Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

But with yrc, that timing is all sorts of screwed. Your best way to tell if you're even getting up yet is if they got a RRC or YRC on your wakeup, but that's 50f+ that they have to input a YRC, and a lot of those wakeup frames look the same. Maybe its my personal wish, but its not like every character can mash 623x and get a DP to a moderately high success

Hey, I can block. The issue I have isnt exclusive to that, but also mistiming or receiving mistimed oki. Those are more obscure but if I'm the only one I'll just keep my opinions to myself

Wasn't trying to be condescending, just saying that even with all the defensive options some characters have sometimes just old fashioned blocking is good.  At least, that's what I'm most comfortable doing.

Guilty Gear is full of weird varied wakeup timings that you had to just memorize, I doubt they'd change anything about that.

But with yrc, that timing is all sorts of screwed. Your best way to tell if you're even getting up yet is if they got a RRC or YRC on your wakeup, but that's 50f+ that they have to input a YRC, and a lot of those wakeup frames look the same. Maybe its my personal wish, but its not like every character can mash 623x and get a DP to a moderately high success

um you can totally see yourself getting up without time slow.

also then don't mash it? Time it.

Hey, I can block. The issue I have isnt exclusive to that, but also mistiming or receiving mistimed oki. Those are more obscure but if I'm the only one I'll just keep my opinions to myself

Learn the timing

stop wishing they will fundamentally change the game to suit you and learn the game

Honestly though the wakeup timings is pretty important in my opinion, because it makes matchups more dynamic and plus if you could just mash out the exact same oki and setups against every character that would be pretty silly in my opinion.  If you're comparing it to BB, that's not quite fair because BB has a tech system that GG does not, so it's a different ballgame.

No, I love the wakeups in the game, just the obscurity of them makes things... annoying to me. 34 wakeup timings is a bit rediculous to have 100% memorized though, its not like every character is equally represented.

And what's with the immediate dick mode that switches people on when someone posts somethinf another doesnt agree with?

Well I guess I feel you, it's kind of annoying but it's a necessary evil in my opinion.  I wouldn't want to play a GG where things like getup time and weight were universal.  It might be easier to get into and a lot less confusing, but I don't know if it would be as good.  

No, I love the wakeups in the game, just the obscurity of them makes things... annoying to me. 34 wakeup timings is a bit rediculous to have 100% memorized though, its not like every character is equally represented.

And what's with the immediate dick mode that switches people on when someone posts somethinf another doesnt agree with?

Training mode

Also I'm not trying to be a dick I'm just telling you how it is. A bunch of your complaints are unfounded and those that aren't are about things so fundamental to the game that it's not going to change so you can hold that and learn the game

What I said wasnt so inportant to warrant this discussion though so whatever lol. I brought it up because easier inputs honestly made things more annoying for me that I hoped for alternatives (239 giving me 2369 consistently) but eh.

If we wanna talk about confirmed changes, I'm honestly surprised that they buffed blitz. The only thing I think needed changing is the OS for blitzbacks

What I said wasnt so inportant to warrant this discussion though so whatever lol. I brought it up because easier inputs honestly made things more annoying for me that I hoped for alternatives (239 giving me 2369 consistently) but eh.

If we wanna talk about confirmed changes, I'm honestly surprised that they buffed blitz. The only thing I think needed changing is the OS for blitzbacks

239? What's that input for and why wouldn't 2369 work.

Or was it a typo and do you mean you get 2369 when trying to do 236

Oh or do you mean you want 239 to register as 2369

I use 239 for forward superjump, but lately I have to do it in a really awkward manner to get sj.P instead of 2369P

Why do you need the 3? also how do you input 239 without hitting 6? Are you using a hitbox or something

But yeah okay I feel you, I super jump by rotating the stick and if I press buttons too fast I get specials but that's not because of a buffer, it's just my sloppy inputs.

I use hitbox, yeah lol. I huess that makes it controller specific, so godly IB skills come at the price of accidental tk specials.

But seriously, why did blitz have to be buffed? I feel like I watched some Nakamura rounds where he was just blitzing EVERYTHING and turning it into a 1P game

For a short while after the 1.05 dropped I'd constantly get an accidental instant air dash after Bukkirabou ni Nageru when trying to go WT> 2HS > j.6HS (to get a throw if they Burst or j.HS if not), which made me eat a Burst to the face when I had a good read on my opponent doing it far too many times (seriously though, why do people still Burst right after the post-WT launch it, that's asking for it). I kind of got used to doing it a little bit more careful (or just go for j.4HS instead), but for a while it was annoying.

I sometimes still get an air dash instead of a forward air throw from a running start, which also kind of screws up my game when it happens. I'm not complaining much though, because now I can consistently get the jump cancel IAD and super jump cancel IAD combos that were totally improbable in anything more than 2f stable delay before.

But seriously, why did blitz have to be buffed? I feel like I watched some Nakamura rounds where he was just blitzing EVERYTHING and turning it into a 1P game

FAB is 19th Dan with Potemkin in 1.0

Potemkin is broken

I use hitbox, yeah lol. I huess that makes it controller specific, so godly IB skills come at the price of accidental tk specials.

I have an advice for that since I use something similar to hitbox. Hold the direction you want to jump before jumping, like [6]28 instead of 239, it's impossible to get a tk doing that motion.

FAB is 19th Dan with Potemkin in 1.0

Potemkin is broken

Nerf Pot? xD but FAB is one of the most enjoyable players to watch because Pot is so bad. It makes me kinda wish they never buff Pot because... well FAB is perma S-tier

Nerf Pot? xD but FAB is one of the most enjoyable players to watch because Pot is so bad. It makes me kinda wish they never buff Pot because... well FAB is perma S-tier

And Nakamura isn't ?