Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Yes! I have been waiting for Johnny to return to GGXRD (though I did see this coming.. we all did) but I am still happy since he was my Main in AC.

Hmm.. At first I thought the silhouette was Bridget but that chain throws me off I am leaning toward this being a new character. I hope they will be more besides these two because the new stages makes me think this will be the next GG instead of just a patch. Just a thought. You know what? looking at those screens again I see Bedman's stage inside of a desert with the giant dog covered in sand, maybe it could be his sister?

I'll love him (or her) to be Bridget but I doubt that's going to be the case, all the old characters when they were confirmed to come back in Xrd they didn't give you any silhouette, in fact Bedman was the only one that had one and me thinking it was finally a new Robo-Valentine confirmed because back then they still didn't confirm any Valentine to be playable :v:

But I suppose we could add "what if" is Bridget's brother to the whole speculation.

Wow, Elphelt 2 already would be lame o_o

Did none of you check out Arcsys-twitter? I think it's pretty obvious....

Don't know why some people think it's Elphelt's evil version,it looks nothing like her. But I do hope that evil Elphelt doesn't become an actual thing,I've never been a big fan of making the evil version of a character playable.

Wow, Elphelt 2 already would be lame o_o

Did none of you check out Arcsys-twitter? I think it's pretty obvious....

I feel dense lol what are your thoughts? 

Well, Xrd is out for like 2 years in arcade? This new version won't hit arcade booths before months anyway, so it's ok I guess.

The console version took really a long time before coming out, so that's probably why we feel like "already?"

It's been out in arcades a little over a year.

Also, no more Valentines if its going to be a new character, please.

So far I've seen:

- Jackhound

- Killer Joker or a move that looks a lot like it

- j.H

- High Mist Finer

- Possibly a new move? The KO shot against Sol has him doing a crouching joust like Mitsurugi or something, though it could just be Jackhound.

What we need to know before we actually get excited:

- Does he still have Bacchus Sigh setups? If so, are Mist Finers considered projectiles so they can't be reversal blitzed unless he's within range for it?

- What's the projectile blitz distance for coins? Pretty crucial to make coins usable.

- If he has Ensenga or Divine Blade, and how those moves work if so.

- How many of his old normals carried over (I expect 6P to be a shell of its former self)

- Does he have Mist Cancel? This is the most important honestly.

I won't be in Japan for the location test, regrettably, so I won't be able to get my hands on him for awhile.

Looks like we're gonna need a Johnny forum. :JO:

Looking forward seeing you next weekend!

edit:

Just saw your post.

The only Johnny player that i know is Jonio and i think he will be busy with Mikado.

i will try to figure things out by my self.

I'm 99% sure they won't take away the Mist Cancels, it's a pretty big part of Johnny gameplay after all - and Pot kept Hammerfall breaking which can be used kinda similarly.

Looking forward seeing you next weekend!

edit:

Just saw your post.

The only Johnny player that i know is Jonio and i think he will be busy with Mikado.

i will try to figure things out by my self.

Satou would like to have a word with you i bet :D

Here's hoping that they get this into arcades right after Arc Revo, then leave it there while they work on 3-4 more characters (plus these 2) that'll be included in the physical release which will come out early 2016 only 2 weeks apart in both JPN and NA territories (and 2 months later digital only in EU - let's be realistic as much as that sucks).

Really, this could just be these two characters + stylish mode + arcade mode story updates for the arcade version.

I guess there are a few of us that actually thinks the silhouette is a new character for the purpose of creating a new boss for the next version of the game.

I don't think it's Johnny's jH. Look closely: You can notice an alcohol bottle breaking. Might be the new Ensenga ?
Unless it's indeed jH and he got a special allowing to throw bottles and break them or something like that.
[collapse]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CF_S7_2WEAA9cvi.jpg:large
[/collapse]

Also, for people who were curious, here are the other moves qwerty talked about:

Jackhound:
[collapse]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CF_RJLJXIAAxu4H.jpg:large
[/collapse]

Killer Joker:
[collapse]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CF_TQplXIAAp614.jpg:large
[/collapse]

The new move/normal:
[collapse]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CF_SR6WWIAAnJuF.jpg:large
[/collapse]

I just hope Arcsys finally adds an "A" to HERE COMES DAREDEVIL! It's a little thing, but it bugs me every time. The Marvel character is not going to show up, now matter how much you call for him.

As far as these announcements go (since I just got into GG) will this release be just two characters or are we opening with 2 for the announcement and as we go further towards release more will be announced (since if I am gonna rebuy the game I'd want 4-6 fighters).

I just hope Arcsys finally adds an "A" to HERE COMES DAREDEVIL! It's a little thing, but it bugs me every time. The Marvel character is not going to show up, now matter how much you call for him.

Here-a comes Daredevil?