Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Honestly enough with all these happy go lucky smiley big sparkly eyed characters. We just got Elphelt why add another? What a slap in the face for long time GG players.

Don't worry about the haters: people hated Bedman on reveal, too, and now they say that he looks and feels like part of GG. Well of course new characters don't feel like a part of GG until they get added to GG.

Their eager trust shattered by Daisuke, known for his exceptionally metal characters like May, Dizzy, Bridget, and Faust; the ever-wavering GG following was struck yet another blow. What once had integrity and a level of sheer coolness, now just a bunch of anime BlazBlue shit. I blame Mori.

This cyclical conversation comes up over and over every single time a new character is shown.

This cyclical conversation comes up over and over every single time a new character is shown.

Actually, I believe Leo dodged the bullet somehow. Maybe because we had enough time to get used to him after we saw him in the trailer. Same goes for Sin.

Their eager trust shattered by Daisuke, known for his exceptionally metal characters like May, Dizzy, Bridget, and Faust; the ever-wavering GG following was struck yet another blow. What once had integrity and a level of sheer coolness, now just a bunch of anime BlazBlue shit. I blame Mori.

I remember someone complained that Mori forced Ishiwatari to make Dizzy. :roboky:

And so the argument of "All GG characters should be hardcore badass gorillas." begins yet again.

I for one really like Jack-O. I'm definitely excited to see her in action!

I got a Nu/Lambda vibe when I first saw her, and I love that the "Ball and Chain" ended up being pumpkins.  She's a simple design, she's got the musical references, she's got the Halloween influence, complete with the scary face for a Super/IK, and she'll likely bring something fresh to the table in terms of gameplay.  Don't get me wrong, I'll MARK HARD when/if we get Dizzy, but I like that they're trying new things, and I appreciate what Ram, El, Leo and Bedman have brought us, so I'm looking forward to seeing her in action, especially when she's been working behind the scenes for so long.  Can't to see I-No's reaction when she inevitably sets her off about something.  As for this new mechanic that was mentioned, being able to deal a "Fatal Blow after a successful Blitz" sounds vague but scary to me.  I would hope that would come with a decent amount of risk to justify it ending the round, but we'll obviously have to see how it goes this weekend.  This might be an odd comparison, but I suppose they're trying to make Blitz Shield the defining mechanic of Xrd, the same you could argue that Overdrive defines BBCP?  Also, just noticed the name similarity with I-No.  Ha.

Wow if you started a thread with this post it could have been the new "YRC" post

Elphelt is as hardcore as it gets, hits like a grown ass man, inspired by Guns n Roses and asks men to marry her.

Read somewhere that she has a different playstyle when she puts on her mask or something like that, any truth in this?

i think this has been said for every new charakter now. (for some chars i felt so too at first...)

But right now it just sounds like "no returning char -> get outta here, you're not 80s metal, go join BB"

Wonder what people would have said about May / Millia / Ky, if their current redesigns would have been their first iteration...

For me personally redesigned Ky and Millia are cool and in accordance to the series. The new May sucks though. 

I just don't like all this excessive "moe" bs. 

Quote According to Guilty Gear player Ho-chan (who scored the Famitsu scan), a new system change is also on its way that grants players the ability to “trigger a fatal blow after successfully activated blitz shield.”

Probably will work like Gold IK activation - if you Blitz reject when enemy is low on health you activate IK mode or what? 

Liking the new character select design. There's space for two more characters, quite obviously. 

Well, seems like this topic is gonna go to shit again. Think Imma stay out of it for once.

My two cents on Jack-O however: she's actually wearing pants. Just think about that for a second....

I think it's more like getting Mortal Counter hits (outside of Danger Time) when landing a hit on a successfully repelled opponent. If so, it'd be a cool addition. Right now Blitz isn't as utilized as much as it should be, especially for a entry defining mechanic. Doing this would add new incentive but keep the risk/reward meta as the opponent can still counter Blitz.

I just don't like all this excessive "moe" bs.

What is so excessively moe about Jack-o? The lolipop? Even Baiken is more moe than that.

btw  old new char can be  Zappa 

http://joxi.ru/p27Odb5tbE0B27

http://joxi.ru/12MB0ZDfWX4vAJ

and only char select screen is random is xrd 

http://joxi.ru/gmv3GbqCKBL02a

Wouldn't surprise us if it was Zappa... Pachi and Daisuke said themselves that Johnny and Zappa were closes to being added in the first Xrd before they were cut.

Probably will work like Gold IK activation - if you Blitz reject when enemy is low on health you activate IK mode or what? 

Liking the new character select design. There's space for two more characters, quite obviously. 

I am seeing 3-4 spots unfilled unless I am misreading it (In between bedman and jack-o,to the right of jack-o,where it says limit based off of leo slot being used until his purchase,and above ky and sol in between)

btw  old new char can be  Zappa 

http://joxi.ru/p27Odb5tbE0B27

http://joxi.ru/12MB0ZDfWX4vAJ

and only char select screen is random is xrd 

http://joxi.ru/gmv3GbqCKBL02a

Woah, never noticed that  :yaaay:

Anyway regarding the new girl, i'm pretty indiferent right now, gotta wait until we see her in action.

Zappa and Dizzy would be pretty damn nice future additions.

I'm a little disappointed! She's supposed to be halloween themed but she looks...extremely cute, like Ramlethal and Elphelt. Couldn't they give her a freaky mask or scary looking face or something? I'm sure her playstyle will be interesting but I can't help but feel like El already filled the niche of cutesy character that fights comically

Well her mask is irght there in her hand and you can see her wearing it in the right picture.

I would be done with a 1v1 ratio of returning and new characters, I get their desire to make new ones, still are creators and have ideas they want to try out and boom there you go.

That said, can't wait to see the day the whole cast returned to game, can start getting frustrated at testaments and baikens again XD

Holy shit stop whining.

Please try reading the thread first, most of the discussion has been very productive with people elaborating on their opinions or otherwise posting findings.  Coming into the thread for the sole purpose of trying to be peacemaker or whatever the hell you're doing just makes you look foolish.

If you people think THIS thread is shitposting and whining, don't ever go to Gamefaqs or /asg/ on 4chan, you won't be able to handle that level of aggressive banter lol.  This has been civil disagreement for the most part.

Yeah that's what I thought, if you're in Hellfire you may be able to pop off with an IK after you successfully blitz.

Cool looking character. Still possible that there might be more characters released. 

For console I'm sure there will be but for this loketest just 2