Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I'm hoping that +R's Steam port did well enough for them to consider Revelator getting a PC port closer to launch, but they'll probably end up porting SIGN first.

I don't want dumb people to get their hand on these piece of art 3D models.

KIng of heart,  please can u test  2 things:
Jo air mf  have big recovery or not?
And what happens when jo hit air 2 ground with mf? Any special effects on hit?  

What exactly is the difference? :E

Some games (including Arc games) allow for breaking throws a few frames after they happen. I hope that REVELATOR sticks to at most the AC style window, if any window at all.

Also, I definitely think battle damage might be a thing now. Looking at Famitsu screens, Jack-O' and Johnny's win poses have them all dirty and ragged. That would be a really cool detail to add, but makes me even more worried (along with dynamic lighting) that PS3 will not see this one, but maybe again it will have a toggle for graphical fidelity (or will just be toned down overall).

It seems that they want to make sure that everyone knows that these are just location tests:

l_55713f01d88b3.jpg

Glad to see those back, I was sad to see them go after the very first Sign loketest.

Liking all the subtle visual details they're adding so far, hope PS3 is getting them as well.

Since Johnny steals discs and pillows, does that mean that he steals everyone's favorite items? How devious of him.

Glad to see those back, I was sad to see them go after the very first Sign loketest.

Liking all the subtle visual details they're adding so far, hope PS3 is getting them as well.

Since Johnny steals discs and pillows, does that mean that he steals everyone's favorite items? How devious of him.

Yeah the record is from Sol.

So it's probably a "Queen Album"

Yeah the record is from Sol.

So it's probably a "Queen Album"

When my father and I will have some time I'll take a look at his Queen LP collection (includes most albums, singles and other releases before 2001) and look whether there's something with a butterfly or something similar on one of the records.

Also, king of heart, since you played it, how does the dynamic lighting look? Is it really as good in motion as it appears on the screenshots?

It's soooo beautiful

I'm curious how they pulled it off. When watching the GDC art-talk I recall multiple mentions of how hard and overall disjointing from the 2D feel it would be to add dynamic light sources, but now they did it and it supposedly works... I'm scared to think where will ASW take this tech if they ever move on to something more powerful, like UE4 or something.

Judging by a screenshot I saw from famitsu it seems Revelator only has 6 colors per character. That could all change though, who knows.

I'm curious how they pulled it off. When watching the GDC art-talk I recall multiple mentions of how hard and overall disjointing from the 2D feel it would be to add dynamic light sources, but now they did it and it supposedly works... I'm scared to think where will ASW take this tech if they ever move on to something more powerful, like UE4 or something.

UE3 is the best fit for this shading technique, though. You have to rip out the entirity of UE4's new deferred shading model and replace it with something that approaches UE3's forward shading model. Honestly it'll look *exactly* the same.

I don't want dumb people to get their hand on these piece of art 3D models.

The PS3 models are already out there, but you need some knowledge to actually make the stuff look good and work well in a 3D modelling application. Dumb people can't write the shader nor set up a proper animation rig to actually make the models look like they do ingame, so rest assured!

same animation

non-hellfire powered up TR 50-55% on chipp

hellfire powered up anal probe 80% on jacko

Some theory-crafting below this point..

Max. damage roll on Faust's kancho super: 180 (Worst case scenario)

Hellfire state adds 20%: 180 * 1.2 = 216

Assuming Jack-O' has 1.0x defense rating and no GUTS modifier from low health:

Damage increase from regular kancho super and dust kancho super:
420 * 0.8 = 336 --Damage you witnessed
336  / 216 = 1.555x damage boost

So spending your dust gives you a 55.5% damage increase in Hellfire state in our worst case scenario with the given assumptions. Obviously the given 80% isn't super accurate and I have no idea about Jack-O's defense rating, but at least it's something to put in perspective. Non Hellfire state should give you about ~50%. (420 * 0.8 * 0.8 = ~269,  269 / 180 = 49.44% increase)

Again, assuming that damage multipliers are the same for every character, here's some Slayer stuff below.

:SL: Slayer calculations  :SL: 

Regular dust DOT: 140 * 1.5 = 210 damage

Hellfire dust DOT: 140 * 1.2 * 1.555 =  261.24 damage

It'd be great if they just added colors. I don't want them to remove my beloved color 7, I'd, like, get mad for a minute and have to find a new one!

50+% damage increase on OD Boost with Hellfire sounds good. Might make it more viable to go for a OD as an ender. I also want to know if you can OD Boost Dragon Installed Hellfire Tyrant Rave and if Chipp survives this with at least a little bit of RISC, haha. I'm all for new ways to use Burst offensively.

For now it's the same basic colors from -Sign-

Hoping they change them

Well thats sucks.

Is Revelator at Mikado?

I wonder, what will they do to slayer now, since you know.... his VA kicked the bucket.

They could hire a new VA but the old one is very iconic to slayer.

It seems that they want to make sure that everyone knows that these are just location tests:

l_55713f01d88b3.jpg

My god downtown is soooo pretty

The stages all look neat. There's a lot more lighting on them, they're all either brighter or darker. The effect is great, the lighting effects themselves look really good and hide the rather low quality textures on most of the objects well.

Really impressed with the graphic upgrade too but I'm pretty sure they will release it on PS3 even if it means to downgrade the graphics a little. At this point they can't afford to release the game only on PS4, maybe they should jump to PC and X1 too, at least for the Western market.

What exactly is the difference? :E

That usually a human can't mash exactly in the first frame to tech, so holding the button makes everything easier, now, which direction you tech and if there's gonna be an air throw because of this, well that's another story.

Jack-O

Standing normals seems to be mostly jump cancelable.

She gains a lot of tension by just setting pumpkins.

6HS is 2 hits that she can combo into from S and both hits are special and jump cancelable and it wall bounce on counter hit.

king of heart can you plz tell me if after air zweihander , johnny can place bacchus sight safely ? any recoin combos to hard knockdown ? thanks