Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

Nakamura is godlike, but when you compare S-tier player making S-tier character look godlike, and S-tier player making B-tier look godlike, which one -appears- more impressive? Its mostly just the comparison.

Nakamura is godlike, but when you compare S-tier player making S-tier character look godlike, and S-tier player making B-tier look godlike, which one -appears- more impressive? Its mostly just the comparison.

If you didn't realize he was making the point that you saying "why is blitz being buffed nakamura was blowing people up with it" is fallacious

Im confused as to how me saying that Nakamura using and abusing the shit out of blitz in 1.1 equates to "didnt get enough use, buff it". The fact that I brought up Nakamura means NOTHING.

But seriously, why did blitz have to be buffed? I feel like I watched some Nakamura rounds where he was just blitzing EVERYTHING and turning it into a 1P game

Why is blitz getting buffed, nakamura was using it so well

Pot shouldn't be buffed, FAB beats everybody with him

You see

The FAB thing was a joke... you didn't get that? What part of "it almost makes me wish" didnt give that out? God this forum is more dry than the Sahara.

Like I said, the only reason why I said Nakamura was because I had watched a video recently with Nakamura in it, and he went for the blitz almost every time. If someone just has a consious knowledge of blitz, they can make it work extremely well.

No I'm saying king of heart was telling you your statement was fallacious by mocking you with his fab example, I was just telling you that because you seemed to be completely missing his point, but then, hilariously, you completely missed mine as well

I'm not talking about your response to him

How are you not following, you really think he'd quote a statement about blitz and nakamura and just randomly talk about fab?

Why are we getting off topic from my conversation about blitz? The Nakamura statement wasn't a specific case, and successful uses of multiple blitz doesn't show up in only high level play. There was no reason to bring up an arguement of "top level player makes x look good" when any person can make good use of blitz.

Why are we getting off topic from my conversation about blitz? The Nakamura statement wasn't a specific case, and successful uses of multiple blitz doesn't show up in only high level play. There was no reason to bring up an arguement of "top level player makes x look good" when any person can make good use of blitz.

I was just going to post once to tell you what kingofheart meant but you completely misunderstood.

And it honestly still seems like you don't get how your statement was fallacious so ok.

I give up trying to explain though, it's not important enough

I thought the problem was because I said "nakamura made blitz look good" was being equated to "FAB makes Pot look good". If that's not it then nope, I'm clueless lol.

Something being effective or ineffective doesn't necessarily represent the entire sample pool. If someone you play against, for example maybe a Ky player, keeps doing raw Greed Sever and you can't block it for shit all, doesn't mean it's a particularly good strategy to use all the time, or that Greed Sever is a broken move. FAB doesn't represent the entire pool of how Potemkin players play all the time, and Nakamura doesn't represent how effective blitz shielding is on a regular basis.

Something being effective or ineffective doesn't necessarily represent the entire sample pool. If someone you play against, for example maybe a Ky player, keeps doing raw Greed Sever and you can't block it for shit all, doesn't mean it's a particularly good strategy to use all the time, or that Greed Sever is a broken move. FAB doesn't represent the entire pool of how Potemkin players play all the time, and Nakamura doesn't represent how effective blitz shielding is on a regular basis.

Still, it's not rare to discus such subjects in fighting games beyond the idea of "skill". Nakamura does what he does with Blitz Shield, therefore (as underutilized as it is), we can assume that BS is useful. Same for Potemkin - sure, there aren't many (maybe none) players that do Pot things as good as FAB, but that doesn't undermine the fact that he can be very, very dangerous in the right hands.

Of course most players will never quite utilize certain elements of the game the same way these two players do (they're among the top Xrd players in the world for a reason), but that doesn't discount their achievements as the benchmark in theoretical discussion.

Whoa thread plz. Anyways are the loketests all over, or do they plan for a couple more?

Whoa thread plz. Anyways are the loketests all over, or do they plan for a couple more?

Second Loke takes place on 6/19 to 6/21.

Godsgarden # 10 GGXrd invited players vote
Intermediate announcement
(Titles omitted)
1FAB
2 Ogawa
====
3 Dogura
4 Efute
5 Koichi
6 Nage
7 Nakasu bed Man
8 Nakamura
9 LOL cola
10 Gazou
11 Kunirezaru
12 Kedako
13 Sammito
14 TAKA
15 Fino
16 Mugen

Taka made it.

someone isn't happy about that lol

Glad to see Mugen on the list, he's always so entertaining in his play. And, of course, the one, the only "Europe is FREE" FAB.

Bottom line everyone hates Elphelt

Or Ky Kiske for that matter. I'm surprised Rion or Ain didn't make it.

I remember voting for Hase a couple days back but I guess he had to pull out.

But Koichi plays Elphelt too.

He registered in GG10 with I-NO

Looks hw like decided to man up and put some effort into his actual character.

Or Ky Kiske for that matter. I'm surprised Rion or Ain didn't make it.

I remember voting for Hase a couple days back but I guess he had to pull out.

Problem is, only Ky players like watching Ky. It's not good television to the casual viewer because he doesn't just do crazy stuff that makes you go "ooooooh"...

...well, outside of midscreen dash VT combos, but

He registered in GG10 with I-NO

Looks hw like decided to man up and put some effort into his actual character.

That's cool,I wonder why he hasn't been using her that much.