Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

You're encouraged to think about your opponent's execution. When execution isn't free, how likely they are to hit the DP and how confident they are in doing DPs in certain game states (beginning of the game, nobody has any resources versus very low life on match point) should be factors in whether you bait the dp or not.

I really don't care for "I hope he'll mess up the input" being a part of my game plan. I want to win or lose because I made the right/wrong read, not because I or he fucked up the input on that correct read.

I love that mindset, though, fucking hilarious. "This ain't DP safe but he can't DP!"

Come on, we're playing fighting games here, are you really going to NOT assume your opponents have every option at their disposal mastered and play around that? It should be totally opposite, just because you get away with dumb, unsafe crap doesn't mean it's a good way to play. Reversals should be demanding, and the way they are now is just fine, maybe a little too easy for offline, but great for online.

A question for you people who have played the arcade version, I guess this is gameplay-related?

I was wondering if arcades allow default button layout, but with P and K swapped? I think they have only a few uncustomizable layout presets, but I'm not sure.

I don't think they have an arcade layout with a rainbow layout like that. The closest I think you're getting is like the bb layout or persona

Slash was super execution heavy. I loved it. Oh u fucked up ur inputs...guess u don't get ur move then...do better lol

I'm loving how the inputs feel now. Closer to how ACR felt (not the same, though, but I can now play better using my Hayabusa).

I'm glad there's no Xrd cab around here. Roughly half my local scene would be screwed by the layouts lol. They all play K on bottom. 

Yeah, the default feels really weird if you come from Street Fighter... but looks like I have to bite the bullet and learn that one if I want to play in arcades during my Japan trip  :AB:

Anyone else get random micro hiccups while playing someone that's pretty high lag? Since 1.05 when I play someone with 5-6f sometimes it freezes or stalls for like .5 seconds(not playing on a laggy stage) not sure if it's normal

Can I just say, the ability to announce the room will be closing is the best thing ever? Every fighting game needs this. Usually I just turn on the mic and tell everyone "I'm closing the room soon, so don't be salty if I close it during the middle of your match."

Anyone else get random micro hiccups while playing someone that's pretty high lag? Since 1.05 when I play someone with 5-6f sometimes it freezes or stalls for like .5 seconds(not playing on a laggy stage) not sure if it's normal

You answered your question.

Is that playing on wired or wireless?  5-6f delay isn't the same as hitching.  I've had that happen, but I've also not had it happen in 8f delay.

Could be the game stopping itself from desynching.  Maybe there was packet loss.  Maybe there was a negative spike in bandwidth from either you or the other player (imagine starting up a torrent mid round or something).

Wired of course, ya it's different from just high input lag it's micro freezing/stuttering that I only noticed a few times.

I've played many smooth(but high input) matches with people and never got the micro freezing, and sometimes it happens out of nowhere with lower input lag matches.

Wired of course, ya it's different from just high input lag it's micro freezing/stuttering that I only noticed a few times.

I've played many smooth(but high input) matches with people and never got the micro freezing, and sometimes it happens out of nowhere with lower input lag matches.

I've had micro-freezing happen rarely in many online games. It's what happens when another device momentarily sucks all of my opponent's bandwidth such as when someone else in their household uses the internet or starts a torrent or something. When that happens you wanna confirm that your and your foe's bandwidth isn't being utilized by other things.

I really don't care for "I hope he'll mess up the input" being a part of my game plan. I want to win or lose because I made the right/wrong read, not because I or he fucked up the input on that correct read.

I'm just going to point out I won a UNiEL GF because I noticed my opponent dropped a DP input in a high pressure situation and it put him on tilt, so I did a pretty tight DP check and he dropped it again and I started running meatie (read: hard to DP) high reward pressure knowing he'd fold, and he did, and I won. Dude's been playing fighters since pre SF4 days and is strong and doesn't just drop shit, but people do fail execution checks sometimes and you gotta go off that. Hell, Justin vs Daigo in moment 37 was Justin just execution checking Daigo on something that would require huge precision in extreme pressure on a reaction. Daigo obviously passed and made a moment out of it, but it didn't make the decision exactly wrong on Justin's part based on the situation.

Just saying it's not black and white. Sometimes the read is "this guy is on tilt, I can check him or go for some shit" in situations where the risk isn't explosive. Sometimes this gets you a huge advantage and momentum swing, sometimes you get checked for it. Fighting Games are cool like that.

I will say at that point it's less "I hope he drops his input" and more "I'm pretty certain he won't execute on this". I just want to point out it's not unreasonable to have the type of read that's less concrete than "reversal/not reversal" and to make something out of it.

What you described is analysis and conditioning. It has nothing to do with how difficult reversals affect a game plan, by principal.

It does, because the tighter it is the more willing I am to check it. I'm not reversal checking somebody in fucking Persona. 214214 and B+D motions into instant death NOPE.

I will say at that point it's less "I hope he drops his input" and more "I'm pretty certain he won't execute on this". I just want to point out it's not unreasonable to have the type of read that's less concrete than "reversal/not reversal" and to make something out of it.

What you described is analysis and conditioning. It has nothing to do with how difficult reversals affect a game plan, by principal.

Am I the only one that sometimes gets a "delayed IAD" when trying to forward jump cancel a ground normal and then grab a Burst (ex. with Sol: Wild Throw (623K) > 2HS > jc forward (9) > throw (6+j.HS), but instead of throwing a Burst or doing a j.HS if they don't Burst I just get an air dash) since the update? It drives me nuts, because I lose a knockdown or get Bursted for it all the time. Before the patch, this was not a problem. I should delay pressing 6, I guess.

Am I the only one that sometimes gets a "delayed IAD" when trying to forward jump cancel a ground normal and then grab a Burst (ex. with Sol: Wild Throw (623K) > 2HS > jc forward (9) > throw (6+j.HS), but instead of throwing a Burst or doing a j.HS if they don't Burst I just get an air dash) since the update? It drives me nuts, because I lose a knockdown or get Bursted for it all the time. Before the patch, this was not a problem. I should delay pressing 6, I guess.

I would assume it's because of the changes in buffering. I've always done it like 9>6H however when doing that to people instead of 9>5>6H before the patch. I haven't tried after the patch, but I would still expect it to work - you should't get an airdash if you don't go to neutral.

I would assume it's because of the changes in buffering. I've always done it like 9>6H however when doing that to people instead of 9>5>6H before the patch. I haven't tried after the patch, but I would still expect it to work - you should't get an airdash if you don't go to neutral.

Good point, I might just be going back to neutral by accident. I'll have to be more careful with this.

I've had micro-freezing happen rarely in many online games. It's what happens when another device momentarily sucks all of my opponent's bandwidth such as when someone else in their household uses the internet or starts a torrent or something. When that happens you wanna confirm that your and your foe's bandwidth isn't being utilized by other things.

I would be happy if there was a symbol next to players names to see who's on wifi or not lol

You could just Back throw OS, which would avoid your issue entirely, and create BURST safe combos instead of a hard read.