Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

You mean I'm not supposed to flowchart Greed Saver on wake up/oki/match start/punish/pressure/neutral/post burst?

Maybe for 6hs sake, but he's got plenty of oki beyond that. He's almost never close enough for any of his projectiles to get hit with the new effect. And of course, just keep an eye on your opponents meter. I think Ky will be just fine. :)

Yeah the buff to reversal blitz is actually a huge deal for ky. Maybe more than any other char.

Ky's projectile oki is blitzproof. The grinder hs stun edge makes contact long before ky is in their face.

Unlike, say, venom, who needs to make contact at the same time as the ball or be flying over them as the ball hits.

Saw a glitch involving Blitz-shielding Potemkin's ICPM on tumblr, not sure how it works, but if someone can explain it to me, much obliged.

Also, to anyone going to AX this year for Daisuke, please do me a favor...

Ky's projectile oki is blitzproof. The grinder hs stun edge makes contact long before ky is in their face.

Unlike, say, venom, who needs to make contact at the same time as the ball or be flying over them as the ball hits.

His 6h however, is not.

If you think just being able to mash out blitz is going to effect Ky the most, a character with really strong blitzproof set ups even in 1.1, I'm not really sure you understand that most of the cast don't have reversal or blitzproof oki in 1.0. Even Millia has to watch out for it. 

Like, yeah sure, you'll have to worry about it mid-screen but most characters can't ever escape having to worry about it.

Ky has by far the most telegraphed to reversal blitz pressure that I can think of.  Watching 1.1 I see more of his 6h blitzed on wakeup than anything else.   It's not the end of the world for ky, ky players are already switching around their wakeup.  I don't know if I like 3f reversal window for 6h though anyways.

Doesnt that make 6H wiff mindgames indirectly better? Build up all that disrespect when they see 6H then watch them stand there like an idiot after they blitz

Does ky have counter hit combos? 8Py5Oxb.gif

Doesnt that make 6H wiff mindgames indirectly better? Build up all that disrespect when they see 6H then watch them stand there like an idiot after they blitz

That's actually not exactly how it works. See, they could still BS the same as in 1.0 and nothing got better. The fact that they can now BS super easy moves the Nash equilibrium towards ky having to bait more often, which is bad for him.

It's like saying sol having a great do makes baiting him stronger. Yes it does! But overall it's still better to have the dp.

So, does ramlethal suck now? I see she's like the only character not played in 1.1.

For the most part, people who were playing her were new players to Guilty Gear and were just being metaslaves. This isn't a slight to the people who are legitimately good, it's just a phase that new players to a series go through. The second loketest put her in a good spot but not ridiculous to deal with once you're trapped in the corner. Character loyalty is hard when your main isn't in Xrd.

kuni and daiji still play and shes still pretty good, just not ridiculous there's some videos on the ramlethal video thread in her subforum if you want to see it yourself