Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Oh yes, and while I'm at it did they fix:

---BS glitch with Potemkin's ICPM? (If you air BlitzShield the first few frames of ICPM you get "pushed" out of the stage plane and start floating around and even falling off the stage).
---Headless Dragon Install Sol during Potemkin's Instant Kill (Yeah that needs fixing!)

---BS glitch with Potemkin's ICPM? (If you air BlitzShield the first few frames of ICPM you get "pushed" out of the stage plane and start floating around and even falling off the stage).

this was fixed for 1.04 on consoles, not sure about arcade 1.1

Sorry i my phone's battery died while i was there.

I overstayed there and skipped Mikado.

I will try to answer each question:

I asked this but I forgot to quote you lol how does Jack-O flow in real fights? as in, how does she work in tandem with her summons etc?

I played some matches against JT which is known for his fast character learning ability.

She has to set these pumpkin bags and try to get as many Minions as possible and level them up.
for example ground Minions start with a wooden stick and can be killed with one hit.

on level 2 they carry spears and on level 3 they carry a trident and hit three times and you have to hit them "2 or 3 times not sure."

(and someone asked about this before) Minions don't die if Jack-O blocked so a Jack-O player must be really good at blocking and Minions will keep intercepting your block strings mix ups etc.

("I did miss around with her" when she end up her aerial combos with her command hit then throw them down Minions will hit the opponent before thye go to Knock down state and she can relaunch into another air combo)

I faced some moments where there were around 8 or 9 lv2 and lv3 Minions on screen and they ganged up on me and all i could do is to block because they hit in order and not at once.

couldn't play that much because i kept wining to the point  JT got really angry and kicked my ass with Sin lol.

What do you mean "tick throws work"?  The offense in SF4 is anemic, it could not be more painfully slow.  Most characters who in the first two years had any chance of being high tier simply had powerful ways around the throw break (dive kick, dp fadc into stupid damage in earlier version).  It wasn't until a slew of option select came around grounding every option that you have that basic throws began to have value without the anti crouch tech moves.  I don't know what purple throws are in CS, so I can't comment and don't really care.  The only reason it sorta might need a throw break is because the whiff animation is so small and you have no air control for most chars.

For your second point, the defender has a recourse.  It's counter throw.  That's why you are throw invul for 4 frames coming out blockstun, that so you will win the dual throw attempts.  In fact, for this situation you go for the throw early because you are the defender, you get the throw, putting millia in a very bad spot considering her defensive options (character dependent).  If throw breaks were added, instead of taking millia to the ground for damage and likely corner mixups you get a throw break. Whooooooo...  What throw breaks DO allow is for you is if you are less confident in your throw guess, you can throw a bit later and still get the break.  This makes it harder for the opponent on offense to guess your throwing frames and tag you with a low, exponentially harder for every frame of throw break window added.  What we have right now is a system that prevents the guaranteed offensive throw if you call it out, and rewards the person who had the better timing/was willing to commit more.  What throw breaking introduces is a hold your hand "close enough" system, that halts the flow to a grinding stop and forcefully places you in neutral.  1-2 frames isn't horrible, but why even bother?  All it does is weaken the normal throw game, yawn.  Guilty gear has powerful fucking throws, that is a cornerstone reason the offense feels so tight and fast.

Bison's entire gameplan is block or throw. He has no mixups. He gets no throws without ticks. You CAN tickthrow in SFIV-series. Because the throw system is designed for it. At the bolded: Lol. Purple throws are throws executed on an opponent during blockstun or hitstun. No waiting for recovery. Just DO IT. Against people with slow reactions or people who weren't paying attention, Hakumen ate WELL off that shit.

Throw breaks reset into neutral. Why are people so against a game having neutral? It's like people want neutral, one mistake, combo, setplay, Let's Rock. I don't see how it could weaken the normal throw game. It's 1-2 Frames. I can tell you right now, I can't react to a damned thing in 1-2 Frames. I'll only ever get a throw break if I coincidentally went for a counter throw. If I don't get a throw break, I was either late and got thrown or I was early and got a throw. Throw animations are ALL long enough to react to and combo off of, either with meter (Slayer, Ky, etc) or without meter (Millia, Leo, etc). So, if one of us wins the throw/break situation, either of us will be able to capitalize on it. If it was 13F like in Blazblue for normal throws and 27F (HOLY SHIT) for Purple Throws, I can see it weakening the normal throw game, but with 1-2 Frames, it'll only ever happen if you were going for the throw anyway.

---Headless Dragon Install Sol during Potemkin's Instant Kill (Yeah that needs fixing!)

Like the I.C.P.M. glitch, this was fixed in consumer Version 1.05, so it was presumably also fixed in arcade Ver.1.11.

1.: Yeah, another "Location Test" flag. 

2.: That does not look like a new mechanic to me. I think it is something like a photo finish. Leo and Chipp were both very low on health and both attacked at the some moment, but they don't clash. It is an awesome looking visualisation how close it was.

Lol that's me on the left cab

Any thoughts on what happened there at the end? To me it looked like a "stylish finish" that occurs under certain circumstances (like say, having both characters in Hellfire mode and ending in a counterhit) and less like a new mechanic. It kind of reminds me of that Xrd SIGN reveal when Sol and Ky clash their swords and the camera zooms around them.

Any thoughts on what happened there at the end? To me it looked like a "stylish finish" that occurs under certain circumstances (like say, having both characters in Hellfire mode and ending in a counterhit) and less like a new mechanic. It kind of reminds me of that Xrd SIGN reveal when Sol and Ky clash their swords and the camera zooms around them.

Yeah it happened to me today.

it seems that it happens when both player are one pixel away from death and they press buttons on the same time 

I know it isn't that obvious but i was trying to come up a practical Dust > Dash combo with Sol

Yeah it happened to me today.

it seems that it happens when both player are one pixel away from death and they press buttons on the same time

I know it isn't that obvious but i was trying to come up a practical Dust > Dash combo with Sol

How'd that go lol

How does that work anyway? Does the enemy keep tumbling on the ground after the first hit, or do they get launched (like if you hit them with Fafnir>5HS)? How many times can you repeat a move (three like after Homing Jump)? This mechanic sounds very similar to Azrael's Charger combos, I don't imagine you could get anything better than 5HS a few times and then Bringer or something.

Holy shit they made the prettiest game ever look even prettier.

And the 'orange is the new timer' timer isn't so bad, its still seems rather easy to see how much time is left

How does that work anyway? Does the enemy keep tumbling on the ground after the first hit, or do they get launched (like if you hit them with Fafnir>5HS)? How many times can you repeat a move (three like after Homing Jump)? This mechanic sounds very similar to Azrael's Charger combos, I don't imagine you could get anything better than 5HS a few times and then Bringer or something.

Opponent keeps rolling for a certain amount of time.

you get free 3 random cancels into specials but not from specials.

IE you can HS into Fafnir which isn't possible usually ( but it will not do anything since the opponent is rolling already.

and Bringer won't hit since it's way slower than Greed savior.

Some combo examples.

Dust > forward :

*5HS>5HS>5HS>2HS>IAD j.P>j.HS> V.V

*2D>2D>2D>GF>5S>5HS>IAD j.P>j.HS> V.V

*2D>GF>2S>(jump install)2HS>hgc j.S>jc j.S>j.HS> V.V

It does look damn good, I like the new timer and health bars.

I think I'll have to get this version for PS4 because the PS3 version sure doesn't look like that even though both PS3 and arcade are supposed to be '720p', probably the only thing 720p in the PS3 version is the backgrounds.

I dont know if if anyone noticed or mentioned it but "Jack-O" was the name of an old horror film in which the villain wore a jack o lantern mask similar to jack-O`, she may be (probably not) a reference to that.

I dont know if if anyone noticed or mentioned it but "Jack-O" was the name of an old horror film in which the villain wore a jack o lantern mask similar to jack-O`, she may be (probably not) a reference to that.

Google that name and you will know

probably the only thing 720p in the PS3 version is the backgrounds.

Uhh, I'm pretty sure graphics don't work like that.

They don't. The resolution is what the game itself as rendered at.

720p is poopoo, by the way. Not sure what gave you the impression it's anything more than a blurry mess on any decently sized TV/monitor.