Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

What is so excessively moe about Jack-o? The lolipop? Even Baiken is more moe than that.

I'm assuming the ahoge. Ahoge are pretty moe.

I was expecting a tall long neck freak to be the mysterious third servant after all these years though.

http://guiltygear.ru/images/gallery/ggxplus_sm_so3.jpg

RE adding new characters:  They know that if they only add back in old characters it's just going to piss off anyone that didn't have their main return yet, and they probably have solid story reasons to add in new people.  They're going to add 1-2 new characters with each iteration.  Let's hope we get 2-3 old characters at the same time.  If anything they might only have these two right now, but they might have 3 more by the time the physical version is ready sometime down the road.  Look at Bedman+Ram when Xrd was announced, followed by Sin+Elph+Leo when the physical version was released.

RE potential BS change:  BS triggering Mortal Counter state could mean that Danger Time is being cut.  I hope to find out more on this soon.  Or maybe BS > counter BS will trigger Danger Time or something.  Or maybe it's just the IK thing you guys are mentioning, which IIRC is already a thing if you have 75%?  I think when Xrd was first announced you couldn't BS against IK or Super, but when the game released we found that you could BS against IKs, meaning a player could counter BS to protect themselves.  Maybe they decided that IKs should go through BS, so if you BS someone you're guaranteed an IK in that situation?

RE no balance changes:  Odd because systemic changes could easily mix up the balance, but I guess riding it out for a few months is the best course of action.  Still, this makes me think that there wont be much in the way if systemic changes, so maybe a lot of stuff that I don't like is going to stay.  I'd really like to see YRC tweaked.  If things aren't changed now, I'll just have to hope for changes later after they've field tested this in arcades for a few months.

Probably will work like Gold IK activation - if you Blitz reject when enemy is low on health you activate IK mode or what? 

Liking the new character select design. There's space for two more characters, quite obviously. 

Yeah? I was guessing "fatal blow" to mean mortal counter. Didn't even think of the possibility it could be a IK cancel. If that's the case then I'd better have YOU WA SHOCK at the ready.

At first I wanted to face palm at all of the whiny people come up out the woodwork since this reveal BUT then I remember the Tekken community during Lucky Chloe's reveal and I'm thankful that we are, at least, mildly more mature than that.

Personally, I like the design though I find it more BB than GG. At the same time it falls more in line with Bridget's design language and I can accept that. I have faith in the current GG team and am thankful for their work. Xrd dropped in Feb of 2014 and I feel it's growing at a good pace. The turnaraound time between GG versions has historically been 1-2 years so it seems that everything is progressing normally.

The ahoge is the same as Elphelts, Jack-O Valentine confirmed.

What no stop that. Fucking going mad you are

New character looks cool. Hyped as fuck for Johnny and whatever else we get.

I kind of like the idea of Blitz Shield triggering Mortal Counter. It feels like by applying Mortal to situations outside of Danger Time they might be thinking about tweaking or removing it, like someone said above me~

Well that reveal was way off from who I thought it was but I like it. I hope Jack-o is the insane comical kind of character lol. 

I hope there will be more characters by console release.

So all that's known about her is she works for that man and she has pumpkins. Sounds legit. Hopefully I can find a character I feel comfortable with subbing. Also hope that I dont have to fork out full price (at least make it $30-40 arcsys, plox?)

Friday can't come soon enough, the prospects of new BS stuff alone is exciting.

Plus, y'know, Johnny and Jack O in action.

Wouldn't surprise us if it was Zappa... Pachi and Daisuke said themselves that Johnny and Zappa were closes to being added in the first Xrd before they were cut.

I thought it was johnny ansdBridget?

So all that's known about her is she works for that man and she has pumpkins. Sounds legit. Hopefully I can find a character I feel comfortable with subbing. Also hope that I dont have to fork out full price (at least make it $30-40 arcsys, plox?)

Xrd costs $39-$49 now, by the time it's on console probably winter or 2016 I'm sure it will be $39 like BBCPE

I thought it was johnny ansdBridget?

It was Johnny and Bridget yeah, if I remember right (please correct me if I'm wrong) they chose Slayer and Venom over them.

That's right, because johnny/Slayer and Bridget/venom are similar but the choosen characters were easier to implement or so they said.

Honestly, I'm expecting some shit like the Creeper from Batman or Freakazoid from the series of the same name, at least in terms of her general characterization.  That would actually be dope.  My issue is that I think she looks dumb, but if she acts interesting that would be pretty cool.

This thread is for news and gameplay discussion, not reporting on baseless facts or opinions. It's quickly going down a path of irrelevancy that it needs to get off of, making it difficult to find all the actual news postings. 

This discussion is some straight up 4chan tier shitposting

kek

Goes along with your 4chan tier loli pic, I guess.

Goes along with your 4chan tier loli pic, I guess.

Based comment 

But back on topic it would be nice if they added that feature they showed in the PV

This thread is for news and gameplay discussion, not reporting on baseless facts or opinions. It's quickly going down a path of irrelevancy that it needs to get off of, making it difficult to find all the actual news postings. 

Now now... where's smoke, there's fire :)

Hype's too strong right now.

I dunno if anyone mentioned it, but her outfit looks like a straight jacket and she has a restraining mask, it's looking like she is clinically insane.

I did. Hell, I predicted it.  But no one reads my posts. :v:

just a bunch of anime BlazBlue shit. I blame Mori.

Eat your vegetables, you spoiled brats!  GG wouldn't be here without BB, don't forget.

P.S. New mechanic reminds me of the old GG1 IK poke, hope it's not as random or as dangerous as Danger Time though.