Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

People are complaining about Slayer and Axl

This thread is for news, slowpoke =P

1.1 Slayer and Axl got a lot of buffs I think people are still trying to just get a feel for. 

Slayer is so good to the point that he made Hase reach the top of the players guild!

And i was about to beat him in this week's tournament!

They seem dominant, looking at matches from Mikado and similar high-level, but are they really that bad? Don't get me wrong, when I look at how some amazing players get their asses handed by Hase or Yosuke I'm pretty terrified of facing these characters in 1.1 myself, but could it just be that they are just this good because no one is quite sure how to handle them yet? 

While I can understand the concerns of Slayer's strength, in regards to both characters: in the hands of an initiated player these characters both do very well -early- in a release cycle and generally thin out a little once everyone settles. While I don't doubt they're stronger then they were, I feel it's a bit early to conclude that they'll be a long term problem (not saying that you, Locked, are saying that, I mean in general).

Personally, I'm much more interested if any characters seem to be "hurting" post patch. Been watching the stream and matches don't seem so lopsided anymore. Then again, it's the Japanese and their GG play seems generally more solid than other regions.

Someone in Mikado told me that it will come out in May.

I don't think Arc Revo will be on 1.0.

Cool, if this rumor turns out to be true, it would be in line with what happened with BBCP 1.1 last year. Seems plausible, but who knows.

arc revo is always based on newest version....so of course it won't be on 1.0

i'm assuming after consoles get ver 1.1, 4gamer will do a comprehensive change list afterward 

I just heard that there were some leaked information during the a-cho tournament today that both Jam and Johnny are in process.

That's odd because when Pachi came up on stage at KSB he mentioned there was something he couldn't really announce yet but he didn't say anything about any specific characters being in development.

A may release for console 1.10 would be killer, these Bedman changes are waaaaaay too awesome to wait long on.

I just heard that there were some leaked information during the a-cho tournament today that both Jam and Johnny are in process.

Wow, that made my day

Are they going to cost 60$?

Maaan why so negative? It's obvious that they're gonna cost 40$.

Nah but in all seriousness if this turns out to be true I'll be really happy, especially since I never imagined them to start working on more characters so soon. 

Maaan why so negative? It's obvious that they're gonna cost 40$.

Nah but in all seriousness if this turns out to be true I'll be really happy, especially since I never imagined them to start working on more characters so soon. 

Release Xrd, make profit, pay your employees and keep funding the project. I think they've been working on them for awhile ahead of time.

Can I buy Reverse-DLC which deletes Elphelt from everyone's game?

Release Xrd, make profit, pay your employees and keep funding the project. I think they've been working on them for awhile ahead of time.

Yeah you're probably right,still kinda weird that they said they were working on Jam,it would make more since if it was Dizzy.

My brother would sell his soul for something like this.

Reminder not to get worked up over hearsay. More characters would be nice, but unless there's an announcement or something, you shouldn't get your hopes up too soon.

Someone pm me when Johnny comes around

You can buy reverse DLC which deletes Chipp and Leo from the game and locks Elph to 1.0 stats.

How about we just get an obligatory patch that removes Faust's scalpel? He'd still have insane range with just his hands.
Nah, no matter how much I hate Faust or think Elph is the most fraudulent character GG has ever seen (1.0 Elph at least, but 1.1 doesn't seem all that different), I prefer there being characters that are too strong than ones that are too weak.

And on the DLC rumors - I hope they let 1.1 on consoles sink in for at least half a year before even announcing anything new.

One of the best feelings when learning a game are exchanges like:
Player A: "That move has Stupid/Broken/Annoying Property X?"

Player B: "Yeah. Wait, your character has Tool Z too?"

Player A: "Yeah."

Then you realize one or both of the characters are low tier. When low tier does bs/scary things, you know it's time to check if the universal defenses are in order and if they are, to smile.