Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

There needs to be throw breaking in this game. Either change the command for throws or just have it so that the player presses the opposite direction that the throw is initiated from. No throw breaks in anything fighting game is ridiculous.

You know, there is already a way to avoid throws in GG. It's called "Not being in the throw range". Fast unbreakable throws are so deeply ingrained in GG's playstyle, I'm not sure adding breaks is worth it at this point. If the break window is too big, it will make players relearn both defense and offense, and if it's too short, they might as well not add it at all.

Well, this is just a loketest, so they might not even keep throw breaks in the final version. We'll see what the general reaction will be.

At least the concept of YRC is still salvageable and can be adjusted. Danger Time on the other hand adds nothing worthwhile to the game. I'd have less of a problem with it if it was at least consistent.

It does add excitement each time it happens in an important match. Though sometimes you get those players who don't want to risk taking advantage of it and just lame it out on opposite sides of the screen.

http://ggxrd.com/rev_ac/img/pdf/ggxrd_rev_playingmanual.pdf

Playing manual for Revelator.

Throw breaks added, woah.

Also looks like Danger Time is gone.

Her name is Jack-O', with an apostrophe.

Burst Overdrives (that's what they're called) are performed by inputting the Overdrive's command plus D instead of their normal button. Not every Overdrive has a burst version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgAh95IrfIs

Also RIP TK Ensenga & #R Divine Blade. I wonder what this new Zweihander move will be like.

They are going good so far, when do they finally take out PRC?

Why would they? PRC is quite fine as it is right now. 

Why would they? PRC is quite fine as it is right now.

Because from a design standpoint PRC is retarded?

You know, there is already a way to avoid throws in GG. It's called "Not being in the throw range". Fast unbreakable throws are so deeply ingrained in GG's playstyle, I'm not sure adding breaks is worth it at this point. If the break window is too big, it will make players relearn both defense and offense, and if it's too short, they might as well not add it at all.

Well, this is just a loketest, so they might not even keep throw breaks in the final version. We'll see what the general reaction will be.

It does add excitement each time it happens in an important match. Though sometimes you get those players who don't want to risk taking advantage of it and just lame it out on opposite sides of the screen.

You do realize gg used to have throw techs

Like the new HUD [except for the new R.I.S.C. gauge design] and with all of these system changes I'm really glad they're playing it smart with Guilty Gear and keeping the characters as is until they see how these new gimmicks work out.

Ishiwatari was serious when he said he wanted to make higher meter options more viable, but I'm not sure how this new Burst Boost will work toward that philsophy.

They were only in AC, so they are a VERY "recent" addition to the series, so long as the tech window is on that tier I won't mind breaks making a return, anything less [erm, more? lol] would just be unacceptable [not really, but quite saddening]

Yes, and they happened as often (and mattered as much) as Danger Time. Which is probably why they didn't bring them back in Xrd.

Well, the "Burst" icon's design and font has changed. We can now confirm this is now officially an update/revision.

Yes, and they happened as often (and mattered as much) as Danger Time. Which is probably why they didn't bring them back in Xrd.

Having a throw tech option enables fuzzy throw os even though its a super small window

Its not redundant

for those concerned that Johnny has lost ensenga:

they did give him air mist finer. it could be that his moves out of air mist finers replace things like ensenga. moreover, that would mean that his air options would be powered by coins.

that might mean he would go through them faster, however having an overdrive named treasure hunt kinda sounds like he might have a way to replenish them mid match now.

i guess we'll know soon anyway

Having a throw tech option enables fuzzy throw os even though its a super small window

Its not redundant

Would you mind elaborating on the OS?  I think it would be beneficial for people not informed to understand it better.  

* woah woah woah WHAT WHY ARE THEIR BURST ICONS BLUE? I doubt it's just an aesthetic change as in some of the screenshots, one character's Burst icon is the original orange color while the other's Burst icon is blue. Wonder what this means exactly?

Kinda looks like it's to differentiate players using easy controls or normal controls looking at the colors in the control mode selection.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like orange isn't full while blue is.

full burst = orange

full burst AND 50% tension or more = blue (to signal you, that burst-OD is possible)

Its not redundant

If they keep the tech system consistent and it requires a 4/6+H input, there's really not much room for option selects aside from what's already in the game.

Because from a design standpoint PRC is retarded?

It's not. It's there for consistency's sake. Which other color should you get if you cancel a move during its recovery and the opponent is in a neutral state?

PRC is more of a "you fucked up your timing" thing anyway, not something you can really take advantage of if you get it.

lol@Jack'O's command list

lol@people missing the point of GG's throw techs

Just looking at Jack-O's command list(and her ghosts or whatever they are) makes me feel like that she will be 1.0 Kokonoe tier broken

Just looking at Jack-O's command list(and her ghosts or whatever they are) makes me feel like that she will be 1.0 Kokonoe tier broken

And you're making this wild assumption about balance based on what again?

And the point of the location test is ?