Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

There is no real "potential" character. But if we're going to play around with the idea of who is most likely to be in the game, I'm sorry for ya but Dizzy probably has the greatest chance. Considering her AND J-man were both in the story mode.

There is no real "potential" character. But if we're going to play around with the idea of who is most likely to be in the game, I'm sorry for ya but Dizzy probably has the greatest chance. Considering her AND J-man were both in the story mode.

The same goes for Justice, and for some reason, I don't think she's going to be back anytime soon.

ArcSys said multiple times that only a fraction of ACs roster will end up making a comeback.

What Sowl said.. where's your source?

Ishiwatari said he eventually wants everyone to come back (if they can afford it financially obviously).

The same goes for Justice, and for some reason, I don't think she's going to be back anytime soon.

Well, before Xrd came out on consoles we didn't even think we'd see Justice at all so nothing can be taken for granted.

Well nobody (I hope) is saying bring the WHOLE AC cast back.  The thing is, everyone wants THEIR character back, and considering that everyone in the playerbase has different preferences that means someone is inevitably going to be disappointed.  

I stated before in that Order-Sol thread that I am not dying for him to come back. I'm having fun playing Sol instead in Xrd. But it's different for everyone. In spite of what Blade's saying, I totally get how people feel about wanting their main back. I know that if the next SC comes out and Maxi's not in it, I probably won't be very hype about it.

"If GG was only about picking one character you wouldn't have "character select" you'd have *cue announcer voice*
YOU'RE STUCK WITH THIS CHARACTER!

Play pong if you only care about one character, man..."

I just wanted to quote this to point out how stupid it was. Having multiple characters to pick doesn't mean you're obligated to pick more than one character. If anything, GG is very much about having at least one character for every player, which naturally implies that some players are inclined towards particular character types or styles.

Justice appeared in the story mode as some kind 20 foot tall monstrosity which was said to be "as she always looked" (or something of that nature). I don't think she's coming back to the playable roster so quick...

I just wanted to quote this to point out how stupid it was. Having multiple characters to pick doesn't mean you're obligated to pick more than one character. If anything, GG is very much about having at least one character for every player, which naturally implies that some players are inclined towards particular character types or styles.

Who the heck said anything about "obligation"????  I sure didn't.  You aren't obligated to pick more than one, but you aren't obligated to stick to one character either.  I'm just saying that Character Select is there for a reason and that reason is to give players more options.

As far as AC's roster... I do not recall them stating that "We won't use AC's entire roster"... if they did say that I would like a source.

However, as far as I understand it... they are releasing characters based on several factors:

---Plot (first and foremost, which makes sense given the direction they are focusing on)

---Popularity (lets face it, people like a choice in the matter)

---Contribution (how does a character contribute to the roster in terms of variety?)

If they said anything at all it would most likely be "we want to do everyone but right now it's going to take a while".

Who the heck said anything about "obligation"????  I sure didn't.  You aren't obligated to pick more than one, but you aren't obligated to stick to one character either.  I'm just saying that Character Select is there for a reason and that reason is to give players more options.

Yes, as in, if you don't like a particular character, you have the option of picking a character that is more to your taste. Now, if the game doesn't offer a character to your taste, you're not under obligation to keep playing the game and to just pick another character that you may not like. If your entire basis for liking a game is one character, then maybe you're not the biggest fan of the game itself, but that doesn't mean you're obligated to keep playing the game.

This is why you walking around saying "I play who I like regardless of viability or my own skill," and "play Pong if you only wanna play one character," in response to people saying they want their main back, makes no sense and does nothing but make you look like a fool. It's like, no shit guy, I would play who I like too, except they're not in this game!

But you don't have to be online or on PSN to training room.

To me PSN = Playstation as a system (else I would have to mention both the PS3 and PS4). The only reason I own consoles is because I would miss out on a truckload of great games if I didnt. The less I have to use them the better.

I just did a bit of research and found out that this is probably not going to be Xrd. Checked a bunch of threads on the Steam forums and Shini (an ArcSys developer on the Steam team) keeps mentioning that 'his company also has other games' (that arent GG or BB). According to a friend of mine he also said that their next port will not be GG or BB (cant find the post though). That would rule out Xrd and CPE. So its probably UNIEL or P4U.

edit: Ok, I think I just found the post he was talking about

4hZ0iPK.png

Could mean literally anything to be honest.

Yes, as in, if you don't like a particular character, you have the option of picking a character that is more to your taste. Now, if the game doesn't offer a character to your taste, you're not under obligation to keep playing the game and to just pick another character that you may not like. If your entire basis for liking a game is one character, then maybe you're not the biggest fan of the game itself, but that doesn't mean you're obligated to keep playing the game.

This is why you walking around saying "I play who I like regardless of viability or my own skill," and "play Pong if you only wanna play one character," in response to people saying they want their main back, makes no sense and does nothing but make you look like a fool. It's like, no shit guy, I would play who I like too, except they're not in this game!

I agree that you aren't obligated to pick anyone at all if none of the characters appeal to you, even the game in general.  And I wasn't really intentionally speaking to people who "want their main back" as I was to people who only play one character.

But at the same time, those who "want their mains" might consider trying new characters for a while, operative word being "try".

As someone who never had a "main" to speak of, I honestly have a hard time understanding what people are so hung up about when it comes to not having a main.  Just because you're not in an ideal situation all the time doesn't mean it's not a worthy learning experience.

I can say with no doubt in my mind that I-No is not my main, but for the longest time I've wanted to play AS her, and went very far to make progress in learning her.  That goes for nearly any character that appealed to me.  I guess it would be hard for players who have "only one character" that appeals to them... but if that is the case, wouldn't it make more sense to explore other horizons?  Check new stuff out?  Look outside the box so to speak?

I'm not trying to shove characters (old or new) down anyone's throat... but I think having a more open mind would help.

http://www.twitch.tv/godsgardenGodsgarden 10 starting very soon. Winner gets 100 000 yen and a ticket to ARC REVO. 

Players who were voted in:

1. FAB (Potemkin)
2. Efute (May)
3. Dogura (Sin Kiske)
4. Ogawa (Zato-1)
5. Koichi (I-No)
6. Nakasu Bedman (Bedman)
7. Nage (Faust)
8. Kunilethal (Ramlethal)
9. Daibakushou Cola (Millia Rage)
10. Nakamura (Millia Rage)
11. Kedako (Ramlethal)
12. Fino (Venom)
13. Gazou (Faust)
14. Mugen (Sol Badguy)
15. Taka (Slayer)
16. Samitto (Chipp Zanuff)

And of course there is others too.

Samitto is the winner, ain is runner up and 3rd place goes to Ogawa

Whoa Ain doing work son

Goddamn Godsgarden was so hype!!!

I honestly thought Ogawa was gonna take this but props to Samitto.

As long as an Elphelt doesnt win i'm good. Seriously though do yourself a favor and watch the videos.