Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I'm pretty sure the interviews haven't been posted before, though it does say in the article that they were interviewed in May.

4Gamer has posted a video of Akira demoing Revelator for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDkGt5UDvmQ

Holy shit, the lighting on 5th Skywalk. And the fireworks. I like this better than the rain version that Leo has as his stage in Sign.

7:28: Oh my gosh, her crouching idle!

3:52: New Dust follow up in action.

5:44: The new light effects are looking really good. The characters even become brighter when a firework explodes in the background.

8:30: Hooray, Danger Time still exists. You can even see at 8:44 on the right screen that they try to trigger it again... with mediocre success. They even clash at least three times and nothing happen. Either Danger Time happens way less often or/and it triggers only one time per round.

11:24: Footage of the new Blitz Shield mechanic.

12:19: Interesting, Jack-O' can air dash while she is carrying a pumpkin house.

3:28: Hold on, did Johnny destroy the shadow puddle? Was it always possible to destroy them or was it a coincidence with something else (active time, etc.)?

I guess when I said Attack Levels I was thinking about several things at once and got excited, sorry  :gonk: :

--How much priority does Blitz attack have?  Is it super armor like Hammer Fall or only absorb so many hits?  Can it be beaten out at all by anything?

--Does it actually crank guard when blocked or put you in decent blockstun?

--You mentioned it has Guard frames (ala Anji), does this affect the player's guard meter?

--Does a "low" BS charge lead to the same attack animation?  Or a different one?  Or is the attack a universal thing whether you Crouch Blitz or Stand?  Obviously you can't do Blitz Attacks while jumping I don't think.

To clarify, the follow-up attack does have an attack level, because anything that inflicts blockstun or hitstun has to have an attack level. Of course, we don't know what attack level it has because it's kinda hard to gleam frames of blockstun from a location test video.

As for your queries, the follow-up attack has auto-reject, not auto-guard. As soon as you let go of HS, you're free to be attacked. It does increase R.I.S.C. Level on block. Also, I'm pretty sure the follow-up attack is the same regardless of standing or crouching, and yes, the manual specifies it as something you can input after a grounded Blitz Shield exclusively.

Either Danger Time happens way less often or/and it triggers only one time per round.

It only triggers once per round. It's always worked that way.

I guess that leads me to my main question concerning Blitz attacks, if they auto-reject, are they the same as the original state the character was in or something else?

Low BS > Vulnerable to Overheads
Charging Low BS in to Attack > Vulnerable to ?
Standing BS > Vulnerable to Lows
Charging Standing BS > Vulnerable to ?

And while I think about it, are they still open to throws during the attack?

I guess that leads me to my main question concerning Blitz attacks, if they auto-reject, are they the same as the original state the character was in or something else?

Low BS > Vulnerable to Overheads
Charging Low BS in to Attack > Vulnerable to ?
Standing BS > Vulnerable to Lows
Charging Standing BS > Vulnerable to ?

And while I think about it, are they still open to throws during the attack?

dude this was what was already covered wtf

once it's charging you have full high low blitz state, throws beat it

4Gamer has posted a video of Akira demoing Revelator for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDkGt5UDvmQ

Holy shit, the lighting on 5th Skywalk. And the fireworks. I like this better than the rain version that Leo has as his stage in Sign.

At about 3m5s Zato does a superjump and they got some sort of speed line effect going on it. Finally something to distinguish a superjump from a regular jump.

At about 3m5s Zato does a superjump and they got some sort of speed line effect going on it. Finally something to distinguish a superjump from a regular jump.

Except height, speed and sound, sure.

It's cool they're trying (again) to add more utility to OD with the new Burst Overdrive thing, but I don't think anyone would give up Burst like that unless it's the game winning round. Still cool tho

It's cool they're trying (again) to add more utility to OD with the new Burst Overdrive thing, but I don't think anyone would give up Burst like that unless it's the game winning round. Still cool tho

I'm not so sure it's that cut and dried.  People burst all the time to make sure they secure Round 1 (or not lose a close one).  It's just another option to get an edge in a match, which I fully plan on abusing.

Has there been any word on what all you can do during Ground Dust Dash Cancel?

I mean, for characters who can't dash like Bedman or Leo, how would such a concept work?

I mean, for characters who can't dash like Bedman or Leo, how would such a concept work?

I'm assuming, like for Potemkin, they get a dashing animation for pursuit.

Here's Johnny, a dash (not run) character doing the new homing dust: https://youtu.be/MDkGt5UDvmQ?t=235

Pretty sure they got proper dash animations in Sign 1.10.

I'm not so sure it's that cut and dried.  People burst all the time to make sure they secure Round 1 (or not lose a close one).  It's just another option to get an edge in a match, which I fully plan on abusing.

Ehh that's fair man. I just can't envision a situation right now where I'd either use my regular old Burst or use OD. 

there are definitely frequently occuring situations where your opponent has a burst close to the end of the round and doing guaranteed damage with a super is ideal, also it sounds like a good amount of them have new properties which is another bonus on top of random confirm into even higher unburstable damage

Has there been any video footage of Johnny's IK?

I thought Johnny and Jack-O' didn't have IKs yet. I'm pretty sure someone said doing an IK with them during the loketests just displayed some sort of placeholder message.

Please remove YRCs from overdrives.

Most cost 75 Tension, it doesn't matter how good they are, they require enough resources to be this good.