Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

The easiest solution to that is to release the patch to Japan's arcade scene and release the patch to America and UK's consoles. Only Japan has the arcade luxury. They can wait a little while for the home version.

Not gonna happen because some Japanese players would still get access to the patch on consoles via reverse importing (there's also the fact that the game doesn't have region-segregated servers), and ArcSys has decided it's more important for them to protect their domestic arcade revenues than to throw an early bone to the gaijin EVO crowd. You just know that Japanese arcade owners will bitch if they don't get their designated period of full exclusivity for this patch. Like it or not, they represent the true lifeblood of GG and BB, not us.

Europeans should know by now that things for them won't get any better, any time soon. Either you import, or you wait the usual 6+ months for the PAL release (or lack thereof in some cases). Them's the breaks.

I know in the grand scheme of things its not a big deal, but was there any loketest confirimations about if the colors 7-12 are being added to the arcade update?

I know in the grand scheme of things its not a big deal, but was there any loketest confirimations about if the colors 7-12 are being added to the arcade update?

Actually it is a big deal and I want to know too.

Not a big deal? People need to know so they understand if they're playing the current game at Evo or the patched version. How's it going to look with Japan having the newer version and some of them traveling to Evo to play the outdated version?

That's going to be one awesome GG tourney.

</sarcasm>

Not a big deal? People need to know so they understand if they're playing the current game at Evo or the patched version. How's it going to look with Japan having the newer version and some of them traveling to Evo to play the outdated version?

That's going to be one awesome GG tourney.

</sarcasm>

He's saying whether colors 7-12 being in the loketest or not isn't that big a deal. It has nothing to do with Evo, patch release dates or anything else. Just whether the arcade version is getting more colors...

Not gonna happen because some Japanese players would still get access to the patch on consoles via reverse importing (there's also the fact that the game doesn't have region-segregated servers), and ArcSys has decided it's more important for them to protect their domestic arcade revenues than to throw an early bone to the gaijin EVO crowd. You just know that Japanese arcade owners will bitch if they don't get their designated period of full exclusivity for this patch. Like it or not, they represent the true lifeblood of GG and BB, not us.

Europeans should know by now that things for them won't get any better, any time soon. Either you import, or you wait the usual 6+ months for the PAL release (or lack thereof in some cases). Them's the breaks.

How many is that?

no May changes removed awwww yeah

Twitter's all over the Command Grab YRC OS removal.

no May changes removed awwww yeah

Twitter's all over the Command Grab YRC OS removal.

Happy that it's gone, sad that I never abused it.

I wouldn't expect anything from the loketest about colors. It's not like you have to /test/ colors at all. They just need to be put in or not.

For referemce's sake, there was only the default color and one more if ppl picked the same character in the initial loketests before the arcade release last year. People asked 'zomg, will we only have two colors?' and only found out when the game was officially released.

Whether the extra colors will be included for 1.1, well.. I hope so too. But I don't think we'll know till official release.

Ky new changes: Stun Edge 85% proration, Greed Sever has less pushback on block :( and Split Ciel is now lvl 3 (instead of 2 currently and 4 on the last loctest). 

Oh and it seems f.HS now has 2 frames of recovery instead of 3.

How many is that?

Enough to get the suits at ArcSys' panties in a wad and to piss off JP arcade operators.

Just be happy we're getting a free patch eventually and it isn't being held hostage behind an Extend edition.

New Sol changes:

5P: Initial prorate changed from 80 to 90

5K: Now has initial prorate of 90

5S(f): 90 prorate from first loketest removed/reverted

2HS: Initial prorate removed

Gun Flame: Shortened YRC window from first loketest removed/reverted

Wild Throw: Will now PRC if RC is used during active frame (so OS is gone/weakened)

Awesome, thanks.

Fixed cancels against bursts.

Fixed cancels after command throws.

Fixed PRC feeling like a punishment.

Now all they need to do is reduce the amount of screen freeze on YRC so that you wont have plenty of time to react to what the other player is doing and punish them while they're time slowed.

I mean you should be able to PRC OS command throws. It should be the same as YRC OS (depending on if PRC startup is the same as the other RCs, kedako tweeted that it was probably 5f as well) except more meter intensive. I don't think the command throw OS is gone.

translated by (and more info in) https://twitter.com/HiagoXYZ

Faust
- Item throw: when faust uses blitz shield on his own item, opponent doesn't get hit by blitz shield
- j.2K: 90% starter proration added
- Command throw: can only yrc on startup frames now
- f.S: 90% starter proration added; startup nerfed from 10f to 11f

- 6HS: damage reduced from 80 to 70

Potemkin

- c.S: hitbox increased
- 5HS: damage increased from 50 to 55
- 6P: damage increased from 35 to 42
- Pot Buster: damage increased from 140 to 150; can only yrc on startup frames now
- Trishula: untech frames increased on hit; the direction opponent gets blown to has been changed upwards
- Trishula: ch hit has same property as normal hit now (gets blown in the same direction)
- Heavenly Pot Buster: nerf reverted (what nerf? xd *me*)

May
- 5HS: has more stagger on CH
- Overhead Kiss: can only yrc on startup frames now
- Iruka mounting (S): how much opponent gets blown back on hit is the same regardless of button pressed (?)
- Ball Jump: there's a hitbox now even if you step on the ball right after it comes out (?)

Oh if anyone is interested I translated Leos changes its in the Leo general thread. There's an evernote too with all the changes, just go to my twitter its the pinned tweet

Also speed translated bedman and pot stuff its among the tweets

Ramlethal

- 5K: startup reduced from 8f to 6f
- 2D: 90% starter proration added
- 6P: startup reduced from 10f to 9f
- j.8D: damage reduced from 50 to 34; recovery increased from 20f to 24f
- j.D: recovery increased from 20f to 24f
- j.2D: recovery increased from 20f to 24f
- sword setup: hurtbox added; Can now strike swords to prevent them from attacking 
- PP: hitbox increased vertically
- ~4K: more untech time
- 214K: gets meter on hit now
- 214P: gets meter on hit now
- 236K: can only yrc on startup frames now
- Calvados:first hit's damage changed from 8 to 50; other hits' damage from reduced 8 to 6
Calvados: hitbox increased downwards

translated by (and more info in) https://twitter.com/HiagoXYZ