Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Hey now, we played BBCT alot. Drove tons of hours and pumped quarters in to machines to play. It was fresh and good fun up till console came out and people could training mode.

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/index.cgi?eid=1391

I take it we're not getting patch notes.

There's a Slayer on Jonio's stream now.

Edit: Yoooo, Slayer 2H is huge.

Fair enough.  So would it be more reasonable to say that being able to delve into the nuts and bolts of the game killed the interest in BB:CT?

No patch notes is kind of BS.  

Fair enough. So would it be more reasonable to say that being able to delve into the nuts and bolts of the game killed the interest in BB:CT?

Training mode will accelerate the growth of any game. If the endgame of a game isn't worth playing, then training mode will kill it sooner.

ST, arguably, doesn't have a training mode. People theorized THawk's power, but it took 15+ years before someone put it in to practice and made it fact.

Fair enough. So would it be more reasonable to say that being able to delve into the nuts and bolts of the game killed the interest in BB:CT?

It's not BS it's just that you got spoiled.

They want people to discover changes by them selves, it's one of the thrills of a new version.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25820710

Don't know if this was posted before but it seems pretty new. I don't know japanese but ran the text through google translate, it seems like a 1.1 burst/whiff YRC OS that works regardless of tension (as long as you have over 25 for the YRC of course)

This was posted before 1.10 came out. Burst no longer gives YRC state. 

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25820710

Don't know if this was posted before but it seems pretty new. I don't know japanese but ran the text through google translate, it seems like a 1.1 burst/whiff YRC OS that works regardless of tension (as long as you have over 25 for the YRC of course)

i tweeted the details on it go check it out if you want before it gets buried in the shit posts that i will inevitably tweet out

zidane also tweeted his conversation with skd about it so check that out too, though skd and i pretty much confirmed it isn't simultaneous inputs like he thought it was in his chat with zidane

They want people to discover changes by them selves, it's one of the thrills of a new version.

So much this. I'm all for the growth of FGs,, but you can see some of the baser aspects of esports creeping in already. In the Capcom community in particular. If every single change isn't documented somewhere prior to release, people bitch and moan. I still want my games to feel like games, and the whimsy of finding unexpected nuggets in the design is intrinsic to that. 

Ok, then give me access to the new version.  Oh, wait I live in America...

So much this. I'm all for the growth of FGs,, but you can see some of the baser aspects of esports creeping in already. In the Capcom community in particular. If every single change isn't documented somewhere prior to release, people bitch and moan. I still want my games to feel like games, and the whimsy of finding unexpected nuggets in the design is intrinsic to that. 

Eh, Capcom has had bigger problems than what you're talking about.  With them I feel like it's not about e-sports it's about honesty and/or competence.  If you come out and say "Here are all the things we changed" and then people find a ton of shit that you changed but didn't mention it creates distrust.  The topic on SRK that keeps track of undocumented changes is kind of an insane read from a "How is Capcom still in business if this is how they treat one of their foundation IPs?".  Hell, Capcom has fucked things up with USFIV that prove that they don't even have the most basic form of version control and documentation with regards to their updates/patches.  So when a game that's as popular as USFIV is is apparently being managed by a bunch of donkey headed retards I fully support the bitching and moaning.  TLDR:  Capcom has brought this on themselves by being dishonest and/or incompetent.

Wait, so you guys are saying that information and knowledge to the inner workings of a game kills it earlier? This doesnt sound quite right, most older games can remain interesting even if played by long periods of time while having all that access to the game's information. I think popularity is still a bigger factor in determining a game's longevity.

Ok, then give me access to the new version. Oh, wait I live in America...

And it's Arc system's fault that you live in America ?

The change list was in Japanese.

It wasn't made for you from the beginning anyway.

Lol holy shit.

