Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I directly checked in training mode with Leo and I-no (in 1.0 obviously) and it seems that no matter how fast I try to do VCL YRC, she still gets caught before the YRC even kicks in. Currently using Leo and having I-no as the training dummy. Tried with jump forward VCL YRC and hover dash VCL YRC. Also made I-no do a third pattern where she does jump forward VCL YRC but VCL whiffs.

In those three situations, I-no was hit by the followup attack everytime.

Am I doing something wrong here or maybe they either nerfed Leo's counter or changed how YRC invul works ?

Edit: Guess he meant he did it in 1.0 and not 1.1. Must have been me then.

you need to perfectly time VCL YRC as opposed to doing it asap... on frame 7 if my previous conjecture is correct, so YRC flash occurs exactly one frame after VCL goes active. forget about fast fall VCL and all that, just do ground VCL. also do leo counter earlier than later since leo's counter is briefly invul before the counter actually goes active.

I make a combofiend joke and then arcsys actually decides to make dandy step overhead +3 on block. holy shit lmao. if non meaty 2P-2D links afterwards with the 2D range buff it is going to be seriously sad times for everyone else. 1.1 is shaping up to be year of the gorilla

So yea Ogawa beat team millia alone (7-8 players) and finals was team zato vs team faust, both with only 2 players i think. First zato (not ogawa) player beat both fausts (other being nage) and won the tourny.

The fact that Acroma who reached 9th Dan at maximum managed to beat Nage and Gonzabru proves that Zato is still good in this version.

What did they take away from him again?  No more Break the Law YRC stalling, an extra second of recovery on Eddie gauge when Eddie gets hit, and I think Drill Special is now prorated 80% or something?  Most of the stuff I remember reading about seemed like fair nerfs.  Why would people think he's bad?

Im glad team red didnt take the "Oh, its strong? Lets take EVERYTHING away from the character" approach. Granted, some top tiers still seem too strong, but it seems like they actually ha e bad MU's. Was Elph's sniper stance buffed, cuz it seems a lot faster all around.

What did they take away from him again?  No more Break the Law YRC stalling, an extra second of recovery on Eddie gauge when Eddie gets hit, and I think Drill Special is now prorated 80% or something?  Most of the stuff I remember reading about seemed like fair nerfs.  Why would people think he's bad?

Welcome to the Internet. I believe they gave back the stalling but I'm not sure.

If I'm remembering the changes right, assuming they stuck to what was advertised in the notes:

- 85% proration on Drill Special

- +1 second of Eddie recovery after Drill Special

- summoning Eddie from a puddle consumes around a -P- worth of meter

- opponents can hit puddles to remove them

- 90% proration on j.K

- retreating in Break the Law counts toward negative penalty

+ improved j.K hitbox

+ Dead Man's Hand (Eddie throw) does more damage when you have more Eddie meter, easier to follow up

+ something about the shark super that nobody really cared much about

Break the Law YRC stall was kept in, the extra recovery on Eddie being killed was reverted.  Lost some damage and the ability to loop unblockables, which nobody really did in actual matches anyway.  He just got a slap on the hand as far as nerfs go.

Yo here's a question.  Does new BS repel on air projectiles at all in an air-to-ground situation?  Maybe this has something to do with the opponent being in a throwable state since it uses the throw hitbox?  If I-NO is not on the ground and uses a projectile but the opponent is, she's not throwable by them, and possibly not BS-able either.  If this test is applied only on projectile-BS and not on melee-BS, it would explain the discrepancy between invul melees being BS-able and this I-NO case not being BS-able.  The ultimate test would be to use DP invulnerability to try to derp up a BS activated by a projectile.  Something like Ky SE YRC dash up then try to DP through a BS activated by the SE.

The test is to see if you can get projectile-BSed by a grounded opponent, while in the air, while invincible.  So unless it was during your DP invul frames it doesn't count.

Somebody shared this screenshot from the Japanese Arcades on the French Guilty Gear Facebook group :

1427111146056546700.jpg

So the early first days 1.10 character ranking would be

Leo Elphelt >

Venom Slayer Faust >

Sin Potemkin Bedman >

Axl Zato May >

Chipp I-no Ramlethal >

Ky Millia >

Sol

My Leo now god tier ? RIP Millia/Sol ? ;_;
I hope it's just the arcade players still discovering the console characters.

The test is to see if you can get projectile-BSed by a grounded opponent, while in the air, while invincible.  So unless it was during your DP invul frames it doesn't count.

I would assume that if you can reject a DP by rejecting the hit of the DP itself during frames of invuln, you should be able to do so with the projectile too.

Achoral I don't wanna bring you down, but just a glimpse at mikado matches shows that Leo is nowhere near top tier. It's just that nobody among the arcade players has answers for even most basic online tactics. Give them a week and Leo will drop significantly.

That's what I meant when I say "they're still discovering the console characters". It kind of cheers me up because Leo is pretty easy to use, if he becomes broken at the same time I might not enjoy using him as much as I do now.

So yeah, let's just hope they're still in the "zomg they're new" discovery. I don't recall any Sin change but I can't see him that high either, especially when I read that the BS was buffed (or was it?).

Leo will go down after the first few weeks, you see in videos of people eating overhead bt.H after blocking bt.S because they don't know that he can only gatling into H from that.

Its just that right now some character changes have made people have to adjust some combos while Leo for the most part is still the same combo concept with is bt stance combos.

We'll probably see an exceptional Leo show up in videos eventually that will define the strengths of the character, but for now probably more than a couple Leo's are scraping wins from console exclusive inexperience to what he does.

Leo is one of those chars who chew you up if you don't know what he can do since he has unblockables and safe overheads that lead into combos and stuff. Once you realize though it becomes much simpler to deal with.

Arcade rankings doesn't mean very much. Not long ago Venom was at the top in japanese arcade rankings, yet recognized by most top players as not a very strong character. Even Pot ranked really high.

So how about that Bedman...

He looks great! Emill uploaded some matches of Shu's Bedman and I gotta say I like what I'm seeing.

Aside from stating that people are ignoring the previous 7 versions of GG and comparing Xrd to BB (probably due the lack of knowledge)

The fact that people are now bringing UNIEL into the comparison table is just hilarious!

The game wasn't even developed by Arc system they just published the console port!

So what is next ? Marvel?

Don't even joke like that.  My heart can't take it.