Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Various bug fixes and additional functions will be added in a patch that releases during March.
Here are the details:

Various Fixes
Network
- Improved the cross-platform play stability
Player Match
- Fixed the issue where your MOM character's level was displayed incorrectly
- Fixed the issue that you could only rarely play with some players (?)
Trophies
- Fixed the issue that you couldn't earn the Trophy "Single" (*Those who have failed to get it, will earn the Trophy by fighting a one match)
System Voices
- DLC System Voices are now adjusted, so they are easier to hear.
Library
- Fixed typos and omissions

Improved Functions
Network Lobby
- Increased amount of Beginner Lobbies, changed the Lobbies place in the list
- Added a function that forces you out of Lobby if you stand-by (No inputs) for too long. When you've been in stand-by for 5 mins, your avatar will turn sideways and after 15 mins it'll exit the Lobby
 Ranked Match
- We changed the Waiting function so that it doesn't briefly stop as often.
Player Match Room
- Added voices that tell when it's your turn to fight
- You can now quickly move back to Waiting Area by pressing the X button (Most probably O button in the localized version)
- Voice Chat is now forced off once you enter a Voice Chat Banned room
- You can now change character while you're seated on fighter seat
- Date and time is now displayed on the top of the screen
Player Match
- Font size and scroll-speed of the Comment function are now optimized
Ranking
- Added a menu that let's you retrieve a player's profile
Replay Theater
- You can now skip the victory animations while watching a Replay
Option
- Removed the function to reset your D-Code

_____

More importantly, that text lists that another patch will be released later this year.
This patch will have 1.10 balance, support for the tournament app, added "Room Disband Notice" function for the Room Owner, and added "Random" option to System Voices.

They also write they have found a way to fix the issues with PS4 Rank Match search, but it'll take some time and they are not sure if it'll make in time for that patch...

Edited by Sourenga

So, the 1.10 patch is coming months before evo 2k15?

Release date of 1.10 console patch will announced later. They just mentioned that the patch coming.

No way to know whether it'll make in time for Evo.

Also, I added the full changelist of the upcoming "bug fix & improvement patch" to my previous post.

- Added voices that tell when it's your turn to fight
- You can now quickly move back to Waiting Area by pressing the X button (Most probably O button in the localized version)
- You can now change character while you're seated on fighter seat

While that 1.10 is hotly anticipated, above is really good stuff, IMO, for this upcoming patch. ESPECIALLY the change character function. Thanks ARCSYS.

If arcades are to get the patch in march and there's no info on consoles, my guess is that we're getting it mid-may. ASW does want to release the patch quickly, we can assume that based on numerous and important changes it brings (improved network stability f.ex.). Since it doesn't get simultaneous release with arcades its development will probably be finished around arcade release, and after that there's still a month or so before it hits PSN.

unlikely that the changes will be ported onto consoles in under 6 months, the reason they release new revisions in arcades is to make money and keep players coming back to arcades even after console releases

Iirc BBCP to BBCP 1.1(?)-patch for consoles was two months after arcade release. I won't give up hope that it's going to be the same with Xrd.

I can only hope that the "update to the consoles" will come in dlc format rather than in a full-fledged priced game for people who own it already. But...the track-record :(

I can only hope that the "update to the consoles" will come in dlc format rather than in a full-fledged priced game for people who own it already. But...the track-record :(

It's the same game.

Why they would charge for a very small rebalance ?

Yea, if there was a new character then I might have been a little worried, but it's literally just a patch, I'm pretty sure they'd lose money if they tried to resell the game for just a patch.

Considering this game is in the same kind of situation and event time frame the BBCP 1.10 patch was last year, it's quite likely the console version will get patched in May or June, and was a free patch based on that track record. This is not as big of a revision like other actual named installments have been in the past.

But even if it takes longer to come out past Evo, that's fine since the current version of Xrd is still good, despite its flaws.

I'm appreciating these quality of life netplay improvements but ill still hold my breath for a rematch that skips the

"X

VERSUS

Y

GET READY TO ROCK"

that cant all be loading can it

interesting how everyone bitched about tripping in brawl but danger time isn't nearly as hated from what i read here

its more interesting how you brought up brawl in a guilty gear forum

because you should know theres nothing to be gained by comparing anything between the two

Honestly it sounds like some Xrd players are a bit prideful of Xrd. Understandable, GG is a great game, but imo, random system mechanics are terrible regardless of how they're implemented. If danger time had a guaranteed trigger (prefereably not clashes), it might be cool, idk. Maybe successful gold bursts? Idk, I'm just rambling now.

Please note anyone who gets confused about opinions, I'm not saying I'm right about anything lol

interesting how everyone bitched about tripping in brawl but danger time isn't nearly as hated from what i read here

Most people dislike it pretty hard. But... It's not leaving, so either you stop wasting your breath and just play the game, or you let one mechanic stop you from playing the game altogether.

(Not you literally, just saying)

Seriously can we stop bringing up danger time? I honestly don't see the point of arguing the merits of a feature that doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. I guess with the lack of loketest info we haven't got much to talk about but seriously it's like a broken record at this point.

I haven't been bitching about Danger Time because I haven't seen anyone do anything productive with it online. 

That's the only real time people will ask for nerfs all around the forums. lol

Exhibit A:  A mechanic that punishes you with a large recovery animation, which triggers at random when performing any left/right movement on the ground.

Exhibit B:  A mechanic that greatly raises the stakes in the neutral game and shifts the risk reward ratios of moves around, which triggers at random when two moves clash as a result of being spaced really well.

No where near the same level of bullshit.  Tripping is more likely to affect characters that want to stay on the ground than characters that want to stay in the air, and is a punishment for using a core game mechanic.  A GG equivalent would be that any time you press left or right, there's a 2% chance that you'll stand there and taunt instead.