Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

So my NA Xrd patched to 1.04, I thought the newest one was to be 1.05? Can someone enlighten me this. It looked like it patched but is there supposed to be more?

Japan and US releases use different patch numbers.

I found another change in input leniency. 

Comboing from air hits to ground hits (like after a low air dash) is easier, there seems to be a small buffer added for the inputs. It's the most apparent when inputting ground special moves in air. I noticed it first trying out the BB > YRC > |WT setup with Sol. Before the patch, you had to be very, very precise about when you input the command for the throw to even get it to come out, not to mention making this setup as tight as possible by beginning the throw on the first frame of landing. Now it's pretty loose and can actually be inputted while still in the air. Neat, these kinds of hits seemed to give a lot of beginners great trouble. 

I dunno, having less input leniency on wakeup has given me way worse bad habits, such as using a meaty 2K as an anti-dp measure because they probably arent gonna get their input right. Dps are suppose to beat meaties, yet I'm incouraged to use them because of strict windows?

I found another change in input leniency.

Comboing from air hits to ground hits (like after a low air dash) is easier, there seems to be a small buffer added for the inputs. It's the most apparent when inputting ground special moves in air. I noticed it first trying out the BB > YRC > |WT setup with Sol. Before the patch, you had to be very, very precise about when you input the command for the throw to even get it to come out, not to mention making this setup as tight as possible by beginning the throw on the first frame of landing. Now it's pretty loose and can actually be inputted while still in the air. Neat, these kinds of hits seemed to give a lot of beginners great trouble.

BB (YRC)> WT wasn't that hard? Idk, I definitely felt it while practicing dustloops though. Feels easier:o

I'm not thrilled by the added input leniency. Breeds bad habits and execution that doesn't transfer as well between games.

I'm kind of on board with you here, playing SFIV after a few hundreds of hours of Xrd made me feel like an execution god (except 1-frame link bullshit of course). Things look a lot sloppier now, although far from SFIV levels. That's about as lenient as I think fighting games should be, maybe a little too much (supers are a breeze now). 

No comprehensive list of balance changes unfortunately, but ASW put up a post on their official site about some odds and ends that were tweaked in the 1.05/1.1 patch, like the handling of old Replay Data, the ability to use Random System Voices, as well as the Hosts of Lobbies now having the ability to disband the room and kick out everyone in one fell swoop, in addition to bug fixes for Zato, May, Pot, Milia and Elphelt.  https://www.arcsystemworks/guilty-gear-xrd-update-1.05-details/

I'm not thrilled by the added input leniency. Breeds bad habits and execution that doesn't transfer as well between games.

I think the golden mean is having it be tight enough to allow proper execution to shine (KOF) but wide enough that you can confidently do what you're trying to do under multiple situations (MvC2). I've felt that GG, as a series, has always had the middle ground but I do feel that Xrd has been more strict than the previous games. I also feel that execution barriers should only exist for damage, not for some arbitrary reason.

EDIT: I feel that SF4 goes about things wrong with strange (to me) input priorities, shortcuts, but also having strict links.

Farting around with supers, and half circles, it seems like you just have to hit the cardinal directions. and it doesn't care about diagonals anymore. quarter circles still need to be 236 or 214.

For half-circle moves, you can omit one diagonal (either of them), but not both. If the move is anything more than a half-circle, including non-supers like Potemkin Buster, you can apparently omit both/all diagonals. I think it's a well thought out change. The more complicated the motion, the less likely the player will get it by accident, so the more leniency there can be.

All I know is I couldn't do the May IAD corner combo at all and did it on my 3rd try post patch. I'm kinda cool with that. 

I dunno, having less input leniency on wakeup has given me way worse bad habits, such as using a meaty 2K as an anti-dp measure because they probably arent gonna get their input right. Dps are suppose to beat meaties, yet I'm incouraged to use them because of strict windows?

You're encouraged to think about your opponent's execution. When execution isn't free, how likely they are to hit the DP and how confident they are in doing DPs in certain game states (beginning of the game, nobody has any resources versus very low life on match point) should be factors in whether you bait the dp or not.

But the thing is that I use a meaty in a setup thats already dp safe UNLESS I use meaty. I do task C dv, an already safe setup, then do 2K just because hell, the game's got half its playerbase thinking reversal dps are impossible

6 months on, I still get mad when good sets with randoms get interrupted by some idiot with 2 or less bars sitting down at your table.

This lobby system needs to fucking die.

For clarification: I was mostly talking about input leniency, not the increased buffer. There's a point where buffers become too much and the game ceases to feel sharp, but the new buffer addition isn't there. I just want games to force clean input.

For half-circle moves, you can omit one diagonal (either of them), but not both. If the move is anything more than a half-circle, including non-supers like Potemkin Buster, you can apparently omit both/all diagonals. I think it's a well thought out change. The more complicated the motion, the less likely the player will get it by accident, so the more leniency there can be.

Is this a new thing? I never knew that :/