Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Well shit, now if she doesn't have a reference to Sole Survivor I'm going to be even more disappointed . . .

.v.

Doesn't Kliff already have that reference?

Eh, references are shared. Like Elphelt and Axl have references to Guns N' Roses so it's possible she could have a Sole Survivor reference.

If it isn't another super cute anime waifu!

I really wonder why they even bothered keeping this character a secret, while also having people speculate so wildly on who it might have been, with a character design as underwhelming and lackluster as this. Her playstyle will probably be interesting enough, at least.

If they continue to focus on adding new blood to Xrd like this, though, I really wonder if we'll ever see even a majority of some of the pre-established characters return or debut.

Also, kinda makes you wonder what people thought about I-No when she was "hinted at" before GGXX came out?

Same thing people thought about Elphelt before, and about Jack-O now. "Miss Fanservicey cutesy that seems to be a waste of character slot".

Luckily, GG characters have unique and interesting gameplay, personalities and arent just moeblobs. We good.

Dunno if i like her yet, need to see her in action for that.....

but i rather get a UNIEL-Hilda / Kof13-Mature vibe from her, rather than super cute.

Also her upper body looks to have natural proportions....

imo

Would be a good design for Blazblue. Don't like it for GG though. 

i think this has been said for every new charakter now. (for some chars i felt so too at first...)

But right now it just sounds like "no returning char -> get outta here, you're not 80s metal, go join BB"

Wonder what people would have said about May / Millia / Ky, if their current redesigns would have been their first iteration...

What a complete letdown  :arg:

Lets take one step foward with Johnny being back in but take one step backwards with Jack-0, wtf!? Honestly enough with all these happy go lucky smiley big sparkly eyed characters. We just got Elphelt why add another? What a slap in the face for long time GG players.

Guilty Gear had some amazing characters in the past but lately it has been underwhelming. Bedman definitely feels and looks the part of GG, Leo I'm ok with although his playstyle is a bit of a let down, Elphelt is just aggravating and annoying, Ramethal is another attempt at a cutesy redesigned character, Overture design was superior imo.

Yeah I'm gotten too. But lets be real most long time GG players will be looking foward to -REVELATOR- for Johnny as a returning character with the possibility of more returning.

BlazBlue players come play GG we just added another character that you might like.  :vbang:

I really wonder why they even bothered keeping this character a secret, 

Well we were all talking about it and speculating which gave it publicity and kept the location test in our minds, id say mission accomplished

One things for sure... if she's "That Man's" loyal servant, she's going to be an enemy of Sol Badguy!

I get the impression she'll have a personality like Harley Quinn or something.

I'm liking that they are adding new chars but in the same sense they are bringing old chars. Least they are adding different elements of game play (as far a a character standpoint goes) don't get me wrong I would love to see my mains come back in gg, but w them adding new peoe whose to say we won't find a new main. Plus it adds to the story.

I'm liking the new character design. Very interested to see how she plays. Keep an open mind guys, I'm sure they will be dropping more chars in this new version :) just be patient and be happy for the different play styles of the new and old ppls

Looks cool, but I wish the pumpkins had symbols on them instead of literally P, K, and S. It reminds me of a kids spelling game, like Word Munchers

Do note that none of the pumpkin knights have the same expression or weapon, so there a 3 very clear indicators, the button assignment is just the most superimposed one.

Dunno if i like her yet, need to see her in action for that.....

but i rather get a UNIEL-Hilda / Kof13-Mature vibe from her, rather than super cute.

Also her upper body looks to have natural proportions....

imo

i think this has been said for every new charakter now. (for some chars i felt so too at first...)

But right now it just sounds like "no returning char -> get outta here, you're not 80s metal, go join BB"

Wonder what people would have said about May / Millia / Ky, if their current redesigns would have been their first iteration...

Right? Lol "WOW LOLI GIRL WITH AN ANCHOR, THANKS DAISUKE"

Haters gonna hate.  I gotta admit I wasn't impressed with Bedman when I first saw him...

That is, until I heard his theme and learned his personality and how he plays...

...The salt in this thread is fantastic..

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how she plays and what she brings to the game as a whole. I assume they'll bring a couple more characters before the console release, so I hope they keep with the 1-1 of new and old characters.

Really dig the design. Looks like a crazy Noel. While I want my old main back, I'm definitely more interested in Xrd coming up with new, interesting characters.

...The salt in this thread is fantastic..

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how she plays and what she brings to the game as a whole. I assume they'll bring a couple more characters before the console release, so I hope they keep with the 1-1 of new and old characters.

Everyone who doesn't agree with you is just salty.  Okay, gotcha!

Everyone who doesn't agree with you is just salty.  Okay, gotcha!

No, people who get angry about things made by large groups that don't cater to their individuals wants could be considered "salty".

Those two statements were not meant to be conflicting. The first was an observation. The second one was more of an aside or just throwing in my personal opinion on the matter.

If anything I would think the people who can't deal with the fact that not everyone likes what they do are salty.  The entire purpose of having multiple characters and playstyles in fighting games is to that everyone can play what they want.  If you can't accept the fact that someone might like to play a character you don't, or vice versa, it may be time to find a new game.

If anything I would think the people who can't deal with the fact that not everyone likes what they do are salty.  The entire purpose of having multiple characters and playstyles in fighting games is to that everyone can play what they want.  If you can't accept the fact that someone might like to play a character you don't, or vice versa, it may be time to find a new game.

......Exactly? If you don't like the character, you don't have to play as them, simple as that.

It's funny how nobody would be complaining if it actually was Bridget, even though he'd surely get mocked if he was a brand new character for Xrd.

I'm glad they are making brand new interesting looking characters but hope they release more old characters also, to make the old GG players that miss their mains that aren't in Xrd.

Hope this new waifu is S tier so people can leave my El alone :toot:

According to Guilty Gear player Ho-chan (who scored the Famitsu scan), a new system change is also on its way that grants players the ability to “trigger a fatal blow after successfully activated blitz shield.”

Any thoughts about this?

I never said anything about having any issue with people having a differing opinion than mine. I simply found it comical that people felt so wronged when they were presented with a design they disliked and didn't receive character X from a previous iteration (probably designed by the same person/team).

......Exactly? If you don't like the character, you don't have to play as them, simple as that.

This. I enjoy variety in the game. New or old characters, I'm excited to see how they're implemented.

She looks and sounds like a female version of Faust. Can't help but be excited about her, especially since her overall design is pretty simple (yes, despite the halo, the ball and the mask), and I love sleek, simple designs. Don't worry about the haters: people hated Bedman on reveal, too, and now they say that he looks and feels like part of GG. Well of course new characters don't feel like a part of GG until they get added to GG.

Adding the old characters will give a positive feedback only.

What you're saying is that people won't complain about something. They will. They always do.