Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

It's bacchus sigh

Ok, that's what I figured, though was confused considering they changed the command input, which I could've understood if they made it just 236P instead of 41236P, but then I'm just kinda confused why they had to reverse the input for Mist Finer at all.

And Johnny has no 3H either :(

* woah woah woah WHAT WHY ARE THEIR BURST ICONS BLUE? I doubt it's just an aesthetic change as in some of the screenshots, one character's Burst icon is the original orange color while the other's Burst icon is blue. Wonder what this means exactly?

It's possibly because in the first image that shows the orange and blue burst, Ky has meter to allow for Burst-ODs while Sol has no meter for Burst-ODs. If you look below, when Sol has 100 meter, he has a blue burst as well; but when he's in IK mode, his burst is orange again.

I came here to sperg the fuck out because that little shit, May, took ensenga fo reals.

1411248991799_zps7ceccc00.jpg

It's possibly because in the first image that shows the orange and blue burst, Ky has meter to allow for Burst-ODs while Sol has no meter for Burst-ODs. If you look below, when Sol has 100 meter, he has a blue burst as well; but when he's in IK mode, his burst is orange again.

Ah, is that it? Makes sense.

If you hold the H button when you blitz, your character will start a new animation. You can release it shortly thereafter to use a special follow-up attack.

If you hold the H button when you blitz, your character will start a new animation. You can release it shortly after to use a special follow-up attack.

So is Blitz Shielding back after being rejected gone? It's not mentioned in the manual at all. 

I hate the idea of throw breaks, hopefully they are AC-level tight or maybe a little more. Please, no BB or SF style throw tech windows. 

"Only Jack-O's sweep is a different action."

That's the only addition beyond the normal explanation of the sweep.

Another (not so important) thing: Now 5D > [6] has animation just like 5D > [8/9].

I'm curious if they made it such to make Homing Dash midscreen combos easier (like with Sol, you can get a dustloop from a P2 starting position Homing Dash, but the time to press 9 to jump is very strict) or kill them altogether. Tomorrow is gonna be a big day, I hope a lot of information and footage pops up early. 

So is Blitz Shielding back after being rejected gone? It's not mentioned in the manual at all. 

I hate the idea of throw breaks, hopefully they are AC-level tight or maybe a little more. Please, no BB or SF style throw tech windows. 

BB or SF throw techs only make sense with their respective throws anyway (well, BB at least since throws are universal combo starters, can't talk too much for SF4 or whatever).

I do want some kind of throw break in Xrd though, mostly just so both people grabbing at the same time won't be a crapshoot.

I called on Johnny having an aerial Mist Finer. But NO ENSENGA?!?! Fuck. Or maybe it could be a mistake. I hope Zweihander will have a similar purpose. No 6HS too, or is it considered universal like 6P?

I'm not sure I like added animation on D > 6 followup, I hope it won't fuck up comboing into Slayer's K Pilebunker.

Jack-O's move set seems pretty straight forward. Feels like her Ghosts are going to make or break her. I'm curious about that Organ Deployment special though. Looking forward to hearing the first set of tidbits from the loketest tonight

There needs to be throw breaking in this game. Either change the command for throws or just have it so that the player presses the opposite direction that the throw is initiated from. No throw breaks in anything fighting game is ridiculous.

http://ggxrd.com/rev_ac/img/pdf/ggxrd_rev_playingmanual.pdf

Playing manual for Revelator.

Throw breaks added, woah.

Also looks like Danger Time is gone.

Her name is Jack-O', with an apostrophe.

Burst Overdrives (that's what they're called) are performed by inputting the Overdrive's command plus D instead of their normal button. Not every Overdrive has a burst version.

"Insert M.Bison quote here." :)

I called on Johnny having an aerial Mist Finer. But NO ENSENGA?!?! Fuck. Or maybe it could be a mistake. I hope Zweihander will have a similar purpose. No 6HS too, or is it considered universal like 6P?

I'm not sure I like added animation on D > 6 followup, I hope it won't fuck up comboing into Slayer's K Pilebunker.

6H is universal like 6P. He lost 3H however.

Danger Time gone and Throw Break are great ! looks like they opted for refining the game instead of redoing everything which I totally agree with ! And yeah, throw break will likely be like AC, to avoid the silliness of two people throwing at the same time without knowing who gets priority over the other and prevent throws from being too efficient, especially with the throw OS that allowed for some silly stuff !

I'm also curious about the new Blitzshield, I never really liked the Blitz mindgames as it is, so Blitzes having an universal follow-up could be interesting ! Wait and see I guess ! As for Jack O', I'm eager to see her in action, her movelist is so strange that I don't even see how she is supposed to work !

6H is universal like 6P. He lost 3H however.

Ok.

Well, since the game is based on Reload and than refined, I look at it like he never had 3HS at all.

YRCs need rework and tension gain (which got a much needed tweak) needs to be adjusted but its danger time that has everyone in a tizzy. It rarely ever makes any significant impact at tournament level play but whatever makes people happy I suppose.

YRCs need rework and tension gain (which got a much needed tweak) needs to be adjusted but its danger time that has everyone in a tizzy. It rarely ever makes any significant impact at tournament level play but whatever makes people happy I suppose.

At least the concept of YRC is still salvageable and can be adjusted. Danger Time on the other hand adds nothing worthwhile to the game. I'd have less of a problem with it if it was at least consistent.

they probably will continue to work on YRC, given the fact they already took care of YRC OSes. We'll need to see a full changelist to know if they refined them or not ! As for tension gain, this is more of a case-by-case issue : Elphelt's shotgun loop was a prime example, and they'll probably try to fix those cases as time passes by ! Let's be hopeful since they seem to take the right way when it comes for these matters.