Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

all I want for revelator is the p4au lobby system, jfc

I fucking go crazy every time there's a full lobby, and I see people using half the tables. At least give lobby option to force even numbers of people to go to a different table, or best out of X option.

Try making 2 person lobbies and people just rejoin over and over when you decide you want to play someone else.

Whole system makes me and half the people I know never want to play outside of private lobbies, which just killed public lobbies even more. Makes it impossible to get into the groove of anything when you play 1 game per person, or play 1 game and then sit in line for 5-20 minutes.

This won't be PS4 only right? ...right?

I really wish people would say the same thing about SFV

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

all I want for revelator is the p4au lobby system, jfc

I fucking go crazy every time there's a full lobby, and I see people using half the tables. At least give lobby option to force even numbers of people to go to a different table, or best out of X option.

Try making 2 person lobbies and people just rejoin over and over when you decide you want to play someone else.

Whole system makes me and half the people I know never want to play outside of private lobbies, which just killed public lobbies even more. Makes it impossible to get into the groove of anything when you play 1 game per person, or play 1 game and then sit in line for 5-20 minutes.

Personally I like being able to spectate, it was pretty annoying that you couldn't do that in Persona.

The stages in general just look so much better in terms of color and general contrasts. They all also evoke more of a traditional Guilty Gear aesthetic for me. I find -SIGN-'s stages to be largely horrible. 

4gamer locke test report with some images. They have an interview with Daisuke too.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/303/G030342/20150608031/

I'm horrible at Japanese but here's a few things I managed to take away from that article

• Jack-O was made playable for two reasons.  The first is that she's going to be very significant to the story later on, and the second is that the gameplay style they came up with her is something that had never been done in a fighting game before.
  • He mentions Raven by name, and assuming I have the context right it looks like he's aware of the requests to make him playable.  However, he cannot talk about the story for the time being.
  • Blitz Shield was changed because people were having a hard time finding robust uses for it.
  • Burst gauge was "enhanced" and whether that means it was made bigger or had more options (such as enhanced overdrives) I can't tell because I'm combining my shitty rune skills with Google translate.
  • Enhanced OD exists because they wanted to make use of the burst gauge as an offensive option in addition to the defensive it's known for.  
  • Right now enhanced ODs are minor things like damage increase, but depending on reception that may change.

That's all I got and I'm not even sure how much of that is correct.  I'll leave it to the pros from here on out.

The stages in general just look so much better in terms of color and general contrasts. They all also evoke more of a traditional Guilty Gear aesthetic for me. I find -SIGN-'s stages to be largely horrible. 

They're not "horrible" just a throwback to the first few games.

Neo New York > reference to the original Destroyed New York in GG1 (Sol's old stage)

Opera House > reference to Nirvana stages / summoning stage for Assassins throughout the series in GG1

Downtown > reference to Phantom City (Zappa's/Faust's original stage)

Zepp Center Arsenal > reference to the original Zepp stage from GG1

Edinburgh Magica Polis > Since you're "on a train" it's an Axl Low thing to be near trains in stages, and Edinburgh is close to U.K. anyway.

Villa Vampire > Subtle nods to Slayer's old "Castle" stage.

Royal Court > slight references here and there to the original "Paris" stage that Sol and Ky used to spar at.

Mayship II > Obviously a nod to the original Mayship stages.

Dragonica Falls > a nod to the "Grave" stage (Kliff Undersn), but also has hints towards Millia's old GG1 stage near a bunch of trees next to an old mansion in Russia.

Colony > Pretty obvious nod to older Colony stages.

Nightmare Theater > small references to the old "Hell" stages, but that doubles for the changes being made in Opera House in Revelator.

Japan > A very subtle "Evangelion" reference, but also a nod to early "Hell" stages.

5th Skywalk > A reference to the GG2 Overture Illyrian Castle scene, but also to Millia's Russia stage... also the "rain stage" is a reference to GG2 Rain options as well.

Babylon in 5 Years > A nod to Order Sol's A.D. 2172 stage AND I-No's original Babylon stage from a slight distance.

Central Organ Tower > Another nod to Order Sol's wrecked stage A.D. 2172.

I'm horrible at Japanese but here's a few things I managed to take away from that article

• Blitz Shield was changed because people were having a hard time finding robust uses for it.
  • Burst gauge was "enhanced" and whether that means it was made bigger or had more options (such as enhanced overdrives) I can't tell because I'm combining my shitty rune skills with Google translate.

I remember hearing that Blitz shielding gives you back a ton of your burst gauge in Revelator. This may mean that the back and forth Blitz fights may get you an almost immediate burst recovery or something like that.

I remember hearing that Blitz shielding gives you back a ton of your burst gauge in Revelator. This may mean that the back and forth Blitz fights may get you an almost immediate burst recovery or something like that.

That's probably why they give us this new Blitz attack that cannot be counter-Blitzed. You're probably sacrificing a little damage (or a lot, depending on the situation) for the safety from counter-BS and preventing your opponent from gaining their Burst back. 

Unless the new BS attack has been de-confirmed as unblitzable, then I'm sorry, I'm referring to old info. 

Awesome translation. So basically the follow up to the blitz shield comes out regardless if you counter the opponent or not. I wonder how fast the attack comes out and if it'd help to get you out of some setups. 

You can get hit out during the attack .

It's pretty slow.

And you can block it if you didn't counter blitz.

Kingdom is it like a charge move and do u have to do it? Like how blitz shield is now ppl are baiting counter blitz and what not. Do u have that option or no?

You can get hit out during the attack .

It's pretty slow.

And you can block it if you didn't counter blitz.

Kingdom is it like a charge move and do u have to do it? Like how blitz shield is now ppl are baiting counter blitz and what not. Do u have that option or no?

The follow-up attack is not mandatory, but it is chargeable. From the looks of things, you get the crumple even without charging. Also, the follow-up attack has a hefty amount of initial proration.

So when you successfully BS, you can:

A)  Do this new move that can't be counter blitzed, but it prorates your damage heavily.

B)  Go into another move which can be counter blitzed but gets you more damage if they don't.

C)  Go into super so they can't counter blitz, but you have to have 75% up front.

Sounds good to me.

So when you successfully BS, you can:

A)  Do this new move that can't be counter blitzed, but it prorates your damage heavily.

B)  Go into another move which can be counter blitzed but gets you more damage if they don't.

C)  Go into super so they can't counter blitz, but you have to have 75% up front.

Sounds good to me.

I believe you need 62.5% up front; doesn't a successful Rejected grant you back half your blitz shield's cost?

I'm hearing split mechanics on the blitz charge; if you successfully blitz someone, is it a guarenteed combo with the charge move?