Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I'm a little disappointed! She's supposed to be halloween themed but she looks...extremely cute, like Ramlethal and Elphelt. Couldn't they give her a freaky mask or scary looking face or something? I'm sure her playstyle will be interesting but I can't help but feel like El already filled the niche of cutesy character that fights comically

From what I picture El fights in a very self deprecating humorous way, I picture this as being a similar concept but degrading the opponent comically.

It's like : " people keep asking for their mains to be back but we are very tight on time and money"

Then they spend their recourses on a character that nobody asked for or would complain if it never existed.

I'm a little disappointed! She's supposed to be halloween themed but she looks...extremely cute, like Ramlethal and Elphelt. Couldn't they give her a freaky mask or scary looking face or something? I'm sure her playstyle will be interesting but I can't help but feel like El already filled the niche of cutesy character that fights comically

Having a comical playstyle is pretty vague and can be accomplished a number of ways. Personally, I wouldn't consider Elphelt's playstyle comical but she has some comical animations here and there that can give her a comical feel. Characters like Faust, Platinum and Teddie have a much more comical playstyle.

Yo DEM PANTS SON! Also going back to anji I am pretty are sure we all want the old cast. But is that only what we should do? ONLY work on previous members? Not make other stuff? All I'm asking

Edit: motherfucker, I just noticed the dumb "one spitcurl" shit in her hair I like this character much less now:( lol

After over a decade of mystery I am thoroughly unamused by what was revealed . . .

Seems her gameplay will be heavily focused on those pumpkins which seem to summon those little minions which likely all have a different function; P seems to hold the opponent  in place to setup the other units, and it is interesting that she can set up multiples of the same units (as P and K are both active and in passive--pumpkin--form). I think the "comical" style is going to be somewhat misinterpreted/overstated from the initial descripter, like I don't think she's going to be slipping on banana peels or sneezing on you to do damage, but rather that her pumpkin knights are all disarming due to their whimsical charm that their "attacks" come off "comical" despite their truly lethal nature.

It's like : " people keep asking for their mains to be back but we are very tight on time and money"

Then they spend their recourses on a character that nobody asked for or would complain if it never existed.

I can't help but feel the current state of the industry influenced a lot of descisions [for better or worse].

Yeah, that's very true. It seems weird to me that they aren't prioritizing returning characters since that appears to be one of the things people are requesting the most. If they need new characters for story reasons they could just make them NPCs, like GG has done with story characters in the past .

The pumpkin theme reminds me a lot of Helloween, and with a few exceptions, Helloween is fun times power metal, so the comical part fits even better. I like it!

The pumpkin theme reminds me a lot of Helloween, and with a few exceptions, Helloween is fun times power metal, so the comical part fits even better. I like it!

Well shit, now if she doesn't have a reference to Sole Survivor I'm going to be even more disappointed . . .

.v.

Yo DEM PANTS SON! Also going back to anji I am pretty are sure we all want the old cast. But is that only what we should do? ONLY work on previous members? Not make other stuff? All I'm asking

I'm definitely all for including new characters. The old cast is cool and will forever been in our hearts, but Xrd needs a cast to separate it from the other games in the series. That means focusing on bringing new stuff to the table and adding the old characters when they get the chance. Hopefully Jack-o surprises me in the long run!

In the bottom of my heart I do hope that she is a terrible person. Just make her an asshole, no hamburgers this time.

I'm definitely all for including new characters. The old cast is cool and will forever been in our hearts, but Xrd needs a cast to separate it from the other games in the series. That means focusing on bringing new stuff to the table and adding the old characters when they get the chance. Hopefully Jack-o surprises me in the long run!

Adding the old characters will give a positive feedback only.

But adding new characters will give both positive and negative feedbacks.

Despite what people think about this girl (I assume it is a girl), they played a key role in "That Man's" machinations as far back as Lightning the Argent, so they definitely have some importance to this story, whimsical appearance or not.

I-No, Jack-O, and Raven.... what a motley crew "That Man" picked out for himself!

I dunno, new characters being added to the cast at the expense of XX characters doesn't really help me feel that Xrd is separate from XX series - the changes to system mechanics and changes to characters already makes that distinction to me =/

I'm all for further worldbuilding using playable characters, and that's what Jack-O' is so far.

Adding just old characters would be somewhat of an easy way out. Even from a business standpoint, I'd imagine Arc prefers to just keep them in the back of their pockets to be able to tell in future updates "Yeah, this is a new update with this crazy new character you might like or not... but hey, here's X, you all missed them, right? Buy our stuff."

Maybe they should have revealed Jack-O' first and Johnny second?

I'm not sure how many years it will take for Ishiwatari to fulfill his promise if he will add one or two old characters per update just like that. :roboky:

1. Make an anime character

2. Add some belts

3. Add irrelevant reference to some old geezers from the past

4. ???

5. METAL!!!111

Also to anyone who thinks the "hooded guy" in earlier illustrations isn't Jack-O...

Imagine the "halo" floating above her head inside the hood.

Also, kinda makes you wonder what people thought about I-No when she was "hinted at" before GGXX came out?

Adding the old characters will give a positive feedback only.

Not really. In a lot of ways, feedback on returning characters has probably been the most negative feedback of the two types of characters, which is understandable. The returning cast had to live up to the expectations built by their +R counterparts and the fanbase following those counterparts created. New characters don't have to worry about such things so negative feedback hasn't been as severe, or at least as vocal.

Looks cool, but I wish the pumpkins had symbols on them instead of literally P, K, and S. It reminds me of a kids spelling game, like Word Munchers

3. Add irrelevant reference to some old geezers from the past

Huh? When did the relation Guilty Gear = references to great Music become irrelevant?

Old geezer Ishiwatari can't betray his invention like this after running 20 or so years :P

Jack-O looks unbelievably cute. Looking forward to trying her out.

Plus, since she's confirmed as one of That Man's aides, there's a possibility that Raven might also be revealed somewhere down the line.

Based on the PKSH pumpkins alone, I'd say she's a lock and trick character.

Basically, you know how Baiken seals one of the four PKSH attacks and players can't use it?  Same idea, probably.

Either that or some input assist mechanism.