Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

My only rebuttal to the 6HS Ky buff would be that at 25% it would be super prone to getting reversal blitzed. I agree that it probably didn't need to be buffed however, I feel like a jerk using it sometimes lol.

I don't mind them taking their time releasing the patch on consoles, potemkins bottom tier but I'm still so bad at the game that his position on the tier list doesn't really matter. I just hope the patch comes out before EVO, would hate to be playing an obsolete version of the game at EVO.

Either way, can't wait to see what changes await potemkin this weekend.

I can't imagine ASW fucking up/around to the point that the game isn't updated some time before EVO on both consoles and arcades.  The issue is in how close to EVO the patch comes and how much of a lead time the arcade version gets.  Right now we're looking at, unless I've completely misread this topic, loketests being done by the end of February.  At that point what's a reasonable turnaround for releasing an actual update?  My general issue with this whole thing is if the arcade version gets updated in say March but the console isn't updated until May or June.  How much of an issue this is also moderately dependent on the extent of the final changes.  A few minor tweaks here and there.  Probably not an issue.  Whereas (pulls number out of ass) 3+ characters getting the treatment that Ramlethal got from the first loketest would represent a serious problem.

Why can Capcom release arcade and console patches in close proximity with the intention being to aid the disparity between regions in terms of exposure and not ArcSys?

Why can Capcom release arcade and console patches in close proximity with the intention being to aid the disparity between regions in terms of exposure and not ArcSys?

Capcom has 2,600 employees across two continents, Arcsys has 80 something in one country.

Did they really buff Ky's 6HS?  that move seemed to just lock down a lot of the cast without a good reversal and it got better?

That move is made for fighting characters with Reversals. If used correctly if baits every reversal in the game except Elphelt 236236D and Blitzshield. With the changes to it. It will also bait Elphelt 236236D.  It's not for beating up characters without reversals. It's for punishing the scrubby Sol/Chipp/Ky/etcs who are mashing on their reversal. The buff to it is likely because with the reversal Blitzshield window being bigger it's more of a risk for Ky so they wanted to give it better reward. And the extra frame makes it easier to bait Volcanic Viper and Beta Blade and makes it possible to bait Judge Better Half without the hardcall out of just doing the 6H early so it whiffs.

Edited by Sytha

That feels like the worst result to any changes with a character; not good or bad, just boring now.

bad and good are subjective terms, but boring... its really hard to define what is boring... if they nerf your main and you find it boring, then you liked only his advantage over the rest

Capcom has 2,600 employees across two continents, Arcsys has 80 something in one country.

That's actually rather irrelevant. You don't need much manpower to prepare a patch that's just shuffling the numbers. Actually looking at the changelog I conclude that ASW is aiming for a quick release. They fixed/changed stuff that doesn't require complex changes to the code, but rather could be done in editor as long as they though ahead and prepared one :D

i really need this patch now cause i'm getting really tired of hcl whiffing on faust

Amen to this.  It's about time, because this isn't the 1st game he's been able to get away with that insane hitbox he has.

If what said OSCA is really true then I'm guessing they added to HCL the same hitbox buff she had in +R or Faust's hurtbox is just bigger now, and honestly I think the first one is too good to be true so I wouldn't count on it.

If what said OSCA is really true then I'm guessing they added to HCL the same hitbox buff she had in +R or Faust's hurtbox is just bigger now, and honestly I think the first one is too good to be true so I wouldn't count on it.

I believe i read they're making fausts hurtbox bigger 

I believe i read they're making fausts hurtbox bigger 

So now i can Bandit Bringer and Riot stop his crouching ass now ?

Grounded Hit-stun: Hurtbox during certain hit-stun motions expanded

so no, the changes to his hurtbox will only come into play during combos.

Grounded Hit-stun: Hurtbox during certain hit-stun motions expanded

so no, the changes to his hurtbox will only come into play during combos.

Well that's definitely welcome, now that Sin can do f.S xx Beak Driver > RC > dash 6HS on Faust since f.S forces crouching. 

Are we wasting our time with an version of the game? What is the go to version for Evo?

Obviously going to be the version we have right now. The arcade patch isn't even out of lok test state yet. 

Are we wasting our time with an version of the game? What is the go to version for Evo?

If your cool with getting bodied in Xrd just like many of the ppl who passed on +R "waiting for the new version" then by all means go ahead and handicap yourself. Top & mid-level players are getting godly real quick - I'm sure you don't want to fall behind.

In essence, just play God's Gift and git gud.

I can't imagine ASW fucking up/around to the point that the game isn't updated some time before EVO on both consoles and arcades.  The issue is in how close to EVO the patch comes and how much of a lead time the arcade version gets.  Right now we're looking at, unless I've completely misread this topic, loketests being done by the end of February.  At that point what's a reasonable turnaround for releasing an actual update?  My general issue with this whole thing is if the arcade version gets updated in say March but the console isn't updated until May or June.  How much of an issue this is also moderately dependent on the extent of the final changes.  A few minor tweaks here and there.  Probably not an issue.  Whereas (pulls number out of ass) 3+ characters getting the treatment that Ramlethal got from the first loketest would represent a serious problem.

The easiest solution to that is to release the patch to Japan's arcade scene and release the patch to America and UK's consoles. Only Japan has the arcade luxury. They can wait a little while for the home version.

Certain combos and specific gameplay techniques might not carry over from one version to the next, but the overall playstyle of your character probably will(unless you play Ram of course). I'm still practicing this version, especially since only God knows when this patch will hit NA, I'm already 17 years behind some of these guys, not about to fall further behind.

The easiest solution to that is to release the patch to Japan's arcade scene and release the patch to America and UK's consoles. Only Japan has the arcade luxury. They can wait a little while for the home version.

This makes so much sense it actually makes me angry that ASW will never do it.

If read in Library mode, the game was supposed to go out in Europe a Little after the US release :V

Sent from my RM-914_eu_italy_292 using Tapatalk

This makes so much sense it actually makes me angry that ASW will never do it.

That would show that they have really bad marketing and hype-building skills. You don't separate/alienate the supporters of your product; especially when they can easily abandon ship from frustration. Evo is coming up and you can't half-step with this patch. We'll see what their minds are focused on soon.