Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I actually wonder if console 1.1 is going to be completely identical to arcade 1.1 when it drops. Like, will there be sneaky changes?

There's never any changes that happen only for the console. If there's changes, they'll first hit the arcade.

There's never any changes that happen only for the console. If there's changes, they'll first hit the arcade.

There are, they're just technical/bug fixes.

I actually wonder if console 1.1 is going to be completely identical to arcade 1.1 when it drops. Like, will there be sneaky changes?

Bug fixes and stuff yeah, but no character changes or anything like that would ever happen, the Japanese play at arcades and home and the game has to be identical game play and character balance-wise.

There are, they're just technical/bug fixes.

I mean with regards to balance, not just minor problem fixes.

Dunno how I would feel if they went with the Melty Blood update route.

Yeah I mean we have zero reason to suspect they might do that, but I don't think it's a matter of having the arcade and console versions be the same. Street fighter did this multiple times (though that's a different beast altogether), and we've had two different versions of GG for the first 4 months of console release.

Again, I doubt they will, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

Dunno how I would feel if they went with the Melty Blood update route.

Battle Fantasia did.

Another FG for ASW incoming!

My money's on it being plagiarized, because Compile Heart is shitty and lazy like that, but ASW will probably do nothing about it to avoid ruffling too many feathers in the industry and incurring legal fees. ASW isn't strapped for cash, so they're not so recklessly litigious as SNK Playmore.

Is the one frame jump still in XRD?

I mean how inputting FD as soon as you jump, the jump start up frames become less by 1 frame. 

Not sure. Although it doesn't actually decrease the jump start up by 1 frame, it changes your animation hitbox so you can get out safer.

Someone in Mikado told me that it will come out in May.

I don't think Arc Revo will be on 1.0.

While I doubt as well it will be on 1.0...errr can you say more than someone in Mikado (like who, or if not who, why this person might know...)

While I doubt as well it will be on 1.0...errr can you say more than someone in Mikado (like who, or if not who, why this person might know...)

Guess gotta protect his sources lol

Yh let's count it as a rumor for now.

Fair enough.

Have overall 1.1 impressions been good so far? Or more of the same? I doubt overall worse (unless someone really loves Ramlethal)

People are complaining about Slayer and Axl

They seem dominant, looking at matches from Mikado and similar high-level, but are they really that bad? Don't get me wrong, when I look at how some amazing players get their asses handed by Hase or Yosuke I'm pretty terrified of facing these characters in 1.1 myself, but could it just be that they are just this good because no one is quite sure how to handle them yet?