Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I think he means just doing j.4H instead of trying to j.6S+H and accidentally getting 956 for an IAD. Less damage if they don't burst but less misinput prone I guess?

I meant more along the lines of how does this not give you FD? Every time I use to try it, I just blocked. Is it plinking or something?

Disregard, I was thinking of something else.

I think he means just doing j.4H instead of trying to j.6S+H and accidentally getting 956 for an IAD. Less damage if they don't burst but less misinput prone I guess?

I actually mis-wrote. Sorry guys :-P

OS throw is forward only, but throwing with 4 will solve your late IAD issue, and let you create Burst safe OS combos.

I personally do forward throw OS 4P+HS if I'm fishing for a hard read or if I'm facing the corner. I end up doing 4HS out of reaction and habit every other time.

I personally do forward throw OS 4P+HS if I'm fishing for a hard read or if I'm facing the corner. I end up doing 4HS out of reaction and habit every other time.

How do you get a forward throw out of 4P+HS? Wouldn't that be a back throw?

4P+Hs would be FD. Which means you wouldn't be throwing anyone.

You're right. I didn't even think of that. I don't use OSs, so that completely slipped my mind.

You're right. I didn't even think of that. I don't use OSs, so that completely slipped my mind.

On the ground 4P+Hs is nice against slayer and Leo. If they try to crossup dash then you throw them out of of it

So a back throw OS is only applicable in crossup scenarios?

I can't think of an another reason to use 4P+Hs that is isnt just FD... so nah probably not. Someone else could clarify this, though. Maybe Bedman, but with the change to 6Hs, that might be more dangerous than it's worth.

Back in the day, in certain scenarios where you thought you would get clash, you could enter in double dp.  Outside of execution not a huge reason not to, and it would blow through any post clash button they pressed.

Back in the day, in certain scenarios where you thought you would get clash, you could enter in double dp.  Outside of execution not a huge reason not to, and it would blow through any post clash button they pressed.

Ah yes... https://youtu.be/bL18qrMNIsY