Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Anyone who thinks the new mystery character is Bridget doesn't deserve to main Bedman. :BED:

If you've played Bedman mirrors, you'd know why that is.

"Jackhound" has that darkened effect that RCs and Supers have, but Johnny's is in the middle of an animation in the picture, so I assume it's a super and not an RC. The fact that he takes off the hat also makes me think it's more than just an special move, since supers tend to have more flair to them.

I don't think it's Johnny's jH. Look closely: You can notice an alcohol bottle breaking. Might be the new Ensenga ?

Unless it's indeed jH and he got a special allowing to throw bottles and break them or something like that.

[collapse]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CF_S7_2WEAA9cvi.jpg:large

[/collapse]

Pretty sure those are just rocks in the background

Anyone who thinks the new mystery character is Bridget doesn't deserve to main Bedman. :BED:

If you've played Bedman mirrors, you'd know why that is.

Also do you have to be cryptic, why can't you just say what you're hinting at, damn.

I don't think it's Johnny's jH. Look closely: You can notice an alcohol bottle breaking. Might be the new Ensenga ?

Unless it's indeed jH and he got a special allowing to throw bottles and break them or something like that.

[collapse]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CF_S7_2WEAA9cvi.jpg:large

[/collapse]

This is jHS. 

This is stones flying in backstage.

And about KJ - hit box way to big for KJ.

UPD

The new move its a jack hound but with last hit effect

But on this screenshot https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CF_RJLJXIAAxu4H.jpg:largejo dont have а hat(he never wearoff hat before). So its a instantkill or ОD. 

UPD2 or coin now raise up others specials power

Those are most definitely rocks from the stage.  They're way too far in the BG and discolored to be an alcohol bottle.  

"Jackhound" has that darkened effect that RCs and Supers have, but Johnny's is in the middle of an animation in the picture, so I assume it's a super and not an RC. The fact that he takes off the hat also makes me think it's more than just an special move, since supers tend to have more flair to them.

Force Breaks confirmed?!?!?!?  Probably not but I'm expecting new moves anyway.

Judging from the sock puppet speculation retweeted by ArcSysU's twitter, I think it's safe to say that the teased character is, both, Dizzy and Bridget. You see, while Bridget was out and about, trying to prove his manliness, Bridget's Brother was kidnapped. While in captivity, he was made to believe he is the gear-commander, Dizzy. He fights with two sock puppets over each hand. The right hand puppet has a grim-reaper-like appearance, while the left hand puppet is angelic. The hand puppets do not get along.

Who would do such a thing to an innocent child, and to what end would they need a Dizzy-clone?

Here-a comes Daredevil?

lol Only if you get some cheesy Hollywood stereotype of an Italian, like Mario, to be the announcer.

Should be: HERE COMES A DAREDEVIL! (emphasis mine) The text should match what the announcer says.

This is jHS. 

This is stones flying in backstage.

Nope, the range is too good. I'm pretty sure that's a new move, probably the aerial mist finer because it looks similar to the ground versions.

ggxrd-johnny-7.jpg?resize=307%2C173

ggxrd-johnny-8.jpg?resize=307%2C173ggxrd-johnny-10.jpg?resize=307%2C173

If it was Ensenga, then they would have fire effects on them. This aerial move has Mist Finer's circular spark effects, so it's prob Killer Joker or something similar.

Instant Kill Mist Finers all day!

Code for costumes, a cheat code menu (extra menu from AC), a boatload of inaccessible music from older games and completely finished gold/black character colors are on the disc iirc. I'm guessing they ran out of time for implementing the EX/Gold/Black characters gameplay-wise and costumes are literally designing an entire new everything for every character in the cast so that would be pretty time consuming as well given the size of their team.

Hopefully we'll see those things in the new version, along with rematches that don't kick you to the character select screen and Survival mode. (And a PC port PLEASE.)

Code for costumes, a cheat code menu (extra menu from AC), a boatload of inaccessible music from older games and completely finished gold/black character colors are on the disc iirc. I'm guessing they ran out of time for implementing the EX/Gold/Black characters gameplay-wise and costumes are literally designing an entire new everything for every character in the cast so that would be pretty time consuming as well given the size of their team.

Hopefully we'll see those things in the new version, along with rematches that don't kick you to the character select screen and Survival mode. (And a PC port PLEASE.)

Technically speaking, you could set your Player rooms to Rematch option, it was just that they couldn't make that in "Quick Lobby" which is different from Player Lobby.

And Quick Lobby is the only thing that worked with cross play (PS3 >< PS4) right now.

But nobody knows how to SEARCH for Player match rooms that I know of. -_-

I do hope to see some alternate costumes... especially Sol in GG2 Jacket.

Holding my breath and crossing my fingers that the new mystery character is a revamped Bridget! If Bridget comes back, then this will be the only version of Xrd that I would need! I don't even play the game competitively, so I would be happy with this version!

As far as these announcements go (since I just got into GG) will this release be just two characters or are we opening with 2 for the announcement and as we go further towards release more will be announced (since if I am gonna rebuy the game I'd want 4-6 fighters).

Maybe 4 for the arcade, and 2 more for the console release, that is my bet.

ASW is streaming today.

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/index.cgi?eid=1559

I wonder if they will say something about Revelator.

ASW is streaming today.

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/index.cgi?eid=1559

I wonder if they will say something about Revelator.

The stream is mainly about the recent 3DS Kunio-kun game as well as a BBCPEX tournament, though they will be talking about the "new title in the Guilty Gear series".

Apparently Tomomi Isomura (voice of Libraria, April and Leap in Xrd, Makoto in BB) is going to show up, at least according to Mori's twitter.

I'd watch, but, I think you have to be a Premium member.

You don't. Premium will just net you higher quality video. Part of the reason for this stream is to celebrate the fact that ArcSys are now an Official Niconico Broadcaster so their streams can now output high quality video to premium members. Standard members can still watch.

Edit:

Sony are putting together a 10on10 tournament called "Toshin-Gekitotsu".

https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/620/20150528_ggxrd.html?tkgpscom=dc_ggxrd_ps_tw_20150528

"Guilty Gear Kings' Army VS Pro-gamer United Forces"

The winner of Arc Revo 2015 will join the Kings team and the winner of EVO 2015 will be joining the Pro-gamers team. FAB and Nage are confirmed participating. Each team will consist of 5 representative players plus 5 players determined by online qualifiers running from July 3rd to August 9th. Finals will be on August 22nd at Nicofare in Roppongi.