Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

The character stun resistance values on 4gamer wiki (look for 気絶) are the same as +R values so I'm guessing the formula is the same. 70 stun probably means "multiply by 0.70"

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Offense_%28GGACR%29#Bear_Stun

Sol has 60 stun resistance

Raw CH DOT would deal about 50-60%

(140 X 100% X 200%) - 5 = 275

275 X (1.0~1.3) X 0.15 X 0.70 = 28.9~37.5 stun

SSSS DOT would be around 15-20 stun, too lazy to calculate

Oh no, i would prefer a stricter buffer for reversals much more. When BB did this i got DP so often instead of dash > 236 it was really painful :(

Didn't really train to adjust, though.. Do people get accustomed to this by specifically going back to neutral before doing 236? Doesn't that even make it harder to get the specials you want?

After KOF 13 i don't think i would ever complain about any other game's buffer.

KOF13 at least has an override for the DP shortcut. Sadly, it builds a habit of TKing all fireball motions which is a disaster in GG. Jump cancels, jump cancels everywhere ;___;

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they basically made the game more lax in regards to execution?

In a lot of ways, I'd say yes

DP in Xrd is oddly lenient, considering the Reversal timing. When I'm zoning with Ky's f.S > 236S, VT comes out of nowhere more often that not, which makes me feel like I'm playing SF4 (yuck). Also, certain things are impossible to execute, such IAD > 236S, which would've been an awesome midrange tool, were it not for the input leniency of 623.

shortcut for dp was disgusting in SF4 you just do 323p and it will come out.

It's disgusting because the game won't obey you. Forward walk, cr.mk xx fireball is literally impossible with the fastest timings because there's no override.

DP in Xrd is oddly lenient, considering the Reversal timing. When I'm zoning with Ky's f.S > 236S, VT comes out of nowhere more often that not, which makes me feel like I'm playing SF4 (yuck). Also, certain things are impossible to execute, such IAD > 236S, which would've been an awesome midrange tool, were it not for the input leniency of 623.

I think people have issue JUST with wakeup dp done in the first frame to beat meaties, not all 623 inputs in general.

It's disgusting because the game won't obey you. Forward walk, cr.mk xx fireball is literally impossible with the fastest timings because there's no override.

You can forward walk, cr.mk then hcf+p. It's literally not impossible at all.

I remember with vega down back crouch Lp walk forwards Kara throw gave me a scarlet terror. All I wanted was the option to actually play my character.

Re: mods being funpolice:

Sometimes, people forget what loketest means. That is happening pretty badly right now.

Most people tend not to take first loketest changes very seriously, and neither should you. Most ArcSys loketests are the equivalent of throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks; while most of these system changes are probably in there for good, a lot of the character-specific changes are, well, likely to change. So losing our collective cool over things that aren't likely to stay is a waste of time and emotion.

KOF13 at least has an override for the DP shortcut. Sadly, it builds a habit of TKing all fireball motions which is a disaster in GG. Jump cancels, jump cancels everywhere ;___;

Disregarding the bad habit,  if you're pressing the button fast enough you will not jump or jump cancel. It's no different than in KoF. You'll go flying across the screen with a hyper jump if you delay your button press in neutral. It's fundamentally the same as jump-installing in terms of canceling pre-jump frames with your button press.

After KOF 13 i don't think i would ever complain about any other game's buffer.

A 5-frame buffer with input overrides is technically superior to get the move out you want as fast as possible than a 2-3 frame buffer without an override. Doesn't BB have a 5-frame buffer with no override? Yuck if so. BBCP 1.0 had some weird character specific overrides IIRC. Like a 6236 gave Ragna a 236 move instead of DP, and other characters would get DP instead of 236 move. I thought that was the worst possible way to deal with a frame buffer.

Frame buffers are a necessary evil and even at 2-frames it can cause problems with getting the wrong move out. Input overrides are really not hard to work with and I wonder why there isn't one in GG. You said you were having trouble with accidental VV's in the loketest. A simple input override like in KoF would fix that. 66~41236[9]+H would be a guaranteed Fafnir. No waiting for that silly frame buffer to end.

I guess everyone's different, but I thought the overrides in KoF made the frame buffer extremely newb friendly to prevent getting the wrong moves out. I think KoF handled frame buffer issues better than any other game.

I just tried it myself. a forward step f.S (65~f.S) will  get you a DP 100% of the time if you do not delay the Stun Edge until the frame buffer is over.

Re: mods being funpolice:

Sometimes, people forget what loketest means. That is happening pretty badly right now.

Most people tend not to take first loketest changes very seriously, and neither should you. Most ArcSys loketests are the equivalent of throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks; while most of these system changes are probably in there for good, a lot of the character-specific changes are, well, likely to change. So losing our collective cool over things that aren't likely to stay is a waste of time and emotion.

I don't want to start an argument about this, but I have to play devil's advocate and point out that the majority of what people perceived as the most potentially game-breaking changes during the BBCP2.0 loketests did in fact make it into the final game.  Putting on a location test costs a company a lot of resources and is generally done as the final phase of testing before a game's code is finalized (the earliest Xrd 1.0 tests being a rare exception).  It's not like they're throwing darts at a board and making random changes just to find out how players respond.  It's less of a focus group thing and more of an open beta test to weed out any major issues before the development cycle officially wraps up.

As for worried speculation being a waste of emotion, how can you waste something that people possess in an unlimited supply?  I understand the value in making sure discussions stay thoughtful and focused, but expecting people to only deal in raw data without any "Hooray!" or "Oh shit!" responses isn't entirely realistic.  This is a video game discussion forum, not a virtual board meeting for a Fortune 500 company.  Let people get a little excited/anxious/exasperated if they want to.  As long as nobody's regressing into profanity-laden all-caps shouting, this is still a more civil environment than you get on 90% of the internet.

That (massive derailing, flaming, etc.) usually comes next after the Horrays and oh shits. Sometimes it can get really bad, which I guess shtkn is trying to avoid entirely, however what comes next is highly unpredictable. While an escalation about nerfs and buffs on any popular game on a forum is inevitable, I do agree that dealing with that obstacle when it comes up on the road is the best way to go. Otherwise it really does oppress the thread to the point of most of the threads purpose being a punishable offense.

Most people here are grown enough to be civil and have the mental capacity to do so, why punish everyone? The rules are on the front page, assume everyone has read it and at the first sign of rule breaking its only fair to deal with the offense appropriately

I don't want to start an argument about this, but I have to play devil's advocate and point out that the majority of what people perceived as the most potentially game-breaking changes during the BBCP2.0 loketests did in fact make it into the final game.  Putting on a location test costs a company a lot of resources and is generally done as the final phase of testing before a game's code is finalized (the earliest Xrd 1.0 tests being a rare exception).  It's not like they're throwing darts at a board and making random changes just to find out how players respond.  It's less of a focus group thing and more of an open beta test to weed out any major issues before the development cycle officially wraps up.

As for worried speculation being a waste of emotion, how can you waste something that people possess in an unlimited supply?  I understand the value in making sure discussions stay thoughtful and focused, but expecting people to only deal in raw data without any "Hooray!" or "Oh shit!" responses isn't entirely realistic.  This is a video game discussion forum, not a virtual board meeting for a Fortune 500 company.  Let people get a little excited/anxious/exasperated if they want to.  As long as nobody's regressing into profanity-laden all-caps shouting, this is still a more civil environment than you get on 90% of the internet.

A lot of BBCP 2.0's less desirable changes may have made it, but if we want to talk about BB loketests in general, there are probably over a hundred bizarre and questionable changes that were in loketests over the course of BB's lifespan that never made it anywhere near the final game. (And that's not really an exaggeration, considering how many loketests BB's had.) Of course, the real changes were sometimes just as odd, but the loketests were often poor indicators of the final product. That's what I want to point out here.

As per the other, "don't waste emotion" is, in that context, just another way of saying "no need to lose your cool."

"Guys we shouldn't derail this thread"

*writes a post entirely off topic*

Any posts below this not about GG Xrd and that don't follow rules is having a warning sent out. Period. If you have a problem with it message an admin.

Not that I've seen? I recall it being mentioned that cameras were forbidden from this one, which isn't too uncommon for loketests of arcade games. Exceptions happen but Idk if this will be one.

I think people have issue JUST with wakeup dp done in the first frame to beat meaties, not all 623 inputs in general.

What are you talking about?

-Kimosabae

Ogawa lost to IRONMAN today at Mikado's tournament.

Hint: say the name with a Japanese accent.

You may need to spell this out for some of us, 'cause even with 4 semesters of JP, I have no idea how to say that to understand what you're getting at. Prolly just a personal issue, but some of us are pretty dense.