Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

What took them so long... Then they will complain about low sales in EU because they can't release their games in time.

You see all those pegi/usk/etc. logos at the beginning of the trailer?

Also german subtitles.. do they have this in game, too, as well as french etc?

I guess these are only some of the reasons, if they don't have an experienced publisher for EU. So many standards and different rules to follow over here :/

It's ridiculous how they used the single most outdated trailer there is (with visuals and even mechanics that are not in the game!) and didn't even bother to remove "in development" at the end... half-assed much? Also, this late and for this price, the release should at least include Elphelt and Leo for free (like, permanently, not a time limited deal), if not all DLC. I really wish all the best to Arc's EU release schedule and all, but I already bought Xrd and plenty of DLC when it first came out - an expensive digital-only release of a half-year old game is not the way to go.

It's ridiculous how they used the single most outdated trailer there is

*ahem* i actually found it hillarious how "The wait is over..." fits the current situation... again. ^^"

You see all those pegi/usk/etc. logos at the beginning of the trailer?

Also german subtitles.. do they have this in game, too, as well as french etc?

yup, people seem to act as if translations to all like 20+ EU languages would take just a week or so  :v:

Huh, I never knew that the first trailer got dubbed. The dialogue is as stupid as I remember however.

yup, people seem to act as if translations to all like 20+ EU languages would take just a week or so  :v:

Usually games get localized here for like 4-5 languages though, and unless they've been getting dubs for those languages, the delay in release is still terrible. Especially when they should be able to start work before release.

Also, a lot of european countries still don't get the game even after general EU release.

Usually games get localized here for like 4-5 languages though, and unless they've been getting dubs for those languages, the delay in release is still terrible. Especially when they should be able to start work before release.

Also, a lot of european countries still don't get the game even after general EU release.

w/ the amount of work that overall seems to be put on Xrd, not just the graphics, animations, etc... almost simultaneous japanese and english release,  the gameplay balance, w/ basically only one balance revision after arcade release...  doesn't seem like Team Red would be slackin' much.  

as to complain about not havin' a localized release for 6 months (which kinda involves quite an amount of different languages), when there's still access to the english version through US/JPN PSN w/out much of a hassle 

To be fair, nobody (ok, maybe a few) is asking them to release it in 93283902 languages. This is a game for fans, and fans will buy it in english. They even buy it in japanese ffs.

Or do they really expect to sell it to a larger audiance? Come on....

I'd buy it if it comes the same week as the japanese release, otherwise i'll always go for the asian/jp one.

To be fair, nobody (ok, maybe a few) is asking them to release it in 93283902 languages. This is a game for fans, and fans will buy it in english. They even buy it in japanese ffs.

I don't know how it is nowadays, but if i remember correctly some years ago you couldn't just release games in germany without an option for german language...  even though it sounds stupid, there are probably lots of regulations like these in so many different countries for 1 EU-version.

If they release it as early as possible only in japanese like you suggested, then ONLY fans like us will buy it. I know a lot of people in germany, that wouldn't even consider buying something that doesn't have german as an option.   --> (Almost) noone would buy it --> no more EU-version.

That's not what we want, right?

I like that they seem to make an effort now, after getting rid of Zen United for EU-Releases.

There are tons of games that only have english language available. Doubtful it's a sine qua non condition to release a game in EU.

Anyway, we're in 2015, why the fuck are we STILL getting games 6 months / years after their initial release? This is retarded.

When I asked Aksys about it at E3 last year they said that it's very difficult to release a game in Europe without a physical presence there.  That's probably the reason why it's digital only.

As for the delay... maybe they're not set up to build every SKU at once.  Technically each version of the game is different, and as they used to have significant delays in NA and only just got those reduced, they're probably not set up to simultaneously work on EU yet.  Also, if you fail submission and have to resubmit your code, you're paying for each SKU that fails.  The delay that's still there from JPN to NA is probably to make sure that JPN passes before they try with NA.  A bigger release can get away with it (I think I heard that Witcher 3 has some save breaking bug in the Xbone version?), but a niche game like this is going to get slammed and have to resubmit, and the irony is that these smaller devs can't afford it.  :vbang:

Does anyone know where I can find the full list of changes of the 1.01 update for Xrd?  The wiki is missing some the cast members.

so when you wake up after a wall slump, you get no throw invincibility :|

ram, slayer, and sin should benefit from this. I'm curious how ram can apply this... timing command grab and sword summon so grab > block / blitz / 2P and summon > jump startup / backdash. or maybe ram mains knew this property the entire time? v0v

so when you wake up after a wall slump, you get no throw invincibility :|

ram, slayer, and sin should benefit from this. I'm curious how ram can apply this... timing command grab and sword summon so grab > block / blitz / 2P and summon > jump startup / backdash. or maybe ram mains knew this property the entire time? v0v

As a Ram-player this is news to me. But I have doubts it will be effective though, Rams cmd throw have 1 active frame. If you're 1 frame too late you get thrown, if you're 1 frame too early you get thrown.

That doesn't surprise me.  You're not actually knocked down, so you wouldn't get the invul from that, and if you slide down the wall into slump the 8 or whatever throw-invul frames when leaving hitstun would be long gone.  With a 1-frame window it's pretty risky though, and you're still vulnerable to DPs and reversal supers even if you time it right.

You're throw invul during and for 5 frames after exiting block stun.  I think it's 6 on hit and 8 on wakeup?  Or it's 8 on hit and 6 on wakeup?  Or maybe it was 5-6-7...  The only one I'm sure of is 5 on block.

Maybe Chipp could take advantage of that with his command throw since it's active for 11 frames?  AFAIK he only wallsplats with his 5D, so he'd have to do a ground string and RC into it to set this up.  If it works.

According to the wiki he can cancel into wall cling into a combo if he does this in the corner, so it seems like it'd be worth it.  The throw itself hits pretty hard, and he'd get a combo afterword.

Right there it seems like Sol recovers before eating the pot buster. I think even a regular throw would've worked there.

He's also way out of Sols throw range, with pot buster having the longest range of any throw in the game so as long as sol didn't dp, jump or backdash right there that would've worked.