No, it's their decisions that mean that I'm not going to see the new version of the game for a few months though.  I actually find your last sentence very telling because that's basically the impression I get from ASW about their games in general; i.e. that they are, at best, completely indifferent to their non-Japanese audience.  Which is why I imagine that both they and I are confused  of late.  They're probably a bit confused about why BB isn't back at Evo this year despite a really hype grand finals and them throwing a ton of money at the prize pot.  While I'm confused why they think that just throwing money around will improve their games staying power when there are better ways at doing so like making decisions that actually grow and sustain communities.  This is one of the reasons that the appeal of sports is so universal.  No matter where I go in the world if it's being played at a professional level baseball is baseball, soccer is soccer, etc.  They're not playing wildly different games nor are they having wildly different games forced on them.  

Wait, so you guys are saying that information and knowledge to the inner workings of a game kills it earlier? This doesnt sound quite right, most older games can remain interesting even if played by long periods of time while having all that access to the game's information. I think popularity is still a bigger factor in determining a game's longevity.

No, what 4r5 is saying is that being able to really take a game apart helps figure out more quickly whether the game is any good or not.  In the case of BB:CT being able to really check under the hood revealed the game to be a lemon.

Developers don't run translations of content, it's a publisher thing; they have to deal with language transfer and localization. It costs money to hire a translator to translate things, even if it is patch notes. It's easier and cheaper to just let the community translate it on their own time.

They're probably a bit confused about why BB isn't back at Evo this year despite a really hype grand finals and them throwing a ton of money at the prize pot.

It's not confusing, it's common sense. BlazBlue: ChronoPhantasma was already there last year and we got newer games like Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- and Persona 4 Ultimax to hype things up. Not mention there are other newer games going into the line-up.

According to Mr.Wizard the criteria to decide which games are going into the line-ups are: 1- Community Activity, 2- How new/old the game is, 3- Popularity.

MrWizard: "BlazBlue having a big year last year certainly opened the door for this decision. Guilty Gear has always been an Evo favorite and it was back this year, and everyone seemed to be playing it [...] BlazBlue had a version update that not to many players were fond of, and we rarely put a title in Evo based on the previous year’s top eight."

Moral of the story, the community can have a much more bigger effect on the game than the developers/publishers themselves.

It seems that almost every Ramlathal player dropped her.

I am not sad about this at all lol.

The amount of Axl players were unusual today!

Is it because she's bad or just because she's not top tier?

I would pick the second answer.

I don't think anyone of them liked her as a character.

Gonzabru returned to Axl from Faust.

Another Faust player switched to Axl but I don't know his name.

His/Her logic around the argument was that you can't tell him to "discover the changes yourself" when he/she can't even do that himself, hence why he's/she's wanting the change list translated like a lot of other folks in America as well as other places of the world. We don't have the luxury of playing Xrd 1.1, nor do we even have the luxury of playing high-level players in arcades. Hell, some of us don't even have a scene to begin with so be thankful. 

On to the topic of Xrd 1.1 though, did anyone see Chipp's change on his 214K? I saw a Chipp player but he never used it so im a bit worried about it..

I saw maybe one long use of Find Me. Chipp was half invisible, half visible, like one arm and opposite leg was visible and other two were invisible

And it's Arc system's fault that you live in America?

I don't really like this Sega logic.

I saw maybe one long use of Find Me. Chipp was half invisible, half visible, like one arm and opposite leg was visible and other two were invisible

That doesn't sound good  :sweatdrop:

Is there a lapse in logic lol? Main reason why BB wasn't considered for Evo is there is no North America release date. But I deff wish there was patch notes for the arcade GG released yesterday.

I remembered Find Me wrong, here's the link:

http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan/b/638680412?t=5h30m45s

It kinda looks like the PS3 Find Me with cycles of partial invisibility. You can also see how short they made CH j.D tumble

Ok thanks! So they made it similar to +R's Find Me.. but better. Ok.. i can live with that. 

I would pick the second answer.

I don't think anyone of them liked her as a character.

Gonzabru returned to Axl from Faust.

Another Faust player switched to Axl but I don't know his name.

Now when you say every player dropped Ramlethal you don't mean Daiji and Karinchu did too right? I wouldn't be surprised if Dei dropped her. He was already playing Elphet too *shudders*