Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I hope it's soon.  Between the news of an incoming patch and a local arcade closing down, we're seeing a drop in GG activity around here.  : (

welcome to the real world kid

AFK forever, going to cry out my hopes and dreams in my bowl of cereal while Jason Derulo wistfully sings in the background. ;_________;

can yrc or any rc not eat inputs? thank you i'm getting so mad when i'm doing stuff and yrc good bye reversal input

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're asking here. Could you elaborate? Provide an example, perhaps?

I think he means that his opponent is doing YRC at oki. This makes the oki reversal safe, since opponent cant press buttons = He doesnt get reversal.

Why are you pressing two buttons while doing reversals?

Because if you do something such as VV S or HS on wake up as a reversal, you can plink them during the frame window to have a better chance of a successful input during the reversal frames. It's a personal preference. I don't do it because you don't know which one comes out until you actually do it making follow-ups guessing games.

can yrc or any rc not eat inputs? thank you i'm getting so mad when i'm doing stuff and good bye reversal input

I think the reason it does that is so you have a chance to rethink your action after the opponent RCs, but really it hurts just as much sometimes because then your timing is off.  Really I think the slowdown in general is unnecessary (This is an example of a problem that didn't exist before but appeared in Xrd because of RC slowdown) but that's me.

I think the reason it does that is so you have a chance to rethink your action after the opponent RCs, but really it hurts just as much sometimes because then your timing is off.  Really I think the slowdown in general is unnecessary (This is an example of a problem that didn't exist before but appeared in Xrd because of RC slowdown) but that's me.

It's really fun when they yrc a projectile right before you, so now they get a counter hit combo because you didn't immediately react and yrc again and you don't have enough meter for prc :|

Because if you do something such as VV S or HS on wake up as a reversal, you can plink them during the frame window to have a better chance of a successful input during the reversal frames. It's a personal preference. I don't do it because you don't know which one comes out until you actually do it making follow-ups guessing games.

Oh I see, this makes sense.