Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

So is stylish mode going to automatically FD for you like how in BB it auto barriered?  Because that's going to make it damn near unviable with how much meter you'll lose just by blocking lol.

Because stylish mode in BB was viable.

I kinda feel it's a little too soon for that, but whatever, it's their game. That's the life of an ASW fan and we all knew what we SIGNed up for (get it... get it... yeah, bad puns).

Well, Xrd is out for like 2 years in arcade? This new version won't hit arcade booths before months anyway, so it's ok I guess.

The console version took really a long time before coming out, so that's probably why we feel like "already?"

Looks like we're gonna need a Johnny forum. :JO:

Well, Xrd is out for like 2 years in arcade? This new version won't hit arcade booths before months anyway, so it's ok I guess.

The console version took really a long time before coming out, so that's probably why we feel like "already?"

I'm speaking more relative to the 1.1 arcade and 1.05 console release. I like when games have time to mature their meta before they get balanced. At this point I feel like 2-4 more months (before even loktesting something new) for 1.1 would make the follow-up feel more justified and, perhaps more importantly, would allow ASW to balance it better.

yay guilty gear extend

I was thinking more guilty gear ultimax. Neither BB Extend actually changed the existing stages.

That or they don't want to lose business in the arcades now that all of the players can play the current game for free at home. The game has been out in arcades for well over a year and they need something to get people back into them to play it. It's an acceptable business model in my opinion. It's frustrating for some of us that are restricted to console play, but it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Arcade play is a very lucrative business and they want to stay in it. I hope it works out for them because that means more money to make more games. Even 60 dollars a year on our part is an insane deal for the time we get out of their products. I guess it's just up to your priorities.

I'm speaking more relative to the 1.1 arcade and 1.05 console release. I like when games have time to mature their meta before they get balanced. At this point I feel like 2-4 more months (before even loktesting something new) for 1.1 would make the follow-up feel more justified and, perhaps more importantly, would allow ASW to balance it better.

Many of us knew it was coming with the patch being a stop gap to keep the game interest8ng for a few more months.... bbcp update and extend had a similar timeline and of course console are not a priority but players just always want the shinny version. Or we could just ignore the arcades version and just focus on whats avalible.

Even with gg console release it was very much outdated and short lived by a few months until gg went on a 6 year hiatus or was it 10 years lol.

Though for most people outside of Japan, console is the only version any of us could play.  Honestly I wish this could've just been a $15-20 update dlc instead of another $60 disc.  If I enjoy the series sure I'm willing to invest in later editions but this feels too much like CoD was with releasing games seemingly 6-8 months between each other with minor updates.

Meanwhile most people who only about a month or so ago got the Xrd update and  see this and can only go, "Son of a Bi-"

Though for most people outside of Japan, console is the only version any of us could play.  Honestly I wish this could've just been a $15-20 update dlc instead of another $60 disc.  If I enjoy the series sure I'm willing to invest in later editions but this feels too much like CoD was with releasing games seemingly 6-8 months between each other with minor updates.

Meanwhile most people who only about a month or so ago got the Xrd update and  see this and can only go, "Son of a Bi-"

It's frustrating, yes. However, they've only talked about a loketest for an arcade update. I think we're jumping the gun on pricing/release of a console version. We all know it'll have a decent run in arcades before then and we're not even to that point yet.

GGXrd-R just one year after Sign . . . damn it, ASW is gonna become the next Crapcom?

Ummmmmm where have you been for like...fighting games as a whole?

PS: Look at XX release dates.

Good to see you Johnny, my old friend.

This is pretty much par for the course. It does kind of suck because we know we'll have to wait a while to get our hands on this new version, but realistically it's not that big of a deal.

The new character appears to be holding the neck of a guitar (though the angle is kind off off... I can't imagine a guitar could be hidden in that silhouette, but that certainly looks like a thumb),

Oh, just noticed what ASW retweeted here:

https://twitter.com/arcsystemworksu

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CF_cNIkUMAEQ_1L.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CF_cNH_UEAAUqeN.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CF_cNHZUIAAqg2W.jpg

guess that confirms.. something :D

The new character could be Elphelt (a new form of her)

-Notice the ahoge at the right length and side

-The halo is like the one she had in story mode after her possession/awakening

-The long hair could simply be hidden/tucked under her hat that is now gone

-The prison ball is there to keep her in check (because she displayed the capacity to come back to her usual nature in the last chapter)

Well, can't say no one saw this update or that character reveal coming. Hope the second person is someone surprising and unexpected. Bridget will be too easy.

And I guess this topic is gonna be active out the wazoo again. Welcome back everybody to the speculating table.

Well, can't say no one saw this update or that character reveal coming. Hope the second person is someone surprising and unexpected. Bridget will be too easy.

And I guess this topic is gonna be active out the wazoo again. Welcome back everybody to the speculating table.

Lolol

Dustloop gettin' active when it's time to speculate cuz they can't get good when the game is out.

*obligatory internet irony indicator*

The new character could be Elphelt (a new form of her)

-Notice the ahoge at the right length and side

-The halo is like the one she had in story mode after her possession/awakening

-The long hair could simply be hidden/tucked under her hat that is now gone

-The prison ball is there to keep her in check (because she displayed the capacity to come back to her usual nature in the last chapter)

What would you call that exactly? Awakened Elphelt?