Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Because Danger Time is gone and they need something to hate.

Apparently it's still there according to Ain, which makes the exclusion from the play manual really odd.

It's a Jackass reference (Jackass+Steve-O).

So from what I've read, could you say that Jack-O''s ghosts work kind of like Peacock's bombs? each traveling a different trajectory? 

Really? I thouht it was a Helloween reference. inb4 what you said was a joke

Apparently it's still there according to Ain, which makes the exclusion from the play manual really odd.

Well, seeing that counter-blitz was not included either, it's believable. Though Danger Time is a bit larger of an omission. Those manuals are just for the tests though. Usually hanging next to the cabinet for people to get a quick reference. They're not final in any sense.

Round starts with a camera rotating downward in this version

and I was about to say "BRING BACK THE ZOOM EFFECT FROM XX"

this works too

I wonder if we can get a listen to her and Johnny's theme:ooo

Considering her voice isn't yet in the game, I doubt either her theme or Johnny's are in the game yet.

Of course there is.....

That's why I wrote "aside from what's already in the game", and "assuming it requires a 4/6+H input". Maybe I should have clarified with "aside from the option selects that are already in the game". If they continue to allow you to break throws with more than one button like they did in AC you would be able to do the questionably useful option select of 4+XH as a throw break, but as someone already mentioned, you're not going to reversal throw with 4H+S, and if you plink it you'll just get 4H. I know you know that too, so are we speculating about some other addition to the throw system?

Why the fuck are people hating PRCs all of a sudden

It was literally me. Don't go saying "wtf is wrong with you people" when one person said that they didn't like it.

Jesus Christ

Considering her voice isn't yet in the game, I doubt either her theme or Johnny's are in the game yet.

Sad:(

More Jack-O' stuff from Hiago

Jack-O'
- Ghost bags "level up" according to how long they stay on screen but spend more ghost gauge accordingly.
- Overhead and strike throw both look slow
- Organ's explosion explodes both bags and ghosts
- All of Jack O's Minions disappear if she gets hit
- 5HS first hit has jump cancel
- 2HS last hit has jump cancel
- 6P > 5S > aerial combo > strike throw is a thing (melty BLOOD)
- Wasn't mentioned in the loketest pdf but she has a 6HS
- Rushdown attack (2D) is slow but has invul

It's a Jackass reference (Jackass+Steve-O).

So from what I've read, could you say that Jack-O''s ghosts work kind of like Peacock's bombs? each traveling a different trajectory? 

Looking at that small 20 second video of her gameplay, they're sort of similar in terms of trajectory. But the speed of the minions is different (There aren't really any fast options like Peacocks) and their function unknown. Maybe at higher levels, their speed might increase? But right now, they don't really function like Peacock's bombs. They just seem like great space control 

So what's the difference between a ghost and a bag? I presume ghosts mean the servants?

Correct. And the servants come from the bags she places on the ground. You can check out the tweet with the 20 second video on the last page to see it in action

Why the fuck are people hating PRCs all of a sudden

It only takes one snowball to cause an avalanche

Holy crap, I think I am in love (that win-pose sequence, oh my everything). I mean, under normal circumstances, "cutsey" characters never register on my radar. Yet the more I see of Jack-O', the more my anticipation rises. Either the planets aligned or some other cosmic force is at work here, but never before have I wanted to play a character as much as I do now.

Looking at it from my perspective, her set-ups remind me of Kokonoe but with a twist of Rachel mixed in what with summoning minions. Of course, that's simply covering impressions. I'm sure there's FAR more to it than that.

And big thanks to everyone gathering this info. Without you, many of us would be left out in the dark m(_._)m.

Seems Booty Lady plays like an Overture character.

GIVE MOAR.

'Changed something about sword setups'  - Ramlethal

If they could any more vague i'd honest to god be impressed, 'Changed something about her' - Ramlethal, 'Maybe changed something about a character?' - Someone?

Jack-O' stuff seems a bit off and she seems a bit slow/short ranged. Will need to see someone with some lab time on her before we probably can start to see her moves work well together. 

It was literally me. Don't go saying "wtf is wrong with you people" when one person said that they didn't like it.

Jesus Christ

You make it sound like a challenge...

Also Jack-O's normals are unconventional as fuck