Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Hmmm, most of these initial changes seem relatively reasonable, not quite the dartboard reaction of most early tests, but they've still got plenty of time for nonsencial madness ' 3'

Ram's lost a lot and gained almost nothing. It's fine to nerf a character but don't take stuff away. The IAD loops were fun and challenging.

Makes me feel like they're setting her up to be Guilty Gear's Makoto.

A great character to start, but progressively and mercilessly apocalypse'd to irrelevance.

oh no the S tier, first iteration of a character got nerfed! she's going to be terrible from now on!!!!

(she has underboob too! the conspiracy is real)

The only reason I can fathom they took it out is maybe they didn't want it being misread as RC inputs, but then all they had to do was make RC button press only.

Are El and Rams nerfs bad at all? From my understanding of the translation they are pretty top tier still

Ram mains seem pretty upset about it. El I feel was minor. Zato got hit hardest IMO.

Ramlethal's nerfs seem pretty hard. Not really a Ramlethal expert but she basically had her BnB combos ripped away from her.

Elphelt's nerfs were just trimming a lot of the really stupid "why does she have that" stuff.

Rammy should still be okay even with the nerfs. I have loyalty so no matter what I can't quit this character. The deployment increase is probably the most painful along with recall recovery nerf. Trance is still good thank god. And you really shouldn't be surprised to see her loop getting removed. They usually take out loops. (Hazama J.C loop/Hirentotsu loop/Various SMPs)

I always knew that El's grenade is her single most important special, and they're nerfing it as hard as they can. So yeah, don't be surprised if she drops a tier or two because of that.

Are El and Rams nerfs bad at all? From my understanding of the translation they are pretty top tier still

They changed or nerfed all of her combo parts, and made her oki less versatile. I'd say they're pretty significant. J. D nerfs are a huge hit to her damage both midscreen and corner, Dauro recovery might change some juggles, and j. 6H/2H recovery increase really weaken her oki and combo damage in the corner. No more wall stick SH, j. 2H, c. S, j. 2S, and doing j. 2S or j. 2H for oki will probably not leave you time for an airdash mix up now.

They killed the dust loop and didn't leave the alternative high damage corner options even though they gave worse oki.

Elphelt still has amazing normals and shotgun, so she'll be fine. Not having a "hidden missiles"-esque grenade should have been a no-brainer for this no-brainer from the start.

Oki def looks dead though. Maybe they'll change her play style. As of right now...... Things are looking a little grim but I believe in ASW. Besides this is loketest notes right? Things can change

I want to see how the grenade gets knocked around by normals since it could be like a minor roll away or depending on what you hit it with it could go flying away.

Ram's j.8D nerf seems harsh.  Granted in the corner she could reach close to 200 and have oki without needing a CH I think but this seems to make her damage output go down noticeably.  On the plus side being able to use 4K during PK strings can give her more mixups than having a person go, "block low and react to overhead".

Zato nerfs...that is some rough puppet treatment.  That command grab with Eddie doesn't seem all that useful even if it gets buffed but maybe two command throws can be good.

Chipp...did that guy just get buffs mostly? 

I always knew that El's grenade is her single most important special, and they're nerfing it as hard as they can. So yeah, don't be surprised if she drops a tier or two because of that.

Yeah it's sad to hear people going on like hey they didn't touch shotgun much and I really don't give a damn about it. It's all about the strawberry life.

Though she'll probably still be good, depends on how the new nade handles.

Zato though got murdered. Poor sod.

Its more of a question is ogawa going the way of +r ie quitting that version because eddie being too weak. I just hope he doesnt go back to playing aquapazza

Did someone already translate Ky changes?

Yeah, all the changes are done, look up your character forum.

Ramlethal's nerfs seem pretty hard. Not really a Ramlethal expert but she basically had her BnB combos ripped away from her.

No 15second long combos is something good in my book