Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

How about this:the Valentine's are Valentine's,Jack-O is Jack-O and the Murakumo's are Murakumo's.

With that said I'm interested in seeing what Jack-O's gameplay will be like, I also hope this Blitzshield change means Danger Time AKA best mechanic in the game has been removed.

I don't mind danger time.  I understand what they were trying to do, it really doesn't bother me even when I lose for it. 

Yeah as far as fighting game gimmicks go, Danger Time wasn't so bad to me. I'm sure whatever they chose to do with it in Revelator will end up fine

I wish they let us edit the arena stage banners, and change the look of the stage... I personally find it ugly.

And give us a tournament mode for netplay, don't they have one in Japan or something?

Hoo-boy am I late to the party. I actually don't mind Jack-O. From a design standpoint I think she looks pretty damn sweet. Time will tell if her supposedly comical gameplay is deadly however, but that's something to look forward to.

Yeah as far as fighting game gimmicks go, Danger Time wasn't so bad to me. I'm sure whatever they chose to do with it in Revelator will end up fine

I'll be fine with mostly any mechanic, as long as it isn't random.

Jack'o hentai when and where?

I wanna lick her lollipop if you know what i mean <3 

this reminds me of /fgg/ but Jack'O hentai when

We fucking get it dude

Any videos surfaced euyet? ?!?!

This new character looks like rachels and kulas cousin. . Not too impressed yet i guess.

johnny could be cool but lets not rule out the possibility of arc making him whackkk

Groan, not another faux-Murakumo waifu.

What the fuck are you even

Loke test this weekend, but it's still confirmed no balance changes, right? So it's just Johnny and Jack-O and the new system change.

Anyone else think the new stages might give some clues towards new characters? Or least the new story mode...

Johnny's is Mayship II at sunset, of course

Jack-o's seems to be an alternate Dragonica Falls

The others seen in the Famitsu preview are:

Japan

Babylon

Nightmare Theater

Opera(?)

Anyone else think the new stages might give some clues towards new characters? Or least the new story mode...

Johnny's is Mayship II at sunset, of course

Jack-o's seems to be an alternate Dragonica Falls

The others seen in the Famitsu preview are:

Japan

Babylon

Nightmare Theater

Opera(?)

I don't think so dude, probably just refurbished stages like Slash did.  It's not uncommon for characters to share stages in this series either, after all Venom and Zato shared the opera house.

As I always say, Danger Time is rare enough to never make a difference on a tournament level. The only way Danger Time can cheat you out of a well-deserved trophy is if you lose to it in both winners and losers bracket, and since most tournaments go FT2, that's a lot of random losses. Anything less than that is due to your own skill (or lack of it).

http://i.imgur.com/PEfpKTr.jpg

Good manners? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I think it's a pretty good guess, especially because they said the almost put Zappa in the first game. From where did that pic come from? 

Besides Zappa, I expect at least one more character for the new game when it hits consoles. Probably two with the second being DLC a few weeks after launch.

Hey guys , wanna ask you something , Xrd is finally out in Europe and i am thinking of buying it , but its kinda expensive , and i wanna make sure of a couple of things before buying it. .

Is it possible to play this game on ps3 pad (dualshock3 that is)? I tried AC+r with pad and from that experience its fairly doable (you know, RC , FRC that kinda things).

And how is Online experience for PS3 users? Anyone tried it yet?

Thanks!

Is it possible to play this game on ps3 pad (dualshock3 that is)? I tried AC+r with pad and from that experience its fairly doable (you know, RC , FRC that kinda things).

And how is Online experience for PS3 users? Anyone tried it yet?

Thanks!

A friend of mine plays Xrd-Venom / Slayer on PS3-pad with cancels and combos just fine, though he was used to Xbox-pad in +R and all kinds of fighters...

PS3 online is generally fine in EU, usually 2-3 frame connections to people with ok internet for me. PS4 ~ PS3 cross-play works fine as well.

(Edit: using japanese PS3- and PS4-version, but i don't think that should matter for your questions...)

For me, it's almost unplayable, but I really, really suck with a pad. If you can play AC, surely you can play Xrd. 

Online is ok in player matches, but if you can find 2 or less frame delay, anything more isn't really good to me.

Could someone please clarify for me how the character select screen pic suggests zappa?

If you look at how characters are placed on the new selection screen and the AC one, you'll see that they are all opposite the same ones (Ky/Sol, Johnny/May, Millia/Zato etc.), and on the opposite end of Faust there's a "random but probably will be a character" slot.

Could someone please clarify for me how the character select screen pic suggests zappa?

If you look and compare the character select screen of Revelator with that of AC (I attached an image from the +R one below) you'll see that the character portrait placements are mirrored the same way for Revelator and the pic below. This is true for all the old characters. For example Millia is across from Eddie, May is across from Johnny et cetera.

Now if you check the spot for the unrevealed character you'll see that it's across from Faust. The character across from Faust in AC is Zappa. I hope that makes sense

da9d9901a1.PNG

edit: I was too slow.  :(

If you look and compare the character select screen of Revelator with that of AC (I attached an image from the +R one below) you'll see that the character portrait placements are mirrored the same way for Revelator and the pic below. This is true for all the old characters. For example Millia is across from Eddie, May is across from Johnny et cetera.

Now if you check the spot for the unrevealed character you'll see that it's across from Faust. The character across from Faust in AC is Zappa. I hope that makes sense

da9d9901a1.PNG

edit: I was too slow.  :(

It does make sense just one more quick question. At the end of that guilty gear dosent zappa get surgery from faust to become ugly and no longer be possessed (therefore removing what makes him a fighter within canon)?

Gameplay takes priority over story, so they will find a way to bring him back, either by ignoring that ending or following it up in a way that would keep Zappa playable.

It does make sense just one more quick question. At the end of that guilty gear dosent zappa get surgery from faust to become ugly and no longer be possessed (therefore removing what makes him a fighter within canon)?

When it comes to story and plot points, I'm sure Arcsys could find a way to explain it. There are so many different alternative endings in the story modes so who knows what's really canon. I could be wrong about this, but if I remember correctly Arcsys have said that they don't consider story elements firsthand when picking choosing returning characters. They look at how characters play and choose the characters whose gameplay would bring something new to the current roster to get a nice mix of playstyles.

When it comes to story and plot points, I'm sure Arcsys could find a way to explain it. There are so many different alternative endings in the story modes so who knows what's really canon. I could remember this incorrectly, but I believe Arcsys have said that they don't consider story elements firsthand when picking choosing returning characters. They look at how characters play and choose the characters whose gameplay would bring something new to the current roster to get a nice mix of playstyles.

Fair enough I raise the point since from my understanding kliff and justice have both died and therefore are not included in most rosters until the very last characters as non canon hey were just kinda here fighters. I would assume the fighters integrated into the initial roster would in some way be integrated into the plot and figured zappa would fall into that category (not to mention but from my understanding and I may be totally off but dosen't no one play zappa since his playstyle is so weird)?