Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

If it's actually a Summer release for Consoles then that's waaaaay too soon.

No, for arcades. We don't even know a thing about this coming to consoles.

I have to wonder if they'll continue to use the current character select screen (which really only has room for about 4 more characters) or if they'll make an entirely new one.

Maybe ASW is being nice for once and it's a free update with 2 more characters... ha

The last time they did that was years ago. As of right now, all we know is that there are loke tests coming soon.

Zero percent chance of a discounted DLC update option instead of being forced to buy a new disc, I'm guessing?

considering the new title, I'm betting on a new story mode so...

No, for arcades. We don't even know a thing about this coming to consoles.

I have to wonder if they'll continue to use the current character select screen (which really only has room for about 4 more characters) or if they'll make an entirely new one.

That's not too bad then, probably will be a 2-5 month console release after the arcade release but knowing Japan they love to have their console versions the same as the arcade version.

As for the character select screen it's not that hard for them to edit to to fit more chars or change it altogether.

This is almost like the turnaround time between Slash and AC (although Xrd had some more arcade time before it's console release).  But yeah, game is out on console for six months and the next location tests are starting...  Looking back, I suppose then had some pretty similar turnaround times with XX and #R but those were different times for consoles/arcades.

(I'm not complaining, Xrd to me still feels likes it's missing too much)

Stages all appear to have been redone as well.  Typically this also suggests redoing the HUD (please god) but screenshots of debug mode unfortunately don't mean much for the final product.

I'm guessing the new character will be Delilah

On one of the screenshots you can see Johnny and Bedman on an entirely new stage with a painting of Delilah in the background

l_5564428358676.jpg

The halo on top of the head also looks like one of Bedmans wheels

In other news: Whens Gabriel?!

I'd also kill for a new female char from Zepp.

Did Johnny always have that number indicator showing what Level his Mist Finer was?

Not unless you're pulling the move off or holding the attack [right near on top of the OD gauge when its displayed], I know that's on the X2 series and onwards, dunno if its the same in GGX though. I doubt that indicator would work the same way in Xrd - Rev. if it comes to pass.

Autocombos sounds so bad :(

This is a non-issue. It's been fine in Persona and BB(and not particularly good might I add in the latter). I never understand this fiasco. Want optimized stuff, learn combos. Want your unskilled whomever to join in, they'll use stylish if they want.

On that note though psyched!

a.b.a or baiken pleaseplease

I'm guessing the new character will be Delilah

On one of the screenshots you can see Johnny and Bedman on an entirely new stage with a painting of Delilah in the background

l_5564428358676.jpg

The halo on top of the head also looks like one of Bedmans wheels

In other news: Whens Gabriel?!

I'd also kill for a new female char from Zepp.

Just looks like a modified Nightmare Theatre to me. Could be a different nightmare setting. Looks more like a desert this time, like that red tide is out.

Everyone in those shots with the exception of Sin/Sol at Babylon have someone in their stage, so seems likely the same with Bedman. (And maybe Sin moved)

I kinda feel it's a little too soon for that, but whatever, it's their game. That's the life of an ASW fan and we all knew what we SIGNed up for (get it... get it... yeah, bad puns).

It's pretty much a guaranteed full release at this point. If so, I hope they add at least four characters (ha... looking at CPEX these two might be all we get). In the end, the only thing I'm really worried about is that this one might not end up on PS3 like SIGN did.

Autocombos sounds so bad :(

Also here was the translated version of famitsu article http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/26/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-announced-adds-johnny-and-another-new-character

Autocombos are always the damage equivalent of just running your fingers down the gatling chain and tagging on a special. They don't matter for shit.

If this is a new title I'm not sure I'm going to buy it. This is my first Guilty Gear game and I love it but matches aren't easily found. I don't like their business model of adding 2 characters and lazy animated story and charge you full game price. Don't even offer a discount price for owning previous titles. I think I'll just wait for SF5, sadly. I'll keep playing until Xrd dies out.

I was even waiting for Johnny because he looked cool but I'm afraid this will make the playerbase even smaller.

That mystery character definitely reminds me of Bridget, maybe he wasn't in Xrd 'cause he was in jail.

It's pretty much a guaranteed full release at this point. If so, I hope they add at least four characters (ha... looking at CPEX these two might be all we get). In the end, the only thing I'm really worried about is that this one might not end up on PS3 like SIGN did.

Eh, I'm not too worried about not making it on PS3.  The only reason it was kinda hard to get it on PS3 was because it could hardly handle the graphics output.  So just adding new characters and making the filesize bigger, generally, shouldn't add much more difficulty to the port.

Also Team Red could be better about characters per update, also this update could just generally be "add more characters" since Daisuke said he only pushed out Xrd with fewer characters to get it out sooner, so he may be trying to get as many characters as they can out.

Were they going to rebalance the entire cast again, or are they just going to add the new playable characters without touching the current balance? Like they did on ver 1.04 with the dlc characters.

Were they going to rebalance the entire cast again, or are they just going to add the new playable characters without touching the current balance? Like they did on ver 1.04 with the dlc characters.

That's probably going to be a whole new version. Balance changes, new mechanics (potentially?) and all that included. I'm really hoping the go the Continuum Shift II route with this, but that was many years ago and they haven't done anything like that since...

Mmm, pretty sure Revelator is an entirely new game. I mean they got new versions of the stages and they've promised more new systems besides Stylish Mode.

So is stylish mode going to automatically FD for you like how in BB it auto barriered?  Because that's going to make it damn near unviable with how much meter you'll lose just by blocking lol.

Mmm, pretty sure Revelator is an entirely new game. I mean they got new versions of the stages and they've promised more new systems besides Stylish Mode.

yay guilty gear extend