Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Look at it from design perspective, not from arcade top10. Would you say Zato is mediocre if Ogawa was not around?

Even with Ogawa I think Zato is overrated but never mediocre. I mean, there's not really any mediocre character in the game. Maybe Slayer.

So I gave this game a chance three times now. I tried to enjoy myself, but I can't with the mechanics and pace of the game. I'd rather play AC+R for a couple of reasons, but the main reasoning is because it does have Bridget. But heavy emphasis on Roman Canceling bothers me and the Danger Time mechanic is stupid as all hell. However, no character in the current roster has me interested enough to learn them and learn the game fully. I tried Zato-1 due to puppetry, but he's too Relius like for my taste; I tried Ky due to him being a beginner character, but I just don't like his style; and Bedman has a cool English voice and personality, but his style just doesn't interest me. *sighs* Hopefully, the next version of Xrd comes soon and brings back my character, because vanilla Xrd just isn't fun to me like AC+R is, no matter how many times I try to give it a chance.

^ Well there is absolutely nothing wrong with a game not being your fancy, things happen. But I mean, roman cancelling has always been a thing in other GG games (as long as there is an option to cancel moves for 25 tension, this will probably stay that way.) Sounds like you just gotta wait till the next version.

I personally hope they never bring Bridget back, or if they do, then let him be absolute gutter tier garbage and unplayable for all intensive purposes. #hatred

Don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel

I personally hope they never bring Bridget back, or if they do, then let him be absolute gutter tier garbage and unplayable for all intents and  purposes. #hatred

Sorry, sorry, carry on.

Also, do we know if the arcade will be getting any other characters, like the console characters (or hopefully more) in the upcoming patch?

Also, do we know if the arcade will be getting any other characters, like the console characters (or hopefully more) in the upcoming patch?

The announcement on the ASW site says that Sin, Elphelt, and Leo will be added.

it's already stated that 1.1 brings console characters to arcade. I doubt we'll be seeing any new characters until next full installment/revision.

Except for the fact that Ogawa is the reason Zato is considered good. Nobody else is even close. One unblockable which isn't really an unblockable its a hard to block set up that is difficult to set up in the first place that happens maybe once in 3 games is not unbalanced. Remember that you have burst when this happens once in a blue moon. We were discussing if it was rare and as you can see it is rare against decent players. It really should not lose you the round.

Difficult to set up?  http://youtu.be/uc8T4dAhiyY

This was just posted yesterday, he sets it up against every person he faces. Command grab, getting a hit in the corner, hell he even uses his super to set it. It isn't rare against decent players. I am not even claiming whether it is balanced or not, just saying that the claim it is rare is nonsense.

The guy has been playing in the shadows alone because people kept whining about his character.

After that people started underestimating Zato due not having any Zato qualified for Arc revo while there were 2 Pots and 2 Slayer which are characters that many people think they sucks.

Now that the community worked hard to bring back Ogawa to Mikado and tournaments.

People started whining again.

Difficult to set up?  http://youtu.be/uc8T4dAhiyY

This was just posted yesterday, he sets it up against every person he faces. Command grab, getting a hit in the corner, hell he even uses his super to set it. It isn't rare against decent players. I am not even claiming whether it is balanced or not, just saying that the claim it is rare is nonsense.

Just like to add, the 1 with after the super is Boss to set up up. Wont see that one much from Zato around the world, but the rest is standard for (veteran) Zato players. There were plenty more opportunitys in that vid to set up the UBs. But all his opponents had Nerves of steel to not break during Zato + Eddie rushdown (or decided to block all the way and pray he doesnt use a CT)

^ Well there is absolutely nothing wrong with a game not being your fancy, things happen. But I mean, roman cancelling has always been a thing in other GG games (as long as there is an option to cancel moves for 25 tension, this will probably stay that way.) Sounds like you just gotta wait till the next version.

I know RCing has been a thing, but it wasn't always the focus so to speak. I could win a match with Bridget without ever having to Roman Cancel and the way the RC system is set up now, the slow down irks me and makes me lose momentum. I'm not the BEST GG player, but the mechanics in Xrd aren't as fun to me like they are in AC+R. Hopefully, the next installment or version will be more my fancy. And hopefully, Bridget does come back eventually.

I personally hope they never bring Bridget back, or if they do, then let him be absolute gutter tier garbage and unplayable for all intensive purposes. #hatred

There is nothing wrong with Bridget and he wasn't exactly all that great in AC+R. Bridget is still a popular character and requires just as much execution as the other GG characters.

There is nothing wrong with Bridget and he wasn't exactly all that great in AC+R. Bridget is still a popular character and requires just as much execution as the other GG characters.

You missed my point. #DieBridgetDie

Fucking flying into the sky for a time-out win lol

Lol yea.

I don't miss that at all. I think that was actually the most boring thing in guilty gear. Playing against Bridget then watching Bridget spend 50+ seconds a round trying to timer scam you if Bridget had the life lead. Kinda hope that Bridget returns but I kinda don't want the Bridget at the top of the screen for half the fight Bridget back at all.

Y'all just salty.

I want Jam and Bridget back, though i'm not sure it will happen.

It will. It'll probably be slower than it should be because of ASW's poor planning, but the rest of the old cast will gradually come back.

i was testing this the other day: bedman's airdash has no effect on negative penalty. lmao if one day bedman.txt degenerates into doing [3]...[4]~[3]...[4]~[3]..., backwards airdashes, and forward superjumps like half the time

i really don't like how negative penalty works in gg, tbh.

I've been playing for at least a month and this game still isn't clicking with me, I either have to go back to basics or maybe it just isn't for me. Goddamn I have never had to do so much split second thinking, even at the lowest levels of play.

i was testing this the other day: bedman's airdash has no effect on negative penalty. lmao if one day bedman.txt degenerates into doing [3]...[4]~[3]...[4]~[3]..., backwards airdashes, and forward superjumps like half the time

i really don't like how negative penalty works in gg, tbh.

Don't worry, that won't happen. BE would have to have tools to create life lead first ;)