Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Overdrives are ok, they are more used now than in earlier games. I would only buff the effects, I liked the red/orange background from XX games :D

Getting kinda hype to eventually try out Johnny. The old characters have seen some really cool evolution of playstyle with the new system in Xrd, so I can't wait to see what Johnny can do with it. May make a more fun secondary than Sin.

Maybe anji?

Are you suggesting Johnny has Anji on vinyl or... what?

If Johnny has anything to do with vinyl, I'm gonna have a lot to with Johnny. I went so hype when I found out Sol has a portable turntable and an LP pressing of Sheer Heart Attack, like a kid.

Baiken has flowers ...well pedals in her IK. .or is that just bad memory for me? I can't see the pic it wouldn't come up

Bursts are fine the way they are. It provides a way to get out of a damaging combo or bad situation, while still carrying a degree of risk that it can't be used carelessly. Because of the lengthy startup and small hitbox, learning where there are good and bad points to burst in a combo is crucial towards making it effective. You also realize there are times where using the burst just isn't worth it, and you're better off just taking the loss and keeping it for next round. Being able to be hard read and have your burst blocked or thrown also stops them from being true "get out of jail free" cards. And of course there's the massive comeback potential that comes with landing a Gold Burst when things are looking grim.

I certainly prefer GG's burst a helluva lot more than the instant combo breakers like those in MK and KI.

If someone thinks Bursts are bad, well, you haven't played XX or #R.

Interesting, I thought there were no big changes between XX and AC Bursts. Mind explaining why XX Bursts are worse?

If someone thinks Bursts are bad they probably burst badly.

Oh I dunno about that... CT Bursts were so terrible that bursting, for most part, was a bad move. Specially if you were low on Barrier Gauge.

I believe it was Slash where blue Bursts had their startup shortened significantly, though it may have been AC. Prior to that, it was much easier to craft Burst-safe combos because of how long the startup for blue Burst was. By AC, both gold and blue Bursts had effectively the same speed.

Oh I dunno about that... CT Bursts were so terrible that bursting, for most part, was a bad move. Specially if you were low on Barrier Gauge.

I meant Burst specifically in GG, by no means do I think all Burst mechanics should be regarded equally, BB (especially CT Defense deficit bursts :v: lol) a prime example.

I know this is a GG topic but let me finish the thought lol.

I meant Burst specifically in GG, by no means do I think all Burst mechanics should be regarded equally, BB (especially CT Defense deficit bursts :v: lol) a prime example.

And then we have CP 1.1, where Bursts that are so good that it's very difficult to get punished by bursting, most of the times. Even Burst baiting is a difficult thing, compared to say GG and P4U, for most characters because of how fast Bursts are.

Bursts are fine the way they are. It provides a way to get out of a damaging combo or bad situation, while still carrying a degree of risk that it can't be used carelessly. Because of the lengthy startup and small hitbox, learning where there are good and bad points to burst in a combo is crucial towards making it effective. You also realize there are times where using the burst just isn't worth it, and you're better off just taking the loss and keeping it for next round. Being able to be hard read and have your burst blocked or thrown also stops them from being true "get out of jail free" cards. And of course there's the massive comeback potential that comes with landing a Gold Burst when things are looking grim.

I certainly prefer GG's burst a helluva lot more than the instant combo breakers like those in MK and KI.

I wouldn't bring up KI in this discussion, as it's not a "get out of jail free" card, it's another extension of good defense. Since the offensive options there are so strong, the mix-ups don't end after you land a hit. If people combo-break you all the time, it's no different from people blocking your mix-ups.

KI's breaker isn't free especially if they counter break, but the frequency in which breakers happen in a match can get pretty annoying. The risk-reward dynamic for longer vs shorter combos makes sense though.

Burst imo have been the same since xx. I see nothing wrong w them unless you use the. At a bad time..which in case is a user error lol

My stab at Mystery character is, I think she's like C.C. from Code Geass.

Here's a list of "possible" things they could BRING back from older GG's...

---Forcebreak Overdrives (or Forcebreaks in general).
---Isuka/Boost Mode ("FREE" for alls)
---3on3 matches
---Gold/Black Characters
---EX Mode
---GG Generations mode (simulating GG1's "jump cancel everything" mode, quick bursts, charge moves, charge cancels, crossup combos and relaunches, the works)*
---Chaos Roman Cancels (special moves cancel in to other special moves automatically on block or wiff)
---Awakening Mode (from GG1, low life = fast tension gain, similar to how BlazBlue does it)
---Extra Menu (with floor bounce, wall bounce, wall stick, tension control, auto instant blocking and other crazy stuff)

*Technically speaking they brought back that weird thing you can do with Faultless Defense in the air with Faust, so I think it's feasible to do FD Cancels with things yet.

Just 5 more days until first location test, hang in there! ; -;7

Good to be on vacations, now I can see every complain about character changes in this site :v:

I think they said they won't be changing much for existing characters. Which is cool cuz I love 1.10 Bedman.

Id imagine they'd add some new moves though