Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

whhhhyyyyyy

I will break them down.

Ground

5D regular dust

2D a shoryuken like move

Air

5D a downward angle projectile. " rapid fire up to 3"

2D a dive similar to Leo's and Bridal express

Common

6D a command grab where she put you inside a coffin like thing and suplex you.

4D a command attack with a long range where she eats you with that steel pumpkin like ball then spits you.

His her reception positive, or is it gonna be like Ram where for the first month everyone was just convinced she was crap till a later date?

It's not easy to judge this early.

I will break them down.

Ground

5D regular dust

2D a shoryuken like move

Air

Common

4D a command attack with a long range where she eats you with that steel pumpkin like ball then spits you.

So each and every one of these attacks will eat up Tension? Hmm, not sure if I like that; gotta wait until there's more footage of her playing at a higher level I guess.

Thanks for translations/interpretations you've done today!

This isn't i translation.

I just tried her out

wow that's even better then

My bad for getting it wrong.

Johnny just keeps sounding more and more terrifying as reports roll in. I love it.

I'm not going to celebrate though since these apparent broken things will likely be rectified in the 2nd loketest.

Was really hoping Jack-O would have bad normals and slow startup on her specials, which I'm happy it seems to be the case, we need more keepaway and less gorilla normals characters since we have so many already. Her gameplay looks pretty unique, and looking forward to giving her a shot.

Someone sent me a message with a link to the twitter "Rebirth_Baiken" though earlier, I thought it was about Baiken being revealed, but disappointed it turned out to be Jack-O.

"You were expecting Baiken, but it was I, Jack-O!"

whhhhyyyyyy

I will break them down.

Ground

5D regular dust

2D a shoryuken like move

Air

Common

Jack-O' spending Tension on D-button attacks strikes me as really meter heavy. Which leads me to the question: can she gain Tension from her minions? I assume she has methods to gain an absurd amount of it somehow because expending 10-15% on normals is just asking for trouble considering you need it for other things like FD and, more importantly, RCs.

Throw breaks are in? Wicked!

Now they just need to remove mash to tech and just use hold. Seriously, I hate it so goddamn much :V

Last page of the Famitsu article has an interview with Daisuke Ishiwatari and he drops some info bits.
- Johnny was the most requested character, so they decided to add him.

- Jack-O' is imaged after a toy box. It's cute and has all sorts of cool stuff popping out from it. Jack-O' is a character series has yet to see.
- Elphelt brought elements from FPS-games. Jack-O' brings elements from RTS-games. 

- Updates on the graphics: 
Shaders on the characters have been changed. 

Rim light has been added (a light to ensure the character's borderlines stand out)

Contrast and colors on a character changes in different stages. 

"Point light source" has also been added (Gunflame shines in a dark stage and when it hits the opponent they also start to shine from the flames)

- Ishiwatari would like to hold as many loketests as possible. Listening to people's opinion and adjusting just once doesn't necessarily lead to a good result.

- REVELATOR's story starts after the events of SIGN's story mode. "Merciless Apocalypse" finally makes its move...

- REVELATOR's story is supposed to settle everything else than the fight between "That Man"

Her D attacks aren't normals

My bad, it's early in the morning here and just waking up.

But can she gain Tension from her minions/interacting with the bags?

Last page of the Famitsu article has an interview with Daisuke and he drops some info bits.

- Johnny was the most requested character, so they decided to add him.

- Jack-O' is imaged after a toy box. It's cute and has all sorts of cool stuff popping out from it. Jack-O' is a character series has yet to see.

- Elphelt brought elements from FPS-games. Jack-O' brings elements from RTS-games. 

- Updates on the graphics: 

Shaders on the characters have been changed. 

Rim light has been added (a light to ensure the character's borderlines stand out)

Contrast and colors on a character changes in different stages. 

"Point light source" has also been added (Gunflame shines in a dark stage and when it hits the opponent they also start to shine from the flames)

- Would like to hold as many loketests as possible. Listening to people's opinion and adjusting just once doesn't necessarily lead to a good result.

- REVELATOR's story starts after the events of SIGN's story mode. "Merciless Apocalypse" finally makes its move...

- REVELATOR's story is supposed to settle everything else than the fight between "That Man"

Awesome. So REVELATOR is less an "update" and straight up sequel? I'm good with that. And yes, the more loketests the better I'd think. It may delay the game's release a bit but I'd imagine it'd be all the better for it.

I heard that throw breaks are not really throw breaks, but rather just a way to make two people who throw on the same frame return to neutral.

Seeing how openly Daisuke talks about story makes me sure it'll be a new disc (why did I ever think otherwise?), but somewhat hopeful that it will hit consoles sooner than -SIGN- did.

same animation

non-hellfire powered up TR 50-55% on chipp

hellfire powered up anal probe 80% on jacko

Holy shit, that seems too good.

Holy shit, that seems too good.

Depends on whether this is 50-55% of the health bar (visually) or 50-55% of actual health (which would be faar more).

I heard that throw breaks are not really throw breaks, but rather just a way to make two people who throw on the same frame return to neutral.

What exactly is the difference? :E

Doublepost.

As an aside, check out these screenshots of Johnny's victory animation.

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/080/210/l_55713f0926844.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/080/210/l_55713f0ce0089.jpg

Is that battle damage I see?

Yeah i forget to mention that.

Characters gets scratches and dirt on their face and clothes when they take a lot of damage.

It looked really good on Ky.

According to Koichi, Elphelt doesn't have any change noticeable.

No idea though whether the Leo damage nerf is true or not. Any example/explanation that was tweaked concerning him ?

I'm hoping that +R's Steam port did well enough for them to consider Revelator getting a PC port closer to launch, but they'll probably end up porting SIGN first.