Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Fanning the flames of wild speculation.

Assuming opposite of Faust is Zappa, there's only three remaining pairings of old characters: Dizzy and Testament, Jam and Bridget, and Anji and Baiken. Remaining solitaire characters are: ABA, OrderSol and RoboKy. Nine old characters left. (Not counting Kliff and Justice )

And on the current character select screen, there are nine possible spots for character squares. Three above Sol/Ky, two above Sin and Leo, three below Sol/Ky, I-No, and Axl, and one between Slayer/Venom. Enough spots for three pairs and three solos...

Perhaps we're getting Jack-O and the remaining old cast. Or maybe they're optimisticly close to completing the old cast and are working right up to the deadline.

Realisticly, prob one more char and two dlc chars. Plus, the speculative arrangement would leave no room for any more new/overture characters.

Loke test this weekend, right?

It does make sense just one more quick question. At the end of that guilty gear dosent zappa get surgery from faust to become ugly and no longer be possessed (therefore removing what makes him a fighter within canon)?

Zato-1 was stone cold dead and came back. Zappa's easy in comparison as far as making sense goes.

Fair enough I raise the point since from my understanding kliff and justice have both died and therefore are not included in most rosters until the very last characters as non canon hey were just kinda here fighters. I would assume the fighters integrated into the initial roster would in some way be integrated into the plot and figured zappa would fall into that category (not to mention but from my understanding and I may be totally off but dosen't no one play zappa since his playstyle is so weird)?

I feel like Kliff and Justice are special cases because they weren't legit characters in XX until +R. And as Chev pointed out, Zato was dead and they revived him.

Bottom line is they could make up any excuse and retcon anything if they really wanted a particular character playable.

Fanning the flames of wild speculation.

Assuming opposite of Faust is Zappa, there's only three remaining pairings of old characters: Dizzy and Testament, Jam and Bridget, and Anji and Baiken. Remaining solitaire characters are: ABA, OrderSol and RoboKy. Nine old characters left. (Not counting Kliff and Justice )

And on the current character select screen, there are nine possible spots for character squares. Three above Sol/Ky, two above Sin and Leo, three below Sol/Ky, I-No, and Axl, and one between Slayer/Venom. Enough spots for three pairs and three solos...

Perhaps we're getting Jack-O and the remaining old cast. Or maybe they're optimisticly close to completing the old cast and are working right up to the deadline.

Realisticly, prob one more char and two dlc chars. Plus, the speculative arrangement would leave no room for any more new/overture characters.

Loke test this weekend, right?

Didn't they say it took them 4 months to recreate Johnny? If that's true it would be very optimistic to think that they would bring them all back in Revelator. 

If they end up including another character pair according to the mirroring of the character select screen I'd say Dizzy and Testament are the most likely, followed by Anji and Baiken. That's my pick at least.

I'd like to point out that not only are the characters facing each other like in AC, but with two exceptions (Chipp/Pot and Axl/I-No) they are aligned EXACTLY the same.  Sol/Ky on top, Johnny/May beneath them, then Millia/Zato and finally Slayer/Venom.  That's fucking eerie man, I refuse to believe that to be coincidence.  Furthermore if they only wanted to fill up space, they could have easily put Bedders across from Faust and gave Jacko her own spot like Leo had in Sign.  

I'm too tired and old to go through the last few pages to delete stupid shit, but I'm going to put a big huge warning here.

TAKE YOUR BULLSHIT SPECULATION ELSEWHERE

This thread is for discussing what we know, not what we hope and dream.

What does this mean ? 0_о

It's the name of Zappa's theme.

It looks like she wears the mask when she fights? That's really cool, the new Dragonica Falls looks great too. The pumpkin things look like little houses, maybe those minions come out of the houses after a certain amount of time?

New blitz shield looks nice

also, that new Villa Vampir stage (assuming) has a very BBish vibe to it.

Looking at it closely it looks like it's actually a variant of Ky's stage (can't remember what it's called), not Villa Vampir

Cool, any translations yet?

There is nothing to translate yet, all it says is that Jack-o serves That Man.

I got my Famitsu.

Apparently, during the activation of Overdrives, you can spend your Burst to add more power to them.

Apart from that and some comments from Ishiwatari, there's nothing new that we don't already know.

Apparently, during the activation of Overdrives, you can spend your Burst to add more destructive power to them.

Oh yeah, hellfire dragon install burst powered Tyrant Rave! say goodbye to 80% of your health!

Huh, didn't expect GG to learn a few lessons from Dengeki. I don't expect to see it used that often, as you want to save your Burst for the next round, but it can help close the door in some matches if one player is too much ahead of the other.

I got my Famitsu.

Apparently, during the activation of Overdrives, you can spend your Burst to add more destructive power to them.

Apart from that and some comments from Ishiwatari, there's nothing new that we don't already know.

I appreciate them trying to make Overdrives more useful but I don't know how much we'll actually be using this.  Maybe if we know it's going to kill when it wouldn't otherwise...but I guess we have to see what they mean by destructive power, because if they mean spending bursts to add more properties to an OD that would be pretty great, but if it's just more damage...ehhhhh....

Looking at it closely it looks like it's actually a variant of Ky's stage (can't remember what it's called), not Villa Vampir

Those are two different stages mate.  The first one is Ky's stage at night, the second one looks like Millia's stage but 2spooky.

Those are two different stages mate.  The first one is Ky's stage at night, the second one looks like Millia's stage but 2spooky.

That person was replying to someone who mistook the former for Villa Vampyr, the latter was never even brought up.

Oh, to correct myself: It's not destructive power. It's just power.

This was just rude and uncalled for. Nothing wrong w speculation and people getting excited or putting their opinions in. Its not like we don't go back to talkin about game play and what not...relax lol

I'm too tired and old to go through the last few pages to delete stupid shit, but I'm going to put a big huge warning here.

TAKE YOUR BULLSHIT SPECULATION ELSEWHERE

This thread is for discussing what we know, not what we hope and dream.

I'm actually really hoping they mean something like meter burn moves in MK, like you pop burst at some point during the OD and you get a new property.  Like for instance during Venom's Dark Angel you hit the button and the ball grows and does more hits or something like that.  It might depend on the player but I don't know, it would take a lot to make me comfortable with throwing away my burst on a super enhancement.

I got my Famitsu.

Not to put a bee in anyone's bonnet but that sounds almost exactly like how "Overdrive Bursts" are used in BlazBlue but with a twist.

Basically instead of forcing you to expend a Burst for the enhancement, they made it an "option" in GG instead to add spice to Overdrives.

Given how gung-ho everyone is online, I'll keep my trusty Blue-Burst, thanks...

Edit: Now that I think on it some, that might be something they planned long before, as "Burst Overdrives" existed in GG in EX Mode (I-No's Megalomania for example, uses up a Burst).  I hope Sol gets his classic GGX Tyrant Rave action back someday.

The only other "Burst Overdrive" besides Megalomania was Dizzy's infamously unusable "Wings of Light" [Hikari no Tsubasa].