenade gets adjusted so it doesn't control the pacing of the match since it keeps a hitbox even when rolling.

Probably also will adjust prorate on the explosion so Elphelt can't just loop it meterless.

Also, does it make any sense for her to be light-weight class but to have normal defense modifier?

New balance update?

give Chipp non drug addict health pl0x

Chipp is one of the best characters in the game and you wanna health buff ?

Also, does it make any sense for her to be light-weight class but to have normal defense modifier?

She's a robot in a wedding dress, makes perfect sense.