Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Anyone who was watching KSB this weekend and heard Jiyuna on the mic saying there was a ASW rep there who had a huge announcement, does anyone know what they said? I think I either missed it or it didnt get announced on stream yesterday.

I can't barely think of a pre-AC gg where a character was weak. Maybe like 3 or 4 total, I can think of way too many that were too strong.

I can't barely think of a pre-AC gg where a character was weak. Maybe like 3 or 4 total, I can think of way too many that were too strong.

X2 Zappa and Anji, #R Zappa and Anji, Slash Robo-Ky and Order Sol. There's always a dud or two in every game (although weak is over-simplifying it). AC+R was Zappa's time to shine though.

Anyone who was watching KSB this weekend and heard Jiyuna on the mic saying there was a ASW rep there who had a huge announcement, does anyone know what they said? I think I either missed it or it didnt get announced on stream yesterday.

Relevant post from Tokkan:

That's odd because when Pachi came up on stage at KSB he mentioned there was something he couldn't really announce yet but he didn't say anything about any specific characters being in development.

X2 Zappa and Anji, #R Zappa and Anji, Slash Robo-Ky and Order Sol. There's always a dud or two in every game (although weak is over-simplifying it). AC+R was Zappa's time to shine though.

Ghost Dog OP Man

Ghost Dog OP Man

#R Zappa was still pretty bad, even with how great dog was. Ghosts were only ok. That didn't stop Imo from beasting with him, though. I think both #R Chipp and #R Anji were worse than #R Zappa, though, with Chipp being the worst.

Xrd isn't too bad as far as weak characters are concerned, imho.

I mean, we are using weak a bit differently here I think. I played a ton against kbnova, anji and Zappa weren't "weak", they just like, had spots they had to work too hard. They were big threats.

When I think weak I don't just think low on a tier list (and even then, anji and Zappa being low tiers were like mid tiers of other games). The middle low tiers of ggxx through slash were fairly compressed. It was usually just the top 5 or so that rocketed away from everyone else, rather than a bottom 3 that was miles below.

I think most people are using "weak" to mean the relative tier gap between the best and worst characters. My comment for Xrd was that I don't think top and bottom tier are that far apart.

I don't disagree that Zappa is a threat in #R, especially with the dog summon, but without it he's more annoying than threatening. And I'm not sure I'd use the term "big threat" for #R Anji, but in the right hands he could certainly be dangerous. But this has been true of pretty much every character in the GGXX games, at least from #R onward (I didn't play enough of X2 to comment). Most GG games' balance issues have come from characters that are too strong, and less from characters that are too weak.

Yeah just focus on dat sweet 1.10 for now boys...unless you play Ram

I don't know man.  1.1 has me interested in playing more Ram.  Some of her P/Kchains have an actual use, and you can hit her swords to get rid of them so that'll make her neutral game more challenging and fun.

I don't know man.  1.1 has me interested in playing more Ram.  Some of her P/Kchains have an actual use, and you can hit her swords to get rid of them so that'll make her neutral game more challenging and fun.

The blender is how people lose their limbs and join the dark side :gonk:

Yeah I was mostly joking about that, I still think Ram seems solid but it seems no one wants to play her in Japan anymore. Can barely find any footage. I used to look to Karinchu for that fix but he seems full-time Sol now

Yeah I was mostly joking about that, I still think Ram seems solid but it seems no one wants to play her in Japan anymore. Can barely find any footage. I used to look to Karinchu for that fix but he seems full-time Sol now

Probably has more to do with people just sticking with older characters unless the newer character is top tier. Plus, were there even that many Rams in 1.0? I really only watched Daiji and Karinchu.

Batako was one of my favorites to watch since he was pretty aggro, actually used the command throw (I barely ever saw Karinchu use it), and would Blitz Shield bursts from time to time.  There was also Umecha, Hohiko, Negisuke, Kedako...

Daiji is still awesome, but he's not a mikado player so you might have missed him. Count me in the boat of 1.1 ram looks cooler too!

To me, rather than tier wise, weak means the character is legitimately unable to do much. In GG history, I think Slash Robo Ky is probably one of the only examples of such.

Same four buttons over and over again. Now that's a character I can get behind! Screw trying to properly utilize Millia's weird ass Oki disc set up.

U all suck..to post something like release of possible chars..and no other information...wait ta phuck w my emotions lol

Maybe I'm confusing this with other ASW fighters, but doesn't air blocking reset your air options? So air dash would be possible after double-jump > block. 

Pretty sure you are right Kikirin. And if you are, Mocchi reset his air options twice in that case due to blocking twice in the air and recovering in time to actually be able to use them before hitting the ground.

Only with air instant blocking do your air options get reset IIRC.

You get your air options back on all the blocks, but FD and normal block usually don't give you enough time to actually use them.