Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Online at 45 fps, yeah.

You were blowing me up the other day. You've (your Sol) has a really weird rhythm, man. I suppose it doesn't help that I'm learning stick but GGs either way.

ArcSystemWorks @ArcSystemWorksU

It's a good week for international Arc System Works fans. Queuing up a handful of announcements throughout the week!

ArcSystemWorks @ArcSystemWorksU 5h5 hours ago

@LunethF *especially if you live in Europe

Finally this game in Europe?. Will be fantastic if they announce a partnership with Koei Tecmo Europe, we will see....

Finally this game in Europe?. Will be fantastic if they announce a partnership with Koei Tecmo Europe, we will see....

I'm woefully ignorant here, why would it matter if they team up with Koei Tecmo Europe?

I'm woefully ignorant here, why would it matter if they team up with Koei Tecmo Europe?

First of all because they need a strong publisher in Europe, what they have before was trash (Zen United or whatever). Second because Koei Tecmo Europe releases niche games like the Wariors games or GUST games, they know how to handle a small but loyal fan base, also they handle very well social media. Maybe other publishers could do a good job too, maybe Deep Silver....

Probably is just them releasing Xrd only on digital, anyway.

One of the announcements, BB related.

http://arcsystemworksu.com/blazblue-continuum-shift-extend-now-available-in-europe-on-steam/

K-T released a version of Atelier Shallie where you literally couldn't level up past 30 because the game crashed if you tried to open the Growth menu. Pretty sure it was a localization issue because it didn't happen on the JP version. In fact IIRC some guys on CFW actually fixed the bug by putting some JP files back into the US release. And Ar Nosurge managed to botch the localization so badly they actually gave NPC dialogue to the wrong NPCs like 95% of the time. You'd talk to some kid standing next to his mom and he'd start talking about his son, then you'd talk to the mom and she'd start talking like she was the guard on the other side of the zone.

Hopefully in K-T takes over Xrd for Europe they'll just be handling publishing and not localization.

The game is localized, so they have nothing to screw up, really. Not that it's impossible because of that...

If they release a cool collectors edition of Xrd in Europe, I might buy. Otherwise, I see no reason, and I think most people who already own the JP /US release will feel the same.

K-T released a version of Atelier Shallie where you literally couldn't level up past 30 because the game crashed if you tried to open the Growth menu. Pretty sure it was a localization issue because it didn't happen on the JP version. In fact IIRC some guys on CFW actually fixed the bug by putting some JP files back into the US release. And Ar Nosurge managed to botch the localization so badly they actually gave NPC dialogue to the wrong NPCs like 95% of the time. You'd talk to some kid standing next to his mom and he'd start talking about his son, then you'd talk to the mom and she'd start talking like she was the guard on the other side of the zone.

Hopefully in K-T takes over Xrd for Europe they'll just be handling publishing and not localization.

That looks like an issue with the programmers not the localization. Is probably GUST fault.

That looks like an issue with the programmers not the localization. Is probably GUST fault.

Not like I actually played the JP versions so I can't say for sure, but I heard those were issues unique to the localization.

Not like I actually played the JP versions so I can't say for sure, but I heard those were issues unique to the localization.

I mean the programming to insert the text is by GUST, KTE translate the text and then is handed over to GUST.

No announcement from arc on the eu version, but it looks like digital only with no dlc included. Arc are having a laugh and the game will probably bomb in the uk

Do any characters but Venom, May and Bedman(?) actually care about the blitz shield change?

Bedman doesn't really care imo. New BS still doesn't stop Task A Prime (which is fucking awesome)

I BS'd Sol's Gun Frame on wake up and I could've swore he was close enough to get a rejection. Nothing, instead he did a full combo on me.

Do any characters but Venom, May and Bedman(?) actually care about the blitz shield change?

There are quite a few characters who may not have been fundamentally changed by it, but it does reduce the utility of some of their options. Also, some characters had really solid ways of picking up a combo after a successful blitz shield by using a projectile to avoid getting blitzed back, but now that's (for the most part) not possible.

Some of the more important ones:

Helter Skelter used to not cause reject state on Slayer, now it does. 

Blitz will now reject Millia out of tandem top H into an airdash cross-up, which was previously a pretty good way to prevent people from just guessing with blitz shield.

If you blitz Eddie, you can reject Zato in certain situations.

Elphelt shotgun H can now cause reject, as can point blank grenade tosses.

Any character that utilizes projectiles (or projectile property moves like Eddie and things like that) for pressure and okizeme has to consider the rejection possibility now. I rarely see projectile rejections done on me, but I had some good times using them against opponents (even more so now that reversal BS is much easier). It certainly makes thinking about approaches by YRC'ing a slow projectile (Gunflame, CSE etc.) a little more important, I always get free rejections on people just running into me with this stuff on top of them.

I only thought about it yesterday, but I'm curious what happens when Faust's items are BS'ed. Would he get rejected for BSing a bomb or hammer if he's close enough? This could lead to some hilarious moments